Universal info and help

Tinkerfan2005

Earning My Ears
We will be traveling to Orlando for a few days this summer. We are planning to go to Disney, but want to visit Universal while we are there. We have 1 day and are trying to pick which park to go to. DS (10) is a huge Harry Potter and Marvel fan. My DD (7) is more of a Disney fan. I worry she will be bored. Is there anything for little kids there? Which park should we pick for our one day?
Also, how do they do tickets? Is it a paper ticket or do they have a magic band type system? Are bags allowed in the park like they are for Disney? Thanks. I know it is a lot.

I would go with Islands of Adventure. He will get to see the Hogwarts castle and it has the Spider-Man ride. If you are going after June 13th there is a new Harry Potter rollercoaster opening there as well.

Depending on how tall your daughter is she should be able to ride most rides. Last time we went my kids were 5 & 9 and both had a blast. There is a Dr Seuss area for younger kids, but we didn’t spend much time there.

Just something to be aware of, and prepare your son for, you won’t be able to ride the Hogwarts Express train without a park hopper as it travels between the 2 parks. If you can swing it I would recommend a park hopper.

Paper tickets, and yes you can bring a backpack.

Check out the park maps on the UO site

You can see which rides your dd would like to try

Seuss land is fun for all ages
I always hit that section and do all the rides there

I agree with Islands of Adventure. There's nothing like seeing Hogwarts for a true Potterhead. What kinds of rides does your daughter like at Disney? In addition to Seuss Land, there's also Flight of the Hippogriff, which is a kiddie coaster, Pteranadon Flyers, which is a child's ride, and I haven't been to Camp Jurassic yet, but I hear it will keep your kid busy all day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts