Universal will reopen June 5th!

I wasn’t too worried that the resorts would want to keep the perk just that the parks might put it on hold while they worked out the logistics of social distancing and park capacity. Btw, your trip reports are what inspired us to try Royal Pacific, we are so looking forward to it. 😊

Yep, exactly! I don’t think anyone is implying EP is going away forever, but there are some details they need to work out for this summer’s guinea pigs - um, I mean -guests.

My surgeon says my love of coasters may have contributed to my retina detaching and subsequent emergency surgery. I don’t have many other risk factors. It torpedoed our trip last summer. No Hulk for me anymore.
Yikes!!!

Just got an email my work is now reopening June 8 with training sometime between June 3-5.

It better not mess up my chance to go to Universal during the Ap period!

i am terrified of this happening to me and already see it a bit. I like the big boy coasters at cedar fair and six flags parks. I figure if I just never slow down my body will stay used to it. I’m also convinced the only reason I’ve ever had kidney stones with my diet is from riding so many coasters.
I am 41 and love coasters. I've never had an issue riding them. I have done the Mummy at Universal 11 times in a day once. I have ridden Steel Vengeance 4 times in one day.

great, something else to worry about.

I appreciate that:sad:

That should say NEVER not ever. Nothing to worry about. Only an unproven possible benefit of coasters. Specifically Big Thunder.

I am 41 and love coasters. I've never had an issue riding them. I have done the Mummy at Universal 11 times in a day once. I have ridden Steel Vengeance 4 times in one day.

I once rode Goliath 100ish times in a row for a charity thing. It was supposed to be until one person standing but that is such an amazingly fun and smooth coaster the last dozen or so of us were never going to stop. I was prepared to sleep there.

Last edited:
Was wondering the same. All they mentioned was no single rider lines.

Sorry, I didn't read through all 7 pages but this makes perfect sense. Single rider line was used to fill in the "empty spaces" that remained. (2 of 3 seats occupied) Now, that empty space is desired. :thumbsup2

Yesterday was the first really warm day here and I had to go to home depot with a mask.
It was pretty awful.
I cant imagine 85-90 degrees for several hours.
Hopefully we will get some research soon on weather or not it spreads in warm weather and policies can be adjusted..

Yesterday was the first really warm day here and I had to go to home depot with a mask.
It was pretty awful.
I cant imagine 85-90 degrees for several hours.
Hopefully we will get some research soon on weather or not it spreads in warm weather and policies can be adjusted..

It's already been established that it spreads in warm weather.

It hit and spread in Australia in the middle of their hot summer. It's spreading in India where the temperature has been over 90 every day for the last couple of months.

It hit and spread in Australia in the middle of their hot summer. It's spreading in India where the temperature has been over 90 every day for the last couple of months.

I don’t think the question is does it spread in warm weather but does warm weather slow the spread. Yes it does, and it does slow it significantly.

“For every increase in heat of 1 degree Celsius (the equivalent of 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit), we are seeing about 2% decline in transmission,” public-health expert Ali Mokdad, the chief strategy officer for population health at the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, told ABC News. “We find this relationship in our data and possibly it would be more when the weather warms up this month.”

The number for both those countries have been quite low.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
With warm weather it may be much harder for it to spread - this has been the case with other corona viruses.
The PP had some info with more detail.

Last edited:
I'm looking at buying a preferred 2-park and wondering if the capacity limits would be something like Wal-Mart's, enter when others leave?

I'm looking at buying a preferred 2-park and wondering if the capacity limits would be something like Wal-Mart's, enter when others leave?
I was wondering the same thing - also how do they deal with park to park.
Im not sure they can do the walmart thing - what if someone leaves to go to Citywalk - do they then have to wait to get back in, but they have already used their ticket and its for the day.

Also what about APs being first come first serve - so if they don't let an AP person in I can see someone flipping out.

There are a ton of logistical problems Universal will need to address no doubt.

We will all be watching this closely I am sure

So I just cancelled a 5 day reservation for 3 at Hard Rock and a 3 park pass, including U. Express for June 21-26 - All in with the food ( and we usually eat at nicer places) - its over $5K I wont be spending there this year or in the Orlando area. We were coming from Ohio - But i will not wear masks in 90 degree heat nor will my family - its not that we are militant freedom fighters, we just cant breathe with them and we are in very good physical shape. Sad that they feel having a unwashed piece of germ-laden cloth that is constantly being touched and spreading germs attached to guests face is a good thing. its too bad.
Same here. All healthy but I wear a mask at work all day and find myself needing to lower it just to take a deep breath. Can’t imagine doing that in the heat. It just wouldn’t be a fun vacation and would never expect my kids to keep it on all day. We are booked in November which I’m sure will be a different story by then but we also just booked a beaches resort vacation and will decide as it gets closer which one we will be doing. Our Florida trio would be a split stay with wdw/uo. I’m not spending $6k to not see characters, have to wear a mask and not get to see parades and fireworks. I’d rather spend the money in the carribean. I’m just a big planner so the suspense is so tough. I want to be set in which vacation we will take.

So I just cancelled a 5 day reservation for 3 at Hard Rock and a 3 park pass, including U. Express for June 21-26 - All in with the food ( and we usually eat at nicer places) - its over $5K I wont be spending there this year or in the Orlando area. We were coming from Ohio - But i will not wear masks in 90 degree heat nor will my family - its not that we are militant freedom fighters, we just cant breathe with them and we are in very good physical shape. Sad that they feel having a unwashed piece of germ-laden cloth that is constantly being touched and spreading germs attached to guests face is a good thing. its too bad.
Why not wait til Cedar Point opens since you're in Ohio and go there instead. Their hotel is nice.

Just got off the phone with Universal. They are not offering any guarantees to hotel guests for getting into the park and they are not doing early park admission either. That’s ridiculous. How can you pay those prices for their hotels and end up being turned away if they cap out? Hotel guests should be given priority in my opinion.

Do not know what to say about that as your post made me call the hotel and talk to a supervisor to check it out

Did not doubt you were given that info as some newly hired staff have given out incorrect information

I was told if you are a registered hotel guest, you will get the one hour early entry to the designated park of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!