Universal CityWalk Reopening Date

I posted this in the Rumors thread but should have come here. Do locals really go to Citywalk? Unlike Disney Springs which is more of a mall, I always got the impression Citywalk traffic was driven from the resorts and maybe locals when they had bigger name concerts. Was just trying to figure out who would be getting CityWalk Starbucks while the parks/resort was closed?

It's nice to see something opening...perhaps this is a good sign for those w/ June reservations.
Hope it works out and folks are able to get back to work-

I can see locals going to the City Walk, especially if they're looking for something to do now. There are a few unique restaurants which are not offered in Orlando. There aren't many shops, but sometimes (especially during these times) you can just take a walk around there to amuse yourself / exercise. I would say the clubs, movies, golf as well, but I do not think they would be considered open, as right now only restaurants and shops can be open to 25% capacity.

Has anyone heard any more on this? I thought there would be a more public official announcement from Universal if they were opening Citywalk in 4 days, There would have to be people receiving food orders in the next day which is hard to hide too.

Its possible the May 11th date was for training or prep work maybe?

I can see locals going to the City Walk, especially if they're looking for something to do now. There are a few unique restaurants which are not offered in Orlando. There aren't many shops, but sometimes (especially during these times) you can just take a walk around there to amuse yourself / exercise. I would say the clubs, movies, golf as well, but I do not think they would be considered open, as right now only restaurants and shops can be open to 25% capacity.
I'd agree - good place to just walk around on a nice day as long as you have an AP with free parking

I see the Springs is planning on a phased open up on the 20th. Hopefully that is a good sign of things to come for both parks.

Did anyone hear if these 2 places reopened today? Was it calling staff back for training/interior work or was it a false rumor?

May 14th is the day it partially reopens.

See https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update?linkId=88480280

Free Parking, Facemask Required, and Temperature checks

On the 14th:
Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available

Shopping venues:

Airbrush
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts

Entertainment venue:

Hollywood Drive-In Golf™

May 14th is the day it partially reopens.

See https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update?linkId=88480280

Free Parking, Facemask Required, and Temperature checks

On the 14th:
Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available

Shopping venues:

Airbrush
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts

Entertainment venue:

Hollywood Drive-In Golf™

Out of curiosity, what do they mean by retail only in regards to the tattoo shop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!