Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

It's feeling like fall here in WNC! My favorite season!

Wednesday is our fastpass day for our December trip - I have to be at work at 6 am so thankfully I have a TA who is going to make them for us.
It was nice out on our side of the state. Next week is the fair and we might go. Fireworks for 10 nights in a row and we might see the high ones from 2 of the bedrooms.

It was nice out on our side of the state. Next week is the fair and we might go. Fireworks for 10 nights in a row and we might see the high ones from 2 of the bedrooms.

It's turned a bit rainy here - but supposed to clear up some after today.

I'm just glad it's not 90 anymore!

I did not realize until tonight that dh's high school reunion was on Thanksgiving weekend. So, I might not go hang out with his mother since it is too late for our favorite kennel to book this close for a holiday.

We could drive...but, we dislike driving up on black Friday...too much traffic issues plus the dog sometimes gets sick in the car for some rides.

We made it!!!! We are staying at the Candy Cane Inn. It is really nice. I splurged and went premium. We get breakfast delivered and late check out!
@superme It just made me SO happy to read this, and "hear" the excitement (and relief) in your voice. ENJOY yourselves, thanx for the smile! :)

Well day one almost done. Came back to the hotel for a little break. Much more crowded than I was hoping for. Oh well. I just had to readjust my thinking. Waited in line for 75 mins for Smugglers Run. Was it worth it? Eh. Was it fun? Yes. Will I go on it again? Of course. Galaxy's Edge is well done., but needs more stuff!!!

Wanted to give everyone an update on my medicine situation...there is still a recall and I have been without my regular medicine for almost a week. I have gone back to my old regiment (pills and tums). I had a feeling like I had an elephant on my chest, but that is slowly going away. I no longer have ankles...I have cankles!!! Nothing seems to help that what so ever (the bad part is that my ankles were doing really well with not swelling and I had really skinny ankles the last two months).

I have contacted my local congressman to see if maybe we can get members of congress to push the FDA a little faster as what I have is considered a rare disease and this medicine was the only one on the market for it. I have heard back from his Washington Office, but they were moving it along to the district office that deals with those types of situations.

The only bonus to this whole thing is that I have a legitimate excuse to have ice cream or a milkshake every night. Having it at night seems to help me not wake up in a low with my face tingling.

Wanted to give everyone an update on my medicine situation...there is still a recall and I have been without my regular medicine for almost a week. I have gone back to my old regiment (pills and tums). I had a feeling like I had an elephant on my chest, but that is slowly going away. I no longer have ankles...I have cankles!!! Nothing seems to help that what so ever (the bad part is that my ankles were doing really well with not swelling and I had really skinny ankles the last two months).

I have contacted my local congressman to see if maybe we can get members of congress to push the FDA a little faster as what I have is considered a rare disease and this medicine was the only one on the market for it. I have heard back from his Washington Office, but they were moving it along to the district office that deals with those types of situations.

The only bonus to this whole thing is that I have a legitimate excuse to have ice cream or a milkshake every night. Having it at night seems to help me not wake up in a low with my face tingling.
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

@1Grumpy9 - Wish there was something I could do besides listen, care, and send healing light and gentle hugs your way. But consider that done!! I applaud you for trying to "activate" things too, as i'm sure some action would help not only you, but others as well. Good luck in your fight!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

@1Grumpy9 - Wish there was something I could do besides listen, care, and send healing light and gentle hugs your way. But consider that done!! I applaud you for trying to "activate" things too, as i'm sure some action would help not only you, but others as well. Good luck in your fight!!

Thanks!!! All everyone can do is advocate for themselves. Granted, I am not as bad as some in the community have been, but at least I know I am trying as much as possible to get a quicker solution.

I don't want to scare you, but DH had told our primary doctor (first and last appointment) about feeling chest pressure/pain plus the doctor had noted about his edema in the ankles...3 weeks later---heart attack plus emergency stent surgery. That primary doctor thought it was no big deal to wait a month (he told her after his week in the hospital that she was fired.

DH has now a case worker in our health insurance to get advice/help. He has manage his swelling through exercises, low sodium diet, and making sure that he is hydrated (water intake). The scale that we got tells if one is not having enough water or too much. He has to be concern if there is a rapid gain of 3-5 pounds in a week.

I have swelling in my ankles in certain areas due to injury plus diet choices. I wear support socks that go up to my knees and I get those from Amazon...sometimes with coupons. I have to so some exercises, elevate, and eating more low to no salt foods when possible. I got the most relief after going to sports medicine clinic and I have exercises that were suggested plus pt referral. I have been increase activities plus trying to be better on the water (not fond of city water). I always had some joint pain since I was a kid. I was watching the new series (Carol's Second Act) last night on CBS that used Rocky Mountain Spotted fever as the rare disease find--I had that as a kid and it may still be a factor in my health decades later plus genetics.

Last edited:
1Grumpy9, have you checked out the thyroid support thread/group (Coping and compassion board)? The people on there may be better in the advice.

I don't want to scare you, but DH had told our primary doctor (first and last appointment) about feeling chest pressure/pain plus the doctor had noted about his edema in the ankles...3 weeks later---heart attack plus emergency stent surgery. That primary doctor thought it was no big deal to wait a month (he told her after his week in the hospital that she was fired.

DH has now a case worker in our health insurance to get advice/help. He has manage his swelling through exercises, low sodium diet, and making sure that he is hydrated (water intake). The scale that we got tells if one is not having enough water or too much. He has to be concern if there is a rapid gain of 3-5 pounds in a week.

I have swelling in my ankles in certain areas due to injury plus diet choices. I wear support socks that go up to my knees and I get those from Amazon...sometimes with coupons. I have to so some exercises, elevate, and eating more low to no salt foods when possible. I got the most relief after going to sports medicine clinic and I have exercises that were suggested plus pt referral. I have been increase activities plus trying to be better on the water (not fond of city water). I always had some joint pain since I was a kid. I was watching the new series (Carol's Second Act) last night on CBS that used Rocky Mountain Spotted fever as the rare disease find--I had that as a kid and it may still be a factor in my health decades later plus genetics.

Edema is one side effect of this whole deal...My ankles were not swelling before last Monday. The feeling in my chest is gone and not it is almost constant heartburn. I have learned through the two different Natpara groups on Facebook that there are others that have had these issues (including constant heartburn). My body is detoxing from having a medicine in them for over 4 years and it wasn't like it a slow removal of the medicine, but it was an abrupt stop of the medicine.

I do plan on buying refillable mug (then dh will use it for his coffee at work like the mugs from 2004-2013 trips), a hat, and a shirt or 2.

I do have $25 birthday membership reward from Landry so I could do Rainforest or T-Rex, or Yak and Yeti. I am sensing maybe ordering from some bars/lounges.
I am thinking some kids meals too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!