Universal Orlando Reopened June 5th! CityWalk Reopened on May 14th

I took notes on what was said
Seems well thought out plans

Jine 1 and 2 is staff in the park
June 3 and 4 for AP and guests
June 5 open for the public

It was said no SRL, no valet parking, virtual lines, etc

See if this works - Universal slides on re-opening.

Attachments

• Safety protocols for Govt Relations_phase 2_final.pdf
    902.9 KB · Views: 28
I still wasn't clear on Volcano Bay - seems that it is opening per the slides, but I didn't specifically hear that excluded from the face mask requirement. . .

Did they state how or where season pass holders would be able to sign up for June 3 and 4? I have reservations at the Aventura hotel.

Was there any mention about resorts or park capacity?
Nothing in detail released in today’s announcement.

As the days pass, I’m sure we will read more details especially after the parks do open to the public on June 5.

UO only released basic info on how they plan to open the parks.
June 1 thru the 5th is the basics on how the parks will start out.

Guessing UO will adjust things to improve what works and what doesn’t.

Once they are opened to all, I’ll be reading as many will share the good with the bad.

I have read a lot about how City Walk opening went and it’s more on the positive side by what I’ve read so far.

Did they state how or where season pass holders would be able to sign up for June 3 and 4? I have reservations at the Aventura hotel.
I watched the session and did not hear how that sign up will be established.
If it was discussed and I missed it, hope someone will post and share with us.

I watched the session and did not hear how that sign up will be established.
If it was discussed and I missed it, hope someone will post and share with us.
I watched as well and didn’t hear it discussed. His language was a little vague around who exactly would be there on the 3rd and 4th, sounded like they had a little buttoning up to do.

They have to let the onsite guests into the parks to have people book the hotels

I’m thinking that APH holders would be required to make reservations but likely no issue getting in after the first few days.

It's passed and official, reopening on the 5th of June.

Details on new procedures/requirements:
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update
Reduced Initial Park hours on reopening:

Universal Studios Florida:
  • 9am-6pm Daily
Universal’s Islands of Adventure
  • 9am-6pm Daily
Universal’s Volcano Bay
  • 10am-5pm Daily
Universal CityWalk Orlando
  • 8am – 10pm Daily
Masks are required at the theme parks, but only recommended at Volcano Bay (but not allowed in the water).

Last edited:
What about the resorts, the hotels? We have a reservation for Portofino June 20th. I haven't seen any comments about the resorts. Any info on that?
Thanks, YO

What about the resorts, the hotels? We have a reservation for Portofino June 20th. I haven't seen any comments about the resorts. Any info on that?
Thanks, YO
Your booking will be valid.
They will be expecting you!

I know a few peeps that are booked for early June at one of the premier hotel.

There are rumblings that Universal may only open a few of the hotels at first, and bring the others online later, moving reservations for the others. Royal Pacific, Cabana Bay, and Hard Rock only initially, Portofino shortly later, then then others (aventura, Sapphire, Dockside, Bayside) waiting for results from the first (although they would reopen quickly.) Still nothing official, though, yet, but I'd suspect soon. Disney may do something similar with resorts.

However this is friend of a friend type of word, so I don't know how accurate it is. I'm sure Universal will let everyone know soon enough.

Had not thought of that but it makes sense to stagger the hotels opening.

I had some pm’s from posters asking about when hotels would be open so I did a dummy trip set up for
RP for June 2

It came up as available for June 2

Also ran a check on HR.

Checked hotel availability about 3 days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter