Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

As Dr. Steve said - welcome! And I'm just glad to be here too.

Stay strong, stay positive, stay healthy!!
Brighter times are coming. I'm at the point where I look forward to yard work so I guess that's the silver lining. Nobody I know has been impacted beyond first world problems so I really consider myself blessed. This won't last forever. I'm glad to have a place to talk about the place I'd really like to be right now.

I almost forgot about this thread.

My gym has been closed for several weeks and I regularly use their sauna. I believe the studies about using them/it as an immunity builder. I have been "soaking" in a sauna for about 5+ years at ~3-4 times a week. Although it doesn't put a dent in my weight loss, I definitely do feel off if I haven't used it for a short period of time. Even when I go on cruises, I book the spa packages primarily to use their sauna.

So, I forged ahead and purchased a sauna on the very day our county/FL said no gyms to remain open. It's been about 2 weeks since I got it and I find myself using it about 4-5 times a week, but in a different routine. At our gym, I would go in for about 15-20 minutes at a time, then drink tons of water, shower, rest in the pool for about 5 minutes and then repeat 2-3 times (trying to oscillate my heart rate). Usually, I can handle about 40-45 minutes total using a 5-10 minute cool down period in their pool.

With my home sauna, I stay in it for 30-40 minutes straight through. The temperature is lower (~135-140° F), but my elevated heart rate is sustained longer.

A fringe benefit with my sauna is I get to watch T.V., but know my electric bill is going to skyrocket. Naturally, the gas savings and wear and tear on my car hopefully, partially offset that cost.

Just popping in to see if anyone knows a Barb Barnswarth? She made some rude comments on the livestream video Craig, Kylie, and Ryno did. Wasn't sure if she was a user here or just a random person. I've never seen her name before!

Talked to my husband about our eventual Disney World trip. We are planning hopefully for 2022. We started talking numbers. What does my husband say? "Where is the hotel where you see animals?" I show him Animal Kingdom Lodge. Husband, "Oh we should stay there." :faint: WHAT??!!! I showed him the price. Husband, "We still have time." :cool1: So looks like I am saving for our first trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!!!

Talked to my husband about our eventual Disney World trip. We are planning hopefully for 2022. We started talking numbers. What does my husband say? "Where is the hotel where you see animals?" I show him Animal Kingdom Lodge. Husband, "Oh we should stay there." :faint: WHAT??!!! I showed him the price. Husband, "We still have time." :cool1: So looks like I am saving for our first trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!!!
Totally, awesomely cool! SO happy for you! :dogdance:
And tell the hubby I said I'll let you keep him now. :)

I will! He has been amazing during this whole lock down. His former boss is a huge Disney fan and was talking up Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was shocked when he suggested it.

We loved our stays at AKL (have not stay there since DVC changed Jambo because of budget or deals at other ones). We like pool view (room was later converted to DVC studio) and standard was okay (close to lobby/view over the entrance).

We have a short list of what hope for a future trip...maybe this fall and if the dog is coming too. The timeline for dh was a possible 2020 fall to celebrate his milestone birthday next month. His heart/health is fine, but it is waiting for his chance to be converted from contractor to a full-time employee with some paid benefits which a timeline was 8 months to 2 years when he was hired in 2018. Next year, we might splurge on a trip to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

We loved our stays at AKL (have not stay there since DVC changed Jambo because of budget or deals at other ones). We like pool view (room was later converted to DVC studio) and standard was okay (close to lobby/view over the entrance).

We have a short list of what hope for a future trip...maybe this fall and if the dog is coming too. The timeline for dh was a possible 2020 fall to celebrate his milestone birthday next month. His heart/health is fine, but it is waiting for his chance to be converted from contractor to a full-time employee with some paid benefits which a timeline was 8 months to 2 years when he was hired in 2018. Next year, we might splurge on a trip to celebrate our 25th anniversary.
I hope you can have your big anniversary trip! The only time we have stayed on property anywhere was at Legoland. I was very surprised when my husband wanted to stay deluxe. I realized that by the time we go, all my kids might be Disney ADULTS!!!! :sad: Thankfully they like us, so they will want to hang out with us! LOL Animal Kingdom looks amazing!

AKL is amazing. I've been blessed to have stayed there twice - both times in Jambo House, once in DVC Jambo. Matter of fact - when I talk about winning the DVC contest a little more than 10 years ago, and getting 225 points a year for 3 years, to stay anywhere I wanted? That was to celebrate the building of Kidani! Anyway - have also had savannah views both times - NOTHING like it - NOTHING. AKL is actually one of my favorite properties, period, and when I was going annually, I always made it a point to get on property there (WL as well) at least once a visit to see the animals, have a meal, and just soak up the ambiance. It just always feels like "home" to me!

AKL is amazing. I've been blessed to have stayed there twice - both times in Jambo House, once in DVC Jambo. Matter of fact - when I talk about winning the DVC contest a little more than 10 years ago, and getting 225 points a year for 3 years, to stay anywhere I wanted? That was to celebrate the building of Kidani! Anyway - have also had savannah views both times - NOTHING like it - NOTHING. AKL is actually one of my favorite properties, period, and when I was going annually, I always made it a point to get on property there (WL as well) at least once a visit to see the animals, have a meal, and just soak up the ambiance. It just always feels like "home" to me!
I'm very excited. I know I have a 2 year wait, but I am contacting a Dreams agent next year to start getting ready!!! :cool1:

@NC Belle - Wow! Fantastic picture, thanx for sharing! I am, unfortuantely, in the wrong place in the State of New Jersey since my move this past December. I missed both recent flyover by the Blue Angels (GO NAVY!!!!!) and ThunderBirds, and the NJ National Guard. I was so disappointed. Of course - BOTH of them flew RIGHT over several places I used to live, and work! :( Still made me proud, and I LOVE to see this kind of stuff!! 🇺🇲

Here is hoping that y'all having a nice holiday weekend.

Last week, dh got laid so we spent it looking over health insurance policies to have in the between time (may be recall back if funding for it contractors is restored) plus he needed a rest this week. It was weird to have a call to let him know about his job 1 year and almost the time of his heart attack (he is doing well). We are preparing to move soon anyway since our lease is month to month in June so we are flexible to opportunities (hoping for a job with benefits).
Keeping fingers crossed!

We had a good early dinner with turkey burgers on pretzel buns and Nathan's french fries (low sodium plus good in the air fryer).

Here is hoping that y'all having a nice holiday weekend.

Last week, dh got laid so we spent it looking over health insurance policies to have in the between time (may be recall back if funding for it contractors is restored) plus he needed a rest this week. It was weird to have a call to let him know about his job 1 year and almost the time of his heart attack (he is doing well). We are preparing to move soon anyway since our lease is month to month in June so we are flexible to opportunities (hoping for a job with benefits).
Keeping fingers crossed!

We had a good early dinner with turkey burgers on pretzel buns and Nathan's french fries (low sodium plus good in the air fryer).
So sorry to hear. Hop;e he finds something - with good benefits - soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter