Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Thanks everyone :) My day was ok - I still had to be a mom and a Girl Scout leader :)

Okay I don't really have anything interesting to add to the discussion(as usual), but I just want to let everyone know how much I love Caramel Delite cookies(formerly known as Samoas). That is all.

I told you it wouldn't be anything interesting.

I just want to let everyone know how much I love Caramel Delite cookies(formerly known as Samoas). That is all.
Girl Scout cookies aren't quite as good since they switched bakeries. The reason for the 2 different names is that they used to use 2 bakeries. Now they are all made by one but it's not the one that made the better cookies IMO.

So there are two bakeries actually so in some parts of the country there are still Samoa's. Who gets what bakery doesn't seem to make any sense. We have the one that has the Caramel Delites, but a friend in Charlotte and GA have the other

So there are two bakeries actually so in some parts of the country there are still Samoa's. Who gets what bakery doesn't seem to make any sense. We have the one that has the Caramel Delites, but a friend in Charlotte and GA have the other
Ah yes. Your post refreshed my memory. It isn't that they went to one bakery. What happened is that the two councils in this area merged. Ours used the better bakery and the other used the one we don't like as much. After they merged, though, they stuck with the other bakery. So everything in this area now comes from there.

I'm a bad mom. I bought my son a Paw Patrol shirt. I can't seem to tell that kid no some times! :rolleyes1
Are you saying that just because it isn't Disney or is there something about Paw Patrol specifically? My daughter is 22 so I'm not current on today's kid shows. I do still miss watching Arthur, though. That was my favorite when she was young.

Are you saying that just because it isn't Disney or is there something about Paw Patrol specifically? My daughter is 22 so I'm not current on today's kid shows. I do still miss watching Arthur, though. That was my favorite when she was young.
It is because Paw Patrol is the stupidest show and he already has too many shirts. But alas, those big blue eyes of his kill me! He also had his first dental appointment and he did really good! Oh and he is my last so...:lmao:
I loved Arthur. I used to baby-sit a girl who loved Arthur. I even found myself watching it when I was at my house. :goodvibes

I only like my coffee in the AM and even then it's only 1 cup, max. But, today's AM was spent washing the car, polishing the rims with something called Mother's and then read that if the paste doesn't turn black to stop; only it didn't turn black at all after going through all 4 wheels.

Never made it to the gym (which typically results in sitting in a sauna through 3, 15-minutes sessions). Looked out at the lawn, but it is brown with the only green being the thieves (a.k.a. weeds). Wait, Florida is supposed to be eternally green (weed advertisement).

Watched at least 4 episodes of Bar Rescue and they all are the same; defeated ownership, staff uninspired, berate everyone, champion a few employees and reconciliation. Why do I find it so entertaining? Oh yeah...I lived that life in the technology sector.

My kid (who is 9) says Paw Patrol is for babies *L* Honestly some of the shows she watched when she was younger were not very entertaining.

Watched at least 4 episodes of Bar Rescue and they all are the same; defeated ownership, staff uninspired, berate everyone, champion a few employees and reconciliation. Why do I find it so entertaining?
A friend who used to work in the restaurant industry recently told us that the failure rate of those places after the shows air is sky high. Everything seems honky dory when the show wraps up but the place still has all of the same problems, the debt, and the new costs of paying for the renovations and new equipment done during the show. They're left with an even bigger hole to dig out of, even if they now have a shiny new place to work.

A friend who used to work in the restaurant industry recently told us that the failure rate of those places after the shows air is sky high. Everything seems honky dory when the show wraps up but the place still has all of the same problems, the debt, and the new costs of paying for the renovations and new equipment done during the show. They're left with an even bigger hole to dig out of, even if they now have a shiny new place to work.

Interesting. So if someone finds one of these financially distressed owner(s) and can obtain the business at a discount, with a fresh remodel, perhaps it can be a worthwhile investment? Not looking for an answer, but an investment angle.

Somewhat related, it's like when I watch Shark Tank and see the updates. I have yet to see one update where a Shark's funding has failed.

I have yet to see one update where a Shark's funding has failed.
Of course not.

"Reality" TV shows are edited to within an inch of their lives. They show you exactly what they want you to see. I'm not knocking them. They are entertaining for sure. I watch Bar Rescue and Shark Tank occasionally myself among others. I just know that they are highly scripted and crafted to entertain, not really show reality.

Same thing used to happen with families given remodeled houses on the show (the name escapes me at present) hosted by Ty Pennington, which is one of the reasons it went off air. I know several episodes took place in NJ, and were in the local news, sometimes even trying to fundraise or appeal tax decisions to help the families keep/stay int heir homes. Problem was - the families could not afford the "new" houses - the more expensive utilities and other operating costs, and the increased taxes once they got reassessed, etc. Created huge headaches than they were worth. Made me sad to hear/know that. :(

Same thing used to happen with families given remodeled houses on the show (the name escapes me at present) hosted by Ty Pennington, which is one of the reasons it went off air. I know several episodes took place in NJ, and were in the local news, sometimes even trying to fundraise or appeal tax decisions to help the families keep/stay int heir homes. Problem was - the families could not afford the "new" houses - the more expensive utilities and other operating costs, and the increased taxes once they got reassessed, etc. Created huge headaches than they were worth. Made me sad to hear/know that. :(

Yep...we had a restaurant right across from our "corn fields" where we lived. Even Gordon Ramsey, with all his star power, couldn't maintain/foresee his resurrection powers.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/food/index.ssf/2014/05/we_didnt_fail_says_bella_luna.html

My kids have been at theater day camp for the week. I am now eternally spoiled! The silence has been amazing! Back to homeschooling next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!