Unpopular foods you love

I would've said brussel sprouts, but they've had a bit of a renaissance as of late. And rightfully so.

I agree - I love them roasted!

Olives...any kind or colour.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

So many of mine have already been listed, but I'll add Miracle Whip. Seems to be one people either love or hate. I think it just depends on what you grew up eating, and this was always in the house, not mayonnaise.

I've noticed that too! I grew up with Miracle Whip, DH with mayonnaise, and now we both eat either.

I'm jealous of the people with good gyros and Indian food in your areas. Here there's maybe four middle eastern places and two Indian places I know of. For a big city that's a lacking selection. We have about 50 sports bars. Darn you southern Ohio! *Shakes fist*

We have some great Indian in Cincy! When you come down to Kmart ;) come hit one! Lots of debate amongst the locals which one is the best, Guru and Baba are mine. But Ambar usually get the win.

We have some great Indian in Cincy! When you come down to Kmart ;) come hit one! Lots of debate amongst the locals which one is the best, Guru and Baba are mine. But Ambar usually get the win.

*Writes down all the names to try* I'll get an egg curry in each to compare!

Unpopular foods? Or foods that some people don't like and they are VERY vocal about it?
Liver and onions. But it is the top selling entree at two family style restaurants near my home, so it clearly is popular.
Our household loves it; prepared by me, a very specific way with bacon and onions. I'm pretty sure I've never ordered it in a restaurant; I wouldn't trust anybody else to cook it just right.
I don't get it. If I believed the internet/movies/tv shows then everyone hates Hawaiian or pineapple pizza. But in real life, everyone I know loves it or would at least eat it. No one actually hates it.
Maybe sort of like White Zinfandel? It's been one of the most commonly sold wines in North America for 30 years but nobody (except me, apparently) actually drinks it. :laughing:

Last edited:
Pickled onions. I could eat a jar in one sitting.

love that panera has them to put on their sandwiches-always add onions there no matter what sandwich just so i can enjoy them.

Mary Kitchens Corned beef hash in a can and Brussels sprouts, though not together.

both are always on hand at my house. eat brussel sprouts (frozen) at least twice a week, hash i try to limit due to the calories.

Mine would be black licorice (and by extension black jelly beans)

LOVE IT!!!!

enjoy it in soup as well as salads.

mustard and onion sandwiches.

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc i don't care for but my late father (gone 39 years this week) ate them regularly-i've never encountered anyone who has heard of one let alone eaten one (he also did a cold salad variation using mustard, onions and cold mashed potatoes).

I love sauerkraut. Mmmm.

always on the shelf-a necessity if cooking corned beef b/c of reubens w/leftovers.

mustard greens

mustard, collards-all kinds of greens.

other stuff i regularly eat that others seem not fond of-

beets (eat daily if not twice daily)
lamb (stew, kabob, roasted leg, chops...)
veal (first choice if offered at a restaurant).

Brussels sprouts (but not Brussel sprouts)
Sauerkraut
Miracle Whip
Herring and Onions in Sour Cream
Cabbage sauteed in Butter

I don't get it. If I believed the internet/movies/tv shows then everyone hates Hawaiian or pineapple pizza. But in real life, everyone I know loves it or would at least eat it. No one actually hates it.

I HATE it. Will absolutely no eat it. I love sweet and savory combos but this one is not on my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter