Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

Just poking around on some other cruise line websites I see rccl has updated info thru 10/22 and ccl only info for San Juan.
Guess dcl isn't *too far behind.

On the Nov. 4th Eastern and just received cruise documents today. Obviously Eastern itinerary and all excursions and activities still listed as originally booked.
Just have to wait it out as we are not rebooking as we celebrating our tenth anniversary onboard. Besides our work vacation blocks cannot be changed.

The other frustrating thing is that we are due to be in port with over 16,600 other cruise passengers at Grand Cayman.

Which date/cruise will be in port at GC with approx 17k other passengers? I hoping it's not the 10/07?

Y'all are somewhat chill about the changes. I have seen people on other boards basically melting down about not going to St. Thomas (uh). I'm fairly sure that if they were told ports were changing but port excursions weren't final, they'd be blowing up the phones.

Which date/cruise will be in port at GC with approx 17k other passengers? I hoping it's not the 10/07?
Nope, you only have about 8,000 or so. The Dec. 2nd Fantasy cruise gets over 16,660, so do several others. If you look up Grand Cayman Islands Port Schedule, you can see which ships are docked when. Dec. 5th is us, yeah, fun times...

Dumb question... can I use Disney gift cards to pay for Disney excursions?

You can, you just need to go to guest services and have them apply those cards to your account early on (you may be able to call ahead and add them also - I've never done it but others have mentioned it). If you wait they may auto charge to your CC on file when you hit a certain amount much as the resorts do.

You can, you just need to go to guest services and have them apply those cards to your account early on (you may be able to call ahead and add them also - I've never done it but others have mentioned it). If you wait they may auto charge to your CC on file when you hit a certain amount much as the resorts do.
So could I pay for the excursions on embarkation day with the GC? When do I actually get charged?

So could I pay for the excursions on embarkation day with the GC? When do I actually get charged?

You can - we just go to GS that first night when the line is shorter. On our bill at the end it showed the charge for the excursion the day we went on them on our last cruise.

Still nothing for the 10/21 sailing? Anyone on that one?

We are in that one and no news. Someone on our FB group said DCL told them they would tell us two weeks before our sail date. I hope they were wrong.

We are on 10/21, too. Someone in our Facebook group said she talked to a CM yesterday who said they are also looking at St Croix and Aruba, and could let us know as early as today. While that didn't happen, since it's so late in the and we've heard nothing.... maybe we won't have to wait until two weeks out. Hopeful thinking. I don't really care where we go, this is our first Disney cruise and my husband's and kids first cruise ever... I just want to know so I can get excited again.

We are on 10/21, too. Someone in our Facebook group said she talked to a CM yesterday who said they are also looking at St Croix and Aruba, and could let us know as early as today. While that didn't happen, since it's so late in the and we've heard nothing.... maybe we won't have to wait until two weeks out. Hopeful thinking. I don't really care where we go, this is our first Disney cruise and my husband's and kids first cruise ever... I just want to know so I can get excited again.

St Croix also got slammed from Maria. There was a 24 hour curfew in place through the weekend. They may have been looking there after Irma but I can't imagine it's an option now.

To add to the guessing since that's all we can do...
I read on another page someone who just got off the Fantasy said their server was told they'd be doing westerns for at least 5 more weeks.

Does anyone think DCL will use PR for those upcoming cruises? The 1st I believe is 12/1/17? Mine is Jan 14,2018
Used DL. Posed this question to my TA but no answer. I'm sure EVERYONE has questions etc and everyone is busy but I still can cancel my reservation and get my deposit back but only till Oct 14. And I always buy trip insurance but not till I pay in full. Just chatted with "insure my trip". If Disney changes embarkation port, my policy is not usable because they offered me an equal exchange.
Yes, as people have been saying, first world problems. I even have 3 room reservations that can be cancelled w/o penalty because of the uncertainty of who's damaged etc. Aaarrrghh!

Does anyone think DCL will use PR for those upcoming cruises? The 1st I believe is 12/1/17? Mine is Jan 14,2018
Used DL. Posed this question to my TA but no answer. I'm sure EVERYONE has questions etc and everyone is busy but I still can cancel my reservation and get my deposit back but only till Oct 14. And I always buy trip insurance but not till I pay in full. Just chatted with "insure my trip". If Disney changes embarkation port, my policy is not usable because they offered me an equal exchange.
Yes, as people have been saying, first world problems. I even have 3 room reservations that can be cancelled w/o penalty because of the uncertainty of who's damaged etc. Aaarrrghh!

Would they not cover the flight changes in that case?

I think if I were on your sailing I'd stick with it. Seems reasonable San Juan will be back in service. There is a ship unloading there tonight...though the one supposed to leave Wednesday is cancelled.

St Croix also got slammed from Maria. There was a 24 hour curfew in place through the weekend. They may have been looking there after Irma but I can't imagine it's an option now.

Rccl has rescheduled AoS to stop in st croix on 10/7 and 10/14 sailings. That's the updated itinerary.

I am booked on the 11/26 repo from NYC to San Juan. Hoping things will be ok for all the residents. I almost wish DCL would cancel the two repositioning cruises and take the ship down empty. It seems like the island is in just desperate need for the basics. I know it is two months away and I wouldn't be as concerned if it is just a port of call. I just worry about the hotels, transportation and the airport being safe and functional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter