Upgrade on kid's ticket needed?

SoDakMinnie

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if anyone else has faced this since everyone else seems to be able to visit WDW more often than we can but this is my question:

We went to WDW in 1999 and bought 5 day park hopper passes. We still have 1 day remaining. My son was 7 at the time so we have a kids ticket for him. He is now a large 10 year old and I don't know if he will be able to use his pass since he is no longer the right age. Does anyone know if he can use it since it was originally purchased for him and is never supposed to expire?
Or do I need to somehow upgrade it to an adult ticket? We are planning a March 2002 trip and would like to use our passes.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

From what I have read the rule applies to the age of the child when the ticket was purchased so he should be ok for that last day. If your uncomfortable stop by guest relations and they will upgrade the ticket to an adult at a pro-rated cost. My sil had a similar situation with my neice who turned from 9-10 during the period of her annual pass. In this instance the CM upgraded her pass to an adult with no cost to my sil. YMMV depending on the rules in place at the time and the CM's descrection. Worst case - you pay a pro rated difference and Best Case you get upgraded so good luck! Perhaps a few calls ahead would be in order?
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter