Unlimited food

I SO agree with this! There is only one problem with expanding their pallets in this no-risk environment...

SUCCESS. I got my sons into Sushi and Salmon and such at a young age, and now that they are teenagers, it is bankrupting me. LOL. But I'm glad they enjoy a wide variety of things.

Then you get weird kids like mine, who now eat sushi and liverwurst, but wont eat tomatoes or mac and cheese

I can see tomatoes but I thought all kids liked Mac and cheese
I didn't.

I eat it now, but its definitely not my comfort food.

My husband loves the good stuff. I made homemade last month and my son cried real tears because it wasn't the kind from the box.

I can see tomatoes but I thought all kids liked Mac and cheese
I didn't.

I eat it now, but its definitely not my comfort food.

My husband loves the good stuff. I made homemade last month and my son cried real tears because it wasn't the kind from the box.

as a kid I didn't hate the boxed stuff, but I've never had homemade that I like, which is crazy because I like most foods and I love melted cheese.

I don't find that too weird. Unless you're eating that together...

yes that would be a problem.. :crazy2:

We have a rule in our house that nothing is to be called "gross" (Don't yuck other people's yum's) especially because it's a subjective idea, However we take exception on liverwurst, we all like it actually, but we also all acknowledge that it is objectively disgusting.

We have a rule in our house that nothing is to be called "gross" (Don't yuck other people's yum's) especially because it's a subjective idea, However we take exception on liverwurst, we all like it actually, but we also all acknowledge that it is objectively disgusting.
About half the stuff I eat at dim sum would be considered disgusting to many, so I'm not really one to judge.

I happen to like wipes better than sanitizer as I don’t really like the feel of hand sanitizer but ymmv. I’ll still use whatever option is presented though.

One of the chemicals in hand sanitizers creates asthma issues for me. The wipes are a little better but can create breathing problems for me. I was so happy when they brought in the washing stations outside of Cabanas. I am a fanatic about washing my hands but always feel guilty when I hesitate taking a wipe. I always take them but also make sure I have my rescuer with me...just in case.

Room service is 24 hours except for your last night of your stay. We always order warm cookies and milk the last night right before the kids go to bed! The entire DCL experience is amazing!!!

OH WOW I had no idea an MDR was available for lunch too. We had just gone to Cabanas. I'll have to try that this next cruise as I couldn't find many things I could eat - tomatoes seem to be in everything in seemed and have an intolerance.

We did do 2 breakfasts as we did the MDR (Royal Table), found the food quite small and service was lacking so could not order something else to leave and head over to Enchanted Garden

Keep in mind that food items on the pubs or adult venues are not included and there would be a charge. That said, there is typically a small buffet set up late night on these that is free.

Also, desserts or pastries at Cove Cafe (or coffee bars) is free, but not the drinks served. Ice cream is free on the machine (while it's open - i believe it doesn't open until 11am on most ships) but not on the specialty bars.

Oh, you can get all the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars (ears) you want - either via room service or even on the main dining halls.

Ancillary question - how about grab-n-go from Cabanas in the morning, or for that matter the MDRs? If we wanted to bring a yogurt, cereal, or piece of fruit along with us when we get off the boat for an excursion or midnight snack, would that be alright? What about coffee or tea?

Mark

Supposedly you are not allowed to bring any food or drinks off the ship.

In any case, all food in Castaway Cay is included as well as soft drinks from the self-serve fountains. If you get off Nassau, get a good breakfast in Cabanas, or come back for lunch :)

You absolutely cannot bring fruit or dairy off the ship. The fully-sealed cereal would be okay. Chips from the QS would also be okay.

I recommend bringing along some fully-sealed snack items. Fruit snacks, trail mix, granola bars all work well and are a-okay.

Supposedly you are not allowed to bring any food or drinks off the ship.

In any case, all food in Castaway Cay is included as well as soft drinks from the self-serve fountains. If you get off Nassau, get a good breakfast in Cabanas, or come back for lunch :)

ohhhm what about taking food off or on the ship to Castaway Cay? not that one would need to

And if you try to take something off that is prohibited, you could be heavily fined, saw it happen in Cozumel. Disney has signs when you get off the ship that state what you can't take off, it will be in the personal navigator, and the cruise director will make announcements, so really no excuse about not knowing once you're on the ship.

Keep in mind that food items on the pubs or adult venues are not included and there would be a charge. That said, there is typically a small buffet set up late night on these that is free.

Also, desserts or pastries at Cove Cafe (or coffee bars) is free, but not the drinks served. Ice cream is free on the machine (while it's open - i believe it doesn't open until 11am on most ships) but not on the specialty bars.

Oh, you can get all the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars (ears) you want - either via room service or even on the main dining halls.

Is there a sign/menu that clearly shows what items will be charged at locations that do? It would be kind of hard to keep track of what's included at where for newbies like me!

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter