*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I'm looking forward to a great time! I'm interested in the HoopRevue, I've never been before. I'd like to do the bar crawl and Yee Haw Bob, also never been to his show yet!

I'm happy to help facilitate the meet up at the Victoria Falls Lounge. I'd love to theme it as "Get Your Glow On" Prepping your luminescent items for fun! I can supply some glow stick items for folks with DISparty credentials in the first hour, and if any supplies remain, then open it to everyone in the second hour. That way we hopefully use up everything. I think it would also be wise to partner with the DIS leadership to make sure we don't run afoul of any expectations or requirements that we don't know about from the outside looking in. :) If it's better to have someone more local or more involved in the DIS event lead the meet-up, no worries! :)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions...I know my parents have eaten at Rose and Crown in 2013 for their Candlelight Processional Dining Package restaurant, but I did not eat there that day. Dad enjoyed it and mom said it was ok for her. I guess it would have to just decide what I can get when it is my 180 day mark.

I will no longer be doing the Kennedy Space Center activity as my brother has invited me on a Florida trip in January and we will be doing it then.

I would love to be added to the Hoop Dee Doo list and am always welcome to a pre party meet up

I did add the event - though I listed both weekends as possible dates (and guess theoretically both could happen is some dates work for some people and others work for others).

If you want I can list you as the “leader” for the dates you are going and then see who else is interested and what dates work for them
Thanks @Max Rebo for adding this to the list of events :) My dates have changed a bit due to unforeseen circumstances (moving to the 5th and 6th). We could added 'tentative' dates for now, if available. When we look to make more formal plans in Feb we can get a count of how many for any particular day. I was wondering if it might be good to create a separate thread to track this......but that can wait until February. If we get enough for a group....that's great:-)......if we don't but people get the opportunity to volunteer...well that's just as great! :D

The big thing is if folks do want to join in they need to apply with GKTW so they get the appropriate approvals and such. The link to their Volunteer page is:

https://www.gktw.org/volunteer/

Thanks again for adding and your help :)

Doug :goofy:

Can you change our dates to Aug 7-17 (staying at SSR).
Also add us to the list in the group photo with Mickey and Minnie and the Moonlight Magic DVC event. Thank you!

Are there those that either:
- aren't getting in until the 8th or 9th but definitely want to do one of the above?
- are attending the DVC event on the 8th and definitely want to attend one of the above?
Hopefully I will be able to get a reservation for the DVC event! I definitely want to go to Hoop Dee Doo. I have never been and I think it would be fun with a group of people.

Thanks for doing this @TheMaxRebo Not sure where we are staying yet. My husband and I would definitely be interested in the DVC Moonlight Event, HoopDeDoo Review, Pre Party Meet up, Illuminations Viewing, and World of Animation at. DHS. How do we get our names added to the list? Thanks again.

Last edited:

Please sign me up for two of the new events, World of Animation and the DVC Moonlight event as long as someone wants to meet that really long, lost cousin that they didn't know they had! :rolleyes1

Please add my group to the Moonlight Magic group (even though we aren't DVC members)

sorry i haven't been around for a while, i've been massively busy taking care of my 91 year old mom who's been in and out of the hospital the past month and on the fun side, having an 8 day blast..

so playing catch up here...

please add us (disneyholic family and MickeyMouseIsKing) to the following:

- Illuminations Viewing
- Disney Springs Lunch (probably not the movie as we'll certainly have seen it by then - if nowhere else then on the disney magic in july)
- World of Animation Nighttime Show Viewing
- Group Photo with the big cheese (i'm listed, but please also add MickeyMouseIsKing)
- Moonlight Magic (we're not direct owners so not entitled to reserve, but would love to go as somone's plus 2 :) )
- Interested in events that Involve a Bar/Lounge (there are certain ones i'm definitely interested in)..

.thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Since I am doing this as a solo trip, I am approaching this trip a little different...I would like to do some different dining. I am looking at going to some sit-down restaurants that I haven't been to before.

The places I am looking at are:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Kona Cafe

I am torn on where to eat at EPCOT...The couple I am looking at are: Rose and Crown, Via Napoli, Le Cellier and Rose and Crown. I guess I have to get it down to just one for EPCOT.

at epcot, our favorite table service restaurants are the much maligned mexican ones - San Angel Inn (the one inside the pavilion) and La Hacienda de San Angel - though i prefer the first one, San Angel Inn, inside the pavilion...

i also like the two in japan...

.and we've also enjoyed the coral reef, though it can be hit or miss...
we used to like rose and crown, but our two most recent visits there were dreadful so we've sworn off going there..

coming back to edit this - there's another restaurant that we love in epcot - in Norway...
i've gone braindead and can't remember the name - the lunch buffet there...it's a princess buffet....oh i remember...it's called akershus....
we've eaten there twice....the first time several years ago was only so so, but the last time (summer 2017) it was fabulous!!! really good food!! excellent salmon and salads...
we had a wonderful time there!

Last edited:
There seem to be 2 diametrically opposed groups on this subject.

We heard so much about Via Napoli pizza that we finally went to try it. It was AWFUL. It was soggy and disgusting. You couldn't pick up the slices. You had to either use a knife and fork or pick the plate up to your mouth and slide it off the edge bite by bite. Plus because it was so wet and under cooked, the toppings rolled right off. And to make it even worse, they charge a ridiculous price, even by Disney standards. I think a pizza was $28 or right around there.

So some people rave about it but just be aware that there's another group that describes it pretty much the same way I just did. I've seen many reviews that mirrored our experience.

that was also our experience....went there because of all the great reviews, but it was horrible...

Thanks for doing this @TheMaxRebo Not sure where we are staying yet. My husband and I would definitely be interested in the DVC Moonlight Event, HoopDeDoo Review, Pre Party Meet up, Illuminations Viewing, and World of Animation at. DHS. How do we get our names added to the list? Thanks again.

You just post here like you did and then I (when I finally get around to it) will add your names to the first posts (which I just did - I hope I got them) all

Thanks and :welcome:!

Ok I am signed up for the party but the plan is for me to fly in Friday before and leave late Sunday night. I know we don't have have dates set for all the events but I am interested in Hoop Dee Doo if possible since I have never done that.

Depending on times/days of the other things I would be interested in the following,

Bar crawl
Pre-Party meet up
Yeehaw Bob
A tour
Illuminations
World of Disney animation viewing

Obviously due to the nature of my short trip I won't be able to do all of those and that won't bother me. These are just the things I would be interested in.

Ok I am signed up for the party but the plan is for me to fly in Friday before and leave late Sunday night. I know we don't have have dates set for all the events but I am interested in Hoop Dee Doo if possible since I have never done that.

Depending on times/days of the other things I would be interested in the following,

Bar crawl
Pre-Party meet up
Yeehaw Bob
A tour
Illuminations

Obviously due to the nature of my short trip I won't be able to do all of those and that won't bother me. These are just the things I would be interested in.

I know at least some others that were interested in the DVC event also were interested in Hoop Dee Doo, so maybe we plan on that for Friday evening? If we do one of the earlier shows I think we could then make a night time show after it (Illuminations or World of Disney Animation) - though I know not super convenient to get to those parks from Hoop Dee Doo

Not sure of timing of tours to do those on Friday Saturday or earlyish Sunday

sorry i haven't been around for a while, i've been massively busy taking care of my 91 year old mom who's been in and out of the hospital the past month and on the fun side, having an 8 day blast..

so playing catch up here...

please add us (disneyholic family and MickeyMouseIsKing) to the following:

- Illuminations Viewing
- Disney Springs Lunch (probably not the movie as we'll certainly have seen it by then - if nowhere else then on the disney magic in july)
- World of Animation Nighttime Show Viewing
- Group Photo with the big cheese (i'm listed, but please also add MickeyMouseIsKing)
- Moonlight Magic (we're not direct owners so not entitled to reserve, but would love to go as somone's plus 2 :) )
- Interested in events that Involve a Bar/Lounge (there are certain ones i'm definitely interested in)..

.thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she is on the Mend now.

Bar crawl
Pre-Party meet up
Yeehaw Bob
A tour
Illuminations

That sounds like a challenge and I think you should try and fit all those things in - you have 3 whole days especially if you don’t sleep :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!