Universal Area Hotels

invaderzim

DIS Veteran
:wave:
Hi, All.....

We are taking the Disney Cruise 8/28 and want to spend four days doing Universal before we go. Anyone have any suggestions about hotels near Universal (we can't afford the on-site ones!).

Thanks....::MinnieMo :jester:

We have stayed at the Radison and the holiday inn (both walking distance ~20min) and the Wyndam (about 2 minutes drive). You can get the Wyndam on priceline for really cheap ($30-$40). They are all decent hotels but nothing compared to the on-site hotels. Maybe you could stay on-site for a few days?

We stayed at the Radisson Universal and thought it was great for the price ($61/night on Expedia). The rooms are big and clean and the location is great - right across from the parking garage - so you are only a little farther away then if you got a reaaly bad parking spot. And the walk is nice - along the water behind the hotels - and you avoid all the crowds.

We wanted to stay on-site but just couldnt afford it this time. Maybe one day!

If you are staying off site. Try the amerisuites on caravan ct. The cheapest rate that i have found is 62 dollars taxes included per night. I found this hotel on www. hotelmartusa.com I have used this website before with no problems.
This hotel included a free breakfast buffet. The website shows what the rooms and buffet look like. It will also give you a good map to locate the hotel. Also reasonably close to universal.

Pick a couple days you want Express at UO rather badly and book at least 1 nite on-site.
You won't regret it ! It's even worth moving!!
Jim

Another vote for the Amerisuites on Caravan court,,,unless you can swing a night or two on-site!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter