Upcoming port/itinerary changes HERE

11/26 NY-SJ is now stopping in St. John's Antigua instead of Tortola. The 12/1 SJ-Miami now has an all aboard time of 7:00pm. As of right now, it is still stopping in Tortola, but DCL said we might do a day at sea instead of Tortola and that they'd let us know.

Any news on the Dec 30 Eastern itinerary? I can no longer find the header/page on DCLs site showing itinerary updates.

Any news on the Dec 30 Eastern itinerary? I can no longer find the header/page on DCLs site showing itinerary updates.

I’d call and see their thoughts. Of course, they aren’t going to know anything. Haha. Maybe they are hoping to be back on the regular route for the first of the year.

I woke up this morning to an email from DCL and thought they might have already changed the 2/18 Wonder. But no, just a drop in port taxes and fees which dropped the price a little.

Did you book through a TA, or direct? This is the first time I'm hearing about a drop in price on this cruise.... My TA has not mentioned anything...

So still no news on the December 30 cruise. I did try to call DCL but threw in the towel after 30 minutes on hold. While it may be that the islands will be ready for cruise ships, I do wonder if there will be changes to the excursions offered. (I would check but much of the site is down today.)

Has anyone else heard anything about eastern itinerary cruises from Dec 30 onwards?

Did you book through a TA, or direct? This is the first time I'm hearing about a drop in price on this cruise.... My TA has not mentioned anything...

I'd booked on my own.

It was minimal - less than $20. And it was only port taxes and fees.

Tortola has been dropped from the 12/1 SJ-Miami cruise. It's now a day at sea.

Just got an email from DCL in regards to our upcoming Eastern Caribbean cruise. Instead of Tortola we'll be visiting St. Maarten. Really bummed because we had booked an excursion with Aristocat Charters while in Tortola that we were super excited about. Guess that means we'll have to plan a time to come back

-Kelly

Forgot to add the date of our cruise- Sail date: February 24, 2018- Eastern Caribbean with Star Wars day at Sea.

Last edited:
Just got an email from DCL in regards to our upcoming Eastern Caribbean cruise. Instead of Tortola we'll be visiting St. Maarten. Really bummed because we had booked an excursion with Aristocat Charters while in Tortola that we were super excited about. Guess that means we'll have to plan a time to come back

-Kelly
I could have written almost the exact post! We are on the Jan 27 sailing. Really bummed because we chose this sailing for Tortola and Virgin Gorda and were so excited about the Aristocat charter. I'm already plotting how to get to Tortola someday :)
Off to research St. Maarten excursions...

This is the rest from the email sent about our 2/10/18 cruise.

We are looking forward to sailing with you and want to provide you with an update on your cruise itinerary.

As the British Virgin Islands continue to recover from the effects of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria, we have altered the itinerary for the Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean sailings through March to include Philipsburg, St. Maarten, instead of Tortola, British Virgin Islands. The revised itinerary is below.

Saturday Port Canaveral, Florida
Sunday Day at Sea
Monday Day at Sea
Tuesday Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Wednesday St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Thursday Day at Sea
Friday Castaway Cay, Bahamas
Saturday Port Canaveral, Florida

If you have pre-reserved Port Adventures in Tortola, they will automatically be removed from your cruise activities. Should you wish to explore Port Adventure opportunities in Philipsburg, St. Maarten, please visit the My Cruise Activities section of our website once your reservation is paid in full and within your Castaway Club level booking window. Pre-reserved services booking windows open based on the following schedule:
  • First Time Guests = 75 days prior to sail date
  • Silver Castaway = 90 days prior to sail date
  • Gold Castaway = 105 days prior to sail date
  • Platinum Castaway and Concierge Guests = 120 days prior to sail date

If you are within your pre-reserved services booking window, please visit the My Cruise Activities section of our website on or after Thursday, December 7, 2017. Modifications to your pre-arranged Cruise Activities and Port Adventures can be made online up to three days prior to your sailing.

Should you have any questions related to a future reservation, please contact your original booking agent or call us at 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to providing you with an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

I haven't received any emails, but I checked the itinerary after seeing everyone's posts and my March 10 Fantasy Eastern also now goes to St. Maarten instead of Tortola.

Thanks for posting that! We're scheduled to go to St. Maarten on the 2/18 Cruise, but had not heard anything... this indicates we're definitely going there!

I could have written almost the exact post! We are on the Jan 27 sailing. Really bummed because we chose this sailing for Tortola and Virgin Gorda and were so excited about the Aristocat charter. I'm already plotting how to get to Tortola someday :)
Off to research St. Maarten excursions...
Someone in another group said a Disney rep told her that Disney shore excursions will be available to start booking on dec 7th.

I haven't received any emails, but I checked the itinerary after seeing everyone's posts and my March 10 Fantasy Eastern also now goes to St. Maarten instead of Tortola.
We're on that one too. I didn't even know that while I was talking Tortola beaches with you yesterday!

We're on that one too. I didn't even know that while I was talking Tortola beaches with you yesterday!
Heh... and all that typing and researching for naught! Ah well. This will be a new experience, so that's good. Still, I was hoping (for the sake of the residents who rely on tourism) that things would be up and running on the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter