Universal Hotel Prices

highlander447

<font color=green>It's a dirty job but someones go
Ok I am from Scotland and when we are staying at RPR next march its part of a package and I see from all the threads that quite a lot of fellow travellers are disapointed by the discount rates next year and in fact some can book cheaper through other sites like hotel kingdom I think the reason for that is that the hotel sell the rooms to agents first so that the agent pays for the room even if they can't sell it and because of the increasing popularity of the hotels it means the agents have bought bigger blocks of rooms leaving the hotel with fewer rooms to fill therfore they don't feel the need to greatly discount the rooms anymore thats only my opinion what do you think?:chat:

I agree with you Highlander. I think the law of "supply and demand" is starting to play a role at US. Considering you get fotl access at either of the hotels and location so close to the parks, there's a lot of room to play with the prices. The whole idea of onsite hotels is fairly new (compared to wdw) and is just catching on. I guess US wants to take as much advantage of that as possible....i.e. make little more profit. A taxi driver mentioned something interesting to us back in July. He pointed over to the empty land beyond and to the left of Jake's plane and said that US was planning two or three more hotels there and that they already owned the land. While that will add to the variety of places to stay at US, I think that would be the end of fotl. I wonder how that would effect all the rates?

I have to agree too. Everyone wants to stay on site now so they don't have to deeply discount. Word has gotten out!

Compared to disney resorts still a bargin! Just makeing it harder to budget for.But yes i agree supply and demand does have a great impact on all of us!

Too extremee mother I think to be honest it was a marketting ploy but as Daddydon says still cheaper than a lot cheaper I mean its more expensive for us to stay at allstars than RPR :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter