UPDATE: Christmas themed refillable mugs are available in some resorts!

I like the black lids! That’s the first photo/report I’ve seen with them. They only had the dark maroon color when we were there at Thanksgiving.

Yes, all we’ve seen up until today (and we’ve been onsite since Fri) is the maroon/brown/rusty red colored ones. They look rusty red to me; brown to DH, lol. We almost picked them up at AKL, but waited for our DP to activate. Glad we waited, these are very nice!

I wanted to add, the CMs said they are getting more shipments of the Christmas mugs in than the Halloween ones. For example, they had these (edit, not these black ones, but the red ones) in stock on Sat night/Sun morning, then got another shipment in this morning.

Last edited:
I wanted to add, the CMs said they are getting more shipments of the Christmas mugs in than the Halloween ones. For example, they had these in stock on Sat night/Sun morning, then got another shipment in this morning.

fingers are crossed we find them in stock in 10 days!

So some of the black lids have colored dots on them, so everyone in your party can get one and you can tell the difference.

So some of the black lids have colored dots on them, so everyone in your party can get one and you can tell the difference.
Very nice change! I wonder why they didn’t teakease like this to begin with? :confused3

So, this is going to sound silly, since I got mine a month ago when we were there and now we're home, but I'm so relieved I can just use my mug and put it in the dishwasher! With the scarcity of the Halloween mugs, I was worried that I might need to take the Christmas one back to reactivate on a future trip. Good to know the chances are good I'll be able to get a specialty mug if they do them again!

So, this is going to sound silly, since I got mine a month ago when we were there and now we're home, but I'm so relieved I can just use my mug and put it in the dishwasher! With the scarcity of the Halloween mugs, I was worried that I might need to take the Christmas one back to reactivate on a future trip. Good to know the chances are good I'll be able to get a specialty mug if they do them again!

Mugs can be reactivated?

Mugs can be reactivated?

Yes, but it costs the same as buying a new mug. And your chip has to be intact. So if you take it home and put in through the dishwasher or microwave, there's a good chance the chip won't work again. I was trying to keep my chip intact, just in case, and it was driving DH a bit nuts. Now I can just use the mug like my other old Disney mugs, which is kind of a relief.

Yes, but it costs the same as buying a new mug. And your chip has to be intact. So if you take it home and put in through the dishwasher or microwave, there's a good chance the chip won't work again. I was trying to keep my chip intact, just in case, and it was driving DH a bit nuts. Now I can just use the mug like my other old Disney mugs, which is kind of a relief.

That is good to know, thanks. We never were able to get our hands on the Halloween ones, so the mugs we always get went into the recycle bin. These are coming home with us.

We checked into POP late last night and saw a few with the maroon lids in the Everything Pop gift shop, but we didn’t get them. We waited until this morning because it was almost midnight and we just wanted to get to our room. However, this morning they had a ton of the black and maroon lid holiday cups. I still saw the Maroon lids at 8pm this evening, but the black lids appear to be sold out. Much better supply than the Halloween mugs. We never saw them out entire week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter