Universal's Aventura Resort

It's a nice hotel at a good price point. Theming is little to nonexistent but rooms are modern looking and the walk to Volcano Bay was super convenient. Haven't tried the rooftop bar so can't comment on it.

Its more like a Marriott then a resort hotel so I don't think it works for most folks.
The pool is tiny and there is no theme park theming that people really like.

The rooftop bar has a ton of potential but they have not been able to figure it out - the lobby bar has more atmosphere - its the staff they just are not friendly and welcoming.

For me its cheap (with AP rate) and clean, they have really good pizza in the food court, you can walk to SF and RPR and take advantage of their amenities and pay a lot less.

You can walk to the park, I find CB does not seem as coinvent as far as the walk. If they ever get a crosswalk from CB to Aventura that may change things.

Dockside does not feel on property since you cant walk - but does have the benefit of IDrive options.

There is a crosswalk from Cabana Bay to Aventura … it’s just not close or easy to find . But it is safer to use the Bridge to cross over .
That is a dangerous intersection to try to cross illegally but I see a lot of guests doing that.

Trying it for the first time in November after many stays at Cabana Bay. Looking forward to it! Glad to hear the food court is good. I don't need theming, I enjoy walking to VB, and pool hopping. I love the pool at PB, can't justify the cost to stay there. Never tried the SF pool, will give it a shot too.

There is a crosswalk from Cabana Bay to Aventura … it’s just not close or easy to find . But it is safer to use the Bridge to cross over .
That is a dangerous intersection to try to cross illegally but I see a lot of guests doing that.
I do. I know what to watch out for (left turn arrow, etc) to cross when there is no traffic in my way.

We've lived in Orlando for the past 20 years or so. Aventura is our go-to staycation resort due to the Fl resident discounts and the architecture/theming is right in my wheelhouse. It caters to our style of a resort with no-frills at an affordable price.

We just returned from a 5 night stay at Aventura. It is our second time staying at the hotel. We all really enjoyed it!!!

We did a split stay at Portofino(3 nights)so we would have express pass for a few days. We all(2 adults and 2 teenagers)decided that we will just stay at Aventura next time. Even though Portofino is beautiful we did not think we really needed express pass since we were in the parks for so many days.

Aventura is very clean and I love that the rooms do not have carpet. I personally do not care about theming in hotels so the simplistic modern finishes work just fine for me. We had a fantastic view in one of the deluxe rooms and even watched the Disney fireworks from our bed one night.

The wok bowls in the food court are great for $18.00 and the location of the hotel is perfect. We walked to Saphire to take the boats to get to the park and we also used the Saphire pool 2 afternoons.

If you are looking for an inexpensive option, I think Aventura is a great choice!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter