Universal Orlando, Dec 2010 (Complete!)

Wonderful trip report. You have me looking at dates in October. A few days at Epcot for Food and Wine and a few days at IOA. Can't wait to get back t IOA to see the new Harry Potter area. It was being built when we were there in 3/10.

Lucy :)

I finally read your report and it's wonderful! It definitely helped me with the homesick feeling I've been having lately.

I can't believe I missed your trip report when you first posted it. The pictures are fantastic and the details you posted were great! But what I loved the best about it was your sense of humor. I kept laughing tonight while I was reading it and my husband was trying to sleep. I was getting the evil eye from him but it was so worth it! Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Thanks, folks! I really appreciate all your comments. Thanks for the smile this morning.

And Lucy - I have to say I'm very intrigued by Hollywood Horror Nights. I definitely want to go back some day. It just won't be this October!

"...super-scary double pointed needles...." !!!

IMO, even scarier once you know what they are!! haha If I ever express a desire to knit a sock or a glove, please kill me. I've clearly been invaded by a body snatcher.

Magpie, I guess I'd better get started if I'm going to have scarves for OUR December trip! Thanks for the fantastic report. Really made me look forward to it even more!!

I truly enjoyed reading your trip report and seeing your pictures! I found your comments helpful too since we haven't been to Universal since 2002 and are starting to plan a trip for 2011 or 2012.

Anyway, bravo on a job well done!

Just dropping by again to say I covet your scarves! :goodvibes I reopened your thread to show your pics and story to my family.

Fantastic trip report! Very funny and detailed. Thanks so much for writing it!

We are Disney veterans, but we have decided to take a break so my family booked our first trip to Universal/Sea World yesterday. I know very little about Universal and IOA, so your descriptions were very very helpful. I especially enjoyed everything you wrote about Harry Potter Land, since I am a huge fan of the books and this is the thing we are most looking forward to.

We are going in July, so our weather experience will be greatly different from yours.

We booked the Portofino because it was the only one with availability/decent pricing for the concierge lounge- at Disney we found this to be a great option for a quick breakfast, then out to the parks first thing in the morning.

Your comment about your son's jeans and underwear shortage was hilarious, and really hit home. My son has one pair of jeans that he will wear and it surprises and disgusts me that I only see one pair of underwear from him in the laundry basket each week!

I'll be back again to reread your report- it is the first one I have read since we booked our trip.

Oh my goodness, loved your trip report. So funny:rotfl:. I teared up when your DS finally got picked at Olivanders. :flower3: Our first trip to Universal is this summer. Can't wait:yay:!

just finished your trip report and loved it. So glad that you had a good time except the weather wasn't being nice with the cold. We will be going in June and I haven't been to Universal since my girls were real small and he have never been to IOA so looking forward to it as my one daughter loves HP and has read the books so much that she doesn't need the book any more as it is memorized.:lmao:

Loved your trip report and pictures. We last went in December 2008 and our next trip is this August. I learned a few things for this go around I didn't know about....even after all my research here in the Dis. I didn't even know about the Triceratops Encounter and Discovery Trail...though my son did get to name a baby triceratops! Hope on of my DS gets sneezed on lol. They would think it was great :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter