"Universal Rocks!!"

rie'smom

<font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y
This is my daughter's statement. She's 13 and we don't always see eye to eye but in this case,I totally agree! We just returned from a 12 day trip to both WDW and Universal.

She and I have decided in November that we'll skip the mouse and just play at IOA and US. We own at BWV and will stay there and then buy the Universal Express pass. I could write for days about how much we enjoyed our trip. Oh and we have converts!!!!! My brother and his family are officially Uni lovers. They could not get over the express thing and their kids loved the rides so much better than those at the other park complex.

We saw nothing but smiles from the workers at both parks. They were very friendly and helpful-kudos to Phamton for her helpful advice about my lost keys!!!

I'll keep the report concise:
Friendly workers
Great rides
Delicious food
It doesn't get better than this!

Sounds like you had a great trip. :) I hope this was just a teaser & you plan to tell us all about it. :teeth:

Ok, we arrived at about noon on the 31st. Our room was ready. After having had to wait until after 5 for our villa at BW,this was fabulous.

We went straight to IOA so that my daughter and her cousin could ride the Hulk-her absolute favorite coaster. They got right on and rode 5 times in a row! No fast passes-YES!!!!

We then went to Popeye's-my favorite at IOA. By now,my DB and his family met up with us. DSIL and I laughed until our stoamchs hurt. We were soaked to the gills.

My SIL thought that Spiderman was the ultimate theme park ride. She was positively gushing. It is fabulous.

The kids rode each ride in succession and had a blast.

The first night,we(DD,DN,and I) ordered room service-it was delicious as usual. Our server,Mariam,was the sweetest woman.

Day 2;
US. We had a marvelous time. I love MIB although I stink at shooting the aliens. DD,of course,had to ride ROTM about 10 zillion times.

DB and DSIL watched the Blues Brothers. DB and their little daughter, Clare had a ball dancing to the music.
I've learned to bring a book because I don't like coasters. We rode Shrek and Jimmy Neutron.

I've ridden Jaws about 20 times and it still scares the bejesus out of me. I almost sat in my niece's lap when he popped out of the water.

I lost my room keys somewhere after entering the ET Express area. This is when the true spirit of the wonderful Universal employees shown. Phamton reminded me to cancel my room keys because I had charging privileges. The guest services people issued the 3 of us Express passes for the rides at no charge which I thought was super nice and above and beyond what was necessary.
We ate at the seafood buffet in the Islands dining room. The food was so good. My niece ate a bunch of the crabs claws. My daughter doesn't like seafood and decided to eat from the children's buffet. The dessert selection was out of this world. If you have a chance to eat here-DO!! The bread pudding is scrumptious. Our server,Patti, insisted on only charging me the kid's buffet price even though my DD is 13. Again, Universal magic from a great employee! Her tip reflected my appreciation.

Our last day,we had a late start and decided to see POTC. It was great-my fave of the 3 movies. The movie was very creative-especially when Capt. Jack is in nowhere land when he's dead. Only a very good actor could achieve this over the top scenario w/out being hokey or overdone and Depp did it.

DD hit me up for a few outfits from Roxy and Billabong after the movie. She's a girl what can I say? :)

After the movie,we hit all of their favorites at both parks. We bought sandwiches and desserts from the cafe at IOA and brought them back to the room. Delish.

We left on the 3rd and as I posted previously,we won't go to the mouse in Nov.. It's too much work and not enough payback in the ride dept.

Oh,DSIL called last night. We gave them 4 nights in a 1 bd. at BWV. She said that her 11 yo twin boys kept saying that they wished they were still at Universal because they were tired of having to run around the parks for FPs and then doubling back to ride. They also much prefer the rides and the RPR pool. I know what they mean!

Universal is the best.
The Royal Pacific is the best.
The employees at both could give the WDW employees lessons in magic.
I wish that Universal had something llike DVC because we would have bought there as we love Universal so much more.
If you go to Universal,go with an open mind. If you can't go with an open mind,then don't put it down.
Universal is magic.
Any questions, please feel free to PM me!

The end.

hey rie's mom......sounds like you had a LOT of mummy dust on your trip !!

universal rules..........
and it roxs !!

loved your report.

Loved your report....so glad to hear you all had such a great time! :goodvibes (was this your first trip to UO?)
got any pictures to share..... :rolleyes1

Thanks! this was either our 6th or 7th visit but we're always as excited and as happy as we were on our first visit.

Great trip report. We have only been a couple of times, but DGS is begging to go back. After reading this trip report, you have inspired me to start planning again!

Great trip report. We have only been a couple of times, but DGS is begging to go back. After reading this trip report, you have inspired me to start planning again!

What a sweet post. Thank-you!

Great report and thanks for sharing. What would we do without Phamton?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter