upgrade to annual pass

I upgraded one today I purchased about a month ago. It cost $10.60 extra to upgrade to a seasonal pass. I don't know if it makes a difference but I upgraded in the park after using it to get into the parks.

Hi Johde,

I'm going to check out how much to upgrade the same ticket during my December trip (going back again Feb. 6th) and thought why not check out Mardi Gras at Universal! Is it best to upgrade in the park? I am clueless as have never had a Universal AP or upgraded any Disney tickets to AP...or even thought about it, etc. I'm guessing my ticket upgrade will cost more since I purchased them in March 2016 from Undercover Tourist. Any tips or helpful information greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

The age of the tickets shouldn't matter. But the seasonal pass is blacked out to the USF on concert days in early December and Mardi gras. You can still go to IOA on those days. The power pass lifts those black outs. They both have black out days around Christmas and other extremely busy times. You may want to check the calendar for the dates your planning to go.

If only the first trip has problems with black out days. You can wait and upgrade on your last day. Just make sure you're in the park you want to finish the day.

Most people have had better luck upgrading inside the park. The Lin's are normally shorter there also.

I'm trying to figure this out today also, but was thinking we should get ~$11 back instead of paying ~$11. If someone could clarify, I'd really appreciate it!

In park, I thought we'd get $314 credit for a 2 park/3 day/P2P ticket. ($295 + tax, since in park tickets are $20 more than online.)

2 park seasonal pass with tax is $303.52. So, that's why I figured we should get some money back.

Since johde had to pay, do you think she got credit for the Universal online ticket price? Or maybe because the UT ticket is 1 day free, did she only get credit for 2 days? Or are the seasonal tickets $20 more in park? Or does it simply come down to the customer service person and I should just keep trying to find the one person that does the same math as me?

Thanks!

Thank you - this info is very helpful. It's all starting to make sense!! I will be VERY happy to pay $10+. Mannheim Steamrollers will be playing during our first day in the parks so we will upgrade (inside park) on the 2nd or 3rd day (Monday or Tuesday). I'm hoping we won't have a problem with Mardi Gras as we will be there Tuesday through Friday and believe the concerts are on the weekends only. If we should be lucky enough to go back as a family next December, I think we will run into a problem with the Mannheim Steamroller concert but I can always upgrade to the PowerPass, correct? It's a 50/50 if my kids will go again so don't want to do the PowerPass from the start.

One last question, what calendar are you referring to for the concert dates? I see the dates listed on the website but not concert dates so was having a problem trying to figure that one out in order to plan.

Thank you - this info is very helpful. It's all starting to make sense!! I will be VERY happy to pay $10+. Mannheim Steamrollers will be playing during our first day in the parks so we will upgrade (inside park) on the 2nd or 3rd day (Monday or Tuesday). I'm hoping we won't have a problem with Mardi Gras as we will be there Tuesday through Friday and believe the concerts are on the weekends only. If we should be lucky enough to go back as a family next December, I think we will run into a problem with the Mannheim Steamroller concert but I can always upgrade to the PowerPass, correct? It's a 50/50 if my kids will go again so don't want to do the PowerPass from the start.

One last question, what calendar are you referring to for the concert dates? I see the dates listed on the website but not concert dates so was having a problem trying to figure that one out in order to plan.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...idays-at-universal/index.html#holidays-at-usf

Click on the Universal Studios Florida tab.

I'm trying to figure this out today also, but was thinking we should get ~$11 back instead of paying ~$11. If someone could clarify, I'd really appreciate it!

In park, I thought we'd get $314 credit for a 2 park/3 day/P2P ticket. ($295 + tax, since in park tickets are $20 more than online.)

2 park seasonal pass with tax is $303.52. So, that's why I figured we should get some money back.

Since johde had to pay, do you think she got credit for the Universal online ticket price? Or maybe because the UT ticket is 1 day free, did she only get credit for 2 days? Or are the seasonal tickets $20 more in park? Or does it simply come down to the customer service person and I should just keep trying to find the one person that does the same math as me?

Thanks!
I'm interested in this as well. I need to buy 5 tickets to convert to annual passes :)

I'm getting 292.87 total, tax included for the 2 park/3 day/p2p adult ticket on Universal's site (so add an extra $20 at the gate + tax = ~314).

We need the 2 park Power Pass - so 367.42 after tax. I'm expecting to pay ~53 extra for each adult ticket.

Anyone had luck upgrading the UCT promo tickets 2 days + 2 days free? That would save me more :)

Universal is very easy to contact. If you email then and leave them your number, they will often call you right back. They have a 1-800 number as well, so you don't have to pay for customer service.

I'm sorry for sounding super dumb, but what's the advantage to buying multi-day park tickets first and then upgrading? If you know you want the annual passes, why not just buy them instead of buying the tickets and then upgrading?

I'm sorry for sounding super dumb, but what's the advantage to buying multi-day park tickets first and then upgrading? If you know you want the annual passes, why not just buy them instead of buying the tickets and then upgrading?

If you buy them at a discount seller, you end up spending less on the ticket and thus less on the upgrade.

What @damo said, which can add up when you are buying for a family. I'm getting 5 passes so even a $20 discount saves me $100 :)

In my case i am booking a package and that gets a $75 discount but comes with a 3 day 3 park ticket - so basically upgrading that saves me $75 on an annual pass
There are some disadvantages to booking a package - like cancellation rules - but I'm fine with that

BTW - has anyone upgraded at guest services in the hotel?
I'd expect that would be pretty simple

Just upgraded 2 day with extra day free. Pic of receipt
Oh, so they give you the value of the ticket pre tax on both and that is what you pay?

So people that paid the extra $20 at the gate aren't getting that credited towards it? It's looking like that would be $70 plus tax for us to upgrade the 2D+1 to a 2 park power pass. Ouch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter