Universal photo package questions

sejeta

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever gotten the Universal photo package? Right now there is a good deal but it seems to good to be true KWIM? LOL
My DH is cautious about this deal and I also have a few questions about it as well

Does anyone know if this is anything like the Disney's memory maker?
I'm mostly concerned that you are not able to download high res pictures onto your computer to be printed later, on places like Costco. Anyone know if this is an Option?

I was also wondering if anyone knows how you get the pictures taken off the site? do you have to order the pictures taken from Universal from their site only? Being from Canada this could be a problem with duties etc.

How about sharing, can you share these pictures, or would you have to give someone access to your photo page. Sorry for all the questions but I'm not sure how long this deal is. I was originally going to wait to buy when I was there to make sure the pictures were good quality. With the 30 dollar discount I don't want to wait but I want to make sure this deal is good in the first place.
thanks.

We've used it twice now (Feb 2016 and Dec 2017)

This most recent trip we took up the Summer Special which was $59.95US valid for 5 consecutive days & we got an 5x7 in park print, an 8x10 in park print, an 18x22 in park print, and $10 online credit (never used the last online credit)
We got 52 photos on our 2 day trip (2A 2C) and felt we got our $ worth out of it
Kids ride photos are always great to have but we also got some nice family pics too

There is no expiry on the photos on your account or your ability to download them (we now have 150+ from 2 trips)
Essentially buying the package removes the watermark from the pictures you can still get the same pictures with or without the MUP package and view them online but they will be watermarked unless you buy individual image or a photo product.
By my reckoning around 3/4 of the images we got were "unique" images that would require purchase to acquire (i.e ride & green screen photos as oppose to character pics where you can use own camera)

Its not as polished as Memory Maker but its does have social media sharing and downloading is less cumbersome than MM
If you want to add borders etc you have to do that in park there is no editing facility.
The ride photos are ride photo quality :) but in general the other images are decent quality - Not hi-Res but our prints all look good (including the 2 large prints)
Rather than giving direct access to the images I merely downloaded them all and created a Google photos album for family to view

I would thoroughly recommend it if the price and package can fit in with your plans (consecutive days is often an issue)
But any more question dont hesitate to ask

We've used it twice now (Feb 2016 and Dec 2017)

This most recent trip we took up the Summer Special which was $59.95US valid for 5 consecutive days & we got an 5x7 in park print, an 8x10 in park print, an 18x22 in park print, and $10 online credit (never used the last online credit)
We got 52 photos on our 2 day trip (2A 2C) and felt we got our $ worth out of it
Kids ride photos are always great to have but we also got some nice family pics too

There is no expiry on the photos on your account or your ability to download them (we now have 150+ from 2 trips)
Essentially buying the package removes the watermark from the pictures you can still get the same pictures with or without the MUP package and view them online but they will be watermarked unless you buy individual image or a photo product.
By my reckoning around 3/4 of the images we got were "unique" images that would require purchase to acquire (i.e ride & green screen photos as oppose to character pics where you can use own camera)

Its not as polished as Memory Maker but its does have social media sharing and downloading is less cumbersome than MM
If you want to add borders etc you have to do that in park there is no editing facility.
The ride photos are ride photo quality :) but in general the other images are decent quality - Not hi-Res but our prints all look good (including the 2 large prints)
Rather than giving direct access to the images I merely downloaded them all and created a Google photos album for family to view

I would thoroughly recommend it if the price and package can fit in with your plans (consecutive days is often an issue)
But any more question dont hesitate to ask

Thank you! Have downloaded any pictures and printed them from an outside place like Walmart, Costco? I'm hoping you get the rights to print pictures as well. They have the same price right now 59.99 US. its for 5 days. We have 3 park tickets days, but are taking a day off so the 5 days is great!
Thanks for explain how it worked for you.

Thank you! Have downloaded any pictures and printed them from an outside place like Walmart, Costco? I'm hoping you get the rights to print pictures as well. They have the same price right now 59.99 US. its for 5 days. We have 3 park tickets days, but are taking a day off so the 5 days is great!
Thanks for explain how it worked for you.
Added them to Photobooks with no issues thus far but not 100% sure of the rights or licensing

File size of downloaded file is around 0.5mb with 2100x1500 pixels at 300 dpi (7x5) size

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!