Universal Studios Hollywood PRIVATE vip tour?

AndrewC

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone has done the *private* VIP tour at Universal Hollywood? I’ve been on the general tour before and it’s great value and love it… but this is a rare year when I’ve got a group all traveling at once. Probably 7 or 8 people and they’re game to do the VIP tour.

There is just a small blurb on the USH VIP page that private tours can be booked via calling. Just looking for any first hand information on if anything is different, cost, if the time slots can be customized or not (like the 9:45am slot is filled for 7 people already on our Oct date with the general VIP), etc.

It’s almost impossible to search for since Orlando seems to be way more prevalent for the private tours…

I called a couple years ago and the private tour at Hollywood is not quite the same as at Orlando. It is quite a bit more expensive for one thing (set price), and it really doesn't make sense unless you have 12 to 14 people, unless you really, really don't want to have another group with you. The park is so small that you will almost always go on every single ride. I had a group of 9 people we were going with, and it was still quite a bit less expensive doing the group tour.

I called a couple years ago and the private tour at Hollywood is not quite the same as at Orlando. It is quite a bit more expensive for one thing (set price), and it really doesn't make sense unless you have 12 to 14 people, unless you really, really don't want to have another group with you. The park is so small that you will almost always go on every single ride. I had a group of 9 people we were going with, and it was still quite a bit less expensive doing the group tour.
Do you recall roughly what the set price was and what the upper limit for people were?

I think I saw *one* site mention like $2175 for 5 people with each extra being $375 or something…

Might be worth it if we can secure an opening spot (which right now appears sold out for 7 people on our date in October) and get the backlot done before lunch…

I do not remember sorry, but what you are quoting sounds more like Orlando. I am pretty sure it was closer to what a Disneyland vip tour costs. You can always give them a call.

it was considerably more than it would have cost if we did the group tour, and I am also pretty sure it was close to a flat rate. It was during Christmas, so that may have made it worse I guess.

Last edited:

Finally got around to calling Universal before they closed for the day.

Full VIP private tour is.... a painful ~$6,100.... BUT, that is a flat price for up to 24 (!) people. If you had a full big group of 24 people that's a FANTSTIC price of ~$250/person and includes everything on the public VIP tour but you can customize it to the stuff you're interested in. (Honestly even if you only had 12 people that's ~$510 which is really only about $90 more a person than the public VIP tour... that's still a pretty good price for not being mixed with others that might have kids or really want to do Minions or something if your group are all older teens/adults)

They also have a VIP Theme park experience which was ~$2300 for a group of 4 people and $399/person for anyone past the initial 4. This does not include the lunch at Moulin Rouge or the black lot tour (at least the private one, I'm sure they would get you on the standard backlot tram) but does include lunch at one of two quick service restaurants (the Harry Potter one was one of the two... maybe the place in the Simpsons area was the other?).

These prices were accurate as of June 2023 for potential dates in October of 2023 (apparently the whole month of October is the same price, but other days might be different)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter