Undercover Tourist Tickets

MegMouseketeer

Mouseketeer
Hi! I was told that Undercover Tourist has discount US/IOA tickets. I want a 1 day park to park ticket. Universal sells them for $165 per person. UT sells them for $175 a person. Am I missing something? Isn't it suppose to be discounted?

The UT price is always inclusive of taxes and delivery. Uni pre-bought off their website are cheaper than day-of at the gate.

And you can shop around for 'discounts' for hours and finally realize that these major parks, WDW and Uni, control the flow of tickets for a hot commodity. The most you will see is a percent here and a percent there. Change expectations if you are looking for 20% off like shopping at the mall. Those don't exist. Take every dollar you can save though. And have fun!

Oh, I understand that the discount will be minimal. They were advertising a $5 saving per ticket. Priced out (including tax for tickets through Universal), the totals are literally dead even. :/

From personal experience, be wary of purchasing the 1 day ticket from UT. I had bought them for our October trip and my husbands ticket did not work when we got to the gate - said it was already used and reprinted. Customer service at Universal was fantastic and handled it well, but it cut about 35 minutes out of our morning schedule and was extremely frustrating.

Yes 1 day tickets are rarely discounted anywhere - but if you have Amex they do the credit offer for UT sometimes, which gives you a discount in the end. You have to look under offers on their site - some are targeted and not everyone gets them. Friends last year got it buying the one day/2 park tickets through UT and had no problems.

Hi! I was told that Undercover Tourist has discount US/IOA tickets. I want a 1 day park to park ticket. Universal sells them for $165 per person. UT sells them for $175 a person. Am I missing something? Isn't it suppose to be discounted?

Ok so Universal went to tiered pricing I believe last year. So there's Value, Anytime and mixed season (which means seasons vary by park) for 1-day tickets.

If you look on Undercover Tourist's website there is no savings listed for Value season for 1-day park to park. That will run you $175.73 which is the exact price with tax as Universal's website.

upload_2017-11-20_15-9-33.png

Here's Universal's website:
upload_2017-11-20_15-10-3.png
upload_2017-11-20_15-10-25.png

===========================================================

However, if you look on Undercover Tourist's website for Anytime season (which means it's valid on any date) you'll see the price is with an advertised savings of $5. I think you were looking at this one when you saw the savings part.
upload_2017-11-20_15-11-57.png

Universal's Anytime on their website is $179.00 prior to tax and with tax it's $190.64. This is basically the $5 savings ($185.30 vs $190.64).
upload_2017-11-20_15-16-13.png
upload_2017-11-20_15-15-41.png

In a nutshell 1) 1 day tickets won't be discounted much 2) No discount when your desired date falls on a Value season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter