UnOfficial March 2012 Trip Planners Tread-DIS Meet 3/8 Info Pg 1

We leave tomorrow night.. and I can't believe it! All the waiting and WDW is right around the corner!! It will be such a relief to be at CSR! Hoping for no (or little) traffic on the way down :hippie:

We leave tomorrow night.. and I can't believe it! All the waiting and WDW is right around the corner!! It will be such a relief to be at CSR! Hoping for no (or little) traffic on the way down :hippie:

Have a safe and magical trip! :banana:

:cool1: I'm right behind you!! Packing this weekend and arriving on Monday....I'm getting excited but have soooooo many things to do before we leave.:scared1:

Hope your drive is uneventful---travel safe!

:cool1: I'm right behind you!! Packing this weekend and arriving on Monday....I'm getting excited but have soooooo many things to do before we leave.:scared1:

Hope your drive is uneventful---travel safe!

Thank you! It will be my first real road trip. My best friend has driven down with his family in the past. I think it's a good thing that one of us is familiar with the drive. Very excited to see the east coast, even if it's just on the highway. We will be making more stops on the way back (Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Atlantic City). :goodvibes

My trip report......

We were in WDW from 3/3 to 3/9 and stayed at CBR. Our flight from Boston to MCO was kind of turbulent and of course Gabe slept the entire way :/ as I sat there and tried to stay calm. We got lost trying to find ME they ned to make better signage for that! Bored the ME right away and got to CBR. We were told it was at 100% capacity! Our hotel room was terrible and I'm not a complainer but to make a long story short the AC was busted and we couldn't breathe or sleep so on day 2 I went down to customs house and got a new room and a $100 credit for the inconvenience.*

I found the parks to be very busy. We only did MK once because it was always mobbed!! Missed space mountain :(*
I feel like we lived in Epcot, we did test track a ton, trick is single riders line. We even ended up in the same car once which they insisted we wouldn't at the gate. We wouldn't have cared either way. Did soarin' 3 times. Loved the butterfly house :) I drank a ton of watermelon soda at club cool lol yummmm.*
We hit AK three times. Hit everest twice. Kali once, safari once. Loved flame tree BBQ yum yum.
Did HS once. Fast pass for RRC. Gabe did TOT solo the "20 min wait" was really an hour! I wandered around, shopped, called my mom and sun bathed in the meantime. The star wars ride made me sick, I had to close my eyes for 90% of it. Seriously thought I'd puke.

On to the food......oh the food!!!! Ohana dinner was insanely good. The shrimp were to die for. Chef Julie gave me a gluten free lava cake for dessert. Hit them up for breakfast too, it was wonderful.
Le Cellier is overrated. I opted for fish instead of filet and was soooooo disappointed. It was better presignature makeover.
Narcoossees was INCREDIBLE. The filet with lobster tail was hands down best meal of the trip. Dessert was a gluten free chocolate banana torte which was specially made for me ( after the dumb phone girl at special diets said that isn't done, I spoke to her manager I knew Disney bent over backwards for special dieters) i miss that torte, it made my life!
Kona cafe was great for breakfast and ok for dinner
Coral Reef is great for the atmosphere we had a tank seat, food is eh I'm from New England I know seafood! Dessert was great. Chocolate wave cake mmmm.*
California Grill, best view! We had a castle view table for our anniversary. Filet was nice but not mind blowing. *Dessert here was my least favorite, banana mousse meh. The caramelized bananas were great though.
Babycakes in DTD, I was very excited to try but was very disappointed in the cupcakes. They were super dense and had a funny after taste. Cookie was decent. There's a GF bakery/ cafe 20 mins from my house which is out of this world, kind of glad babycakes didn't work out after all.

All in all it was fun. We had great weather and food! We learned a few things: we will never do Disney transportation again! They are always packed, ended up standing a lot. Soooo renting a car next time. Never doing March again. November is way better for crowds. We're done with CBR its very run down and is in dire need over a thorough refurb! I stayed there in '06 for the first time and it was great, don't know what happened between then and now....Gabe and I probably won't return again until we have a child of our own. Or they open a ton of new rides. I love WDW but I'm bored for now. Next year we're going to either Aruba which I adore or Clearwater FL it depends how far I want to fly :) his parents have a friend who works for Westin/Sheraton and can get us a fabulous rate.

Oh, no engagement :( not totally surprised, he's not a public kind of guy, and I hate being the center of attention I'm bashful :)

My trip report......

We were in WDW from 3/3 to 3/9 and stayed at CBR. Our flight from Boston to MCO was kind of turbulent and of course Gabe slept the entire way :/ as I sat there and tried to stay calm. We got lost trying to find ME they ned to make better signage for that! Bored the ME right away and got to CBR. We were told it was at 100% capacity! Our hotel room was terrible and I'm not a complainer but to make a long story short the AC was busted and we couldn't breathe or sleep so on day 2 I went down to customs house and got a new room and a $100 credit for the inconvenience.*

I found the parks to be very busy. We only did MK once because it was always mobbed!! Missed space mountain :(*
I feel like we lived in Epcot, we did test track a ton, trick is single riders line. We even ended up in the same car once which they insisted we wouldn't at the gate. We wouldn't have cared either way. Did soarin' 3 times. Loved the butterfly house :) I drank a ton of watermelon soda at club cool lol yummmm.*
We hit AK three times. Hit everest twice. Kali once, safari once. Loved flame tree BBQ yum yum.
Did HS once. Fast pass for RRC. Gabe did TOT solo the "20 min wait" was really an hour! I wandered around, shopped, called my mom and sun bathed in the meantime. The star wars ride made me sick, I had to close my eyes for 90% of it. Seriously thought I'd puke.

On to the food......oh the food!!!! Ohana dinner was insanely good. The shrimp were to die for. Chef Julie gave me a gluten free lava cake for dessert. Hit them up for breakfast too, it was wonderful.
Le Cellier is overrated. I opted for fish instead of filet and was soooooo disappointed. It was better presignature makeover.
Narcoossees was INCREDIBLE. The filet with lobster tail was hands down best meal of the trip. Dessert was a gluten free chocolate banana torte which was specially made for me ( after the dumb phone girl at special diets said that isn't done, I spoke to her manager I knew Disney bent over backwards for special dieters) i miss that torte, it made my life!
Kona cafe was great for breakfast and ok for dinner
Coral Reef is great for the atmosphere we had a tank seat, food is eh I'm from New England I know seafood! Dessert was great. Chocolate wave cake mmmm.*
California Grill, best view! We had a castle view table for our anniversary. Filet was nice but not mind blowing. *Dessert here was my least favorite, banana mousse meh. The caramelized bananas were great though.
Babycakes in DTD, I was very excited to try but was very disappointed in the cupcakes. They were super dense and had a funny after taste. Cookie was decent. There's a GF bakery/ cafe 20 mins from my house which is out of this world, kind of glad babycakes didn't work out after all.

All in all it was fun. We had great weather and food! We learned a few things: we will never do Disney transportation again! They are always packed, ended up standing a lot. Soooo renting a car next time. Never doing March again. November is way better for crowds. We're done with CBR its very run down and is in dire need over a thorough refurb! I stayed there in '06 for the first time and it was great, don't know what happened between then and now....Gabe and I probably won't return again until we have a child of our own. Or they open a ton of new rides. I love WDW but I'm bored for now. Next year we're going to either Aruba which I adore or Clearwater FL it depends how far I want to fly :) his parents have a friend who works for Westin/Sheraton and can get us a fabulous rate.

Oh, no engagement :( not totally surprised, he's not a public kind of guy, and I hate being the center of attention I'm bashful :)

Thanks for the TR. We were there from the 4-9 and agree the weather was great. As of now I think we will be heading back next March. Sorry to hear you had a somewhat bad start to your trip at CBR. We flew on the 4th but had a somewhat turbulent flight down too :scared1:

So March is almost over. It seems so long ago that my family and I were driving to WDW, but it was only 3 1/2 weeks ago. Soon this thread will fall off into the wasteland of the Internet never to be seen or heard from again. I will miss seeing all of your posts, and I will miss planning my March 2012 trip with you guys. It seems like only yesterday I was obsessing over crowds and, weather, and everything else I couldnt control.

If I can impart some wisdom that we learned from this past trip. Plan what you can and leave room for spontaneity. That attitude worked like a charm for us this trip. Had we planned every minute we would have missed a ton of things we may have never seen otherwise.

If I can impart some wisdom that we learned from this past trip. Plan what you can and leave room for spontaneity. That attitude worked like a charm for us this trip. Had we planned every minute we would have missed a ton of things we may have never seen otherwise.

I totally agree with you on all counts.... you miss so much more when you're rushing from one place to another. It will all still be there when we return. We just got back a few weeks ago ourselves. :thumbsup2

Had a lovely stay at CSR. Kinda felt sorry for my friend who was texting the whole time and running from point A to point B instead of taking in all the surroundings. Took a visit to Wilderness Lodge and I will be booking a September trip there for my parents and I! :goodvibes

I too agree about all the planning from our first evening most of our plans flew out the window starting with our Cape May ADR that evening which we skipped, instead opting to to just get a pizza at BW. Pizza and sitting on the BW watching the higher Wishes over the YC as we ate. We skipped a few other ADR's and let spotanaity be our guide. We skipped going back to a park a couple of nights and enjoyed the pool and BW. I am doing way less planning for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter