Upgrade to preferred room at POP for $2.50 per night?

Vaughn4380

Mouseketeer
We have a late May trip booked with ten nights at POP. Originally we used the Sun and Fun offer to book a standard room, then we bought annual passes and now we can get a preferred room for $2.50 additional per night. I am thinking that is worth it? We have never stayed in a preferred room at a value resort so not sure what to expect (reading other posts while I type this).

You could if you wanted to. It would definitely guarantee that you would not be placed in the 80’s or 90’s section. But the standard rooms face the lake and that’s where I prefer to be, so I would always choose standard at Pop. Of course there is always a chance that I’d get a parking lot view too, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. I do find some of the preferred rooms a bit louder then standard. You’re more on the main pathway. That might be something to consider.

I would do it. We stayed in a preferred room in Pop last year and wound up in the 60's building. Just a hop, skip and a jump from the pool, laundry, shops and restaurant -- not to mention transportation. And when I say transportation I mean - close to your room at the end of a very long and hot park day!

I have stayed standard all trips to pop except once we had preferred pool view which was nice. I wouldn’t do preferred because I have always had excellent standard rooms that were close to transportation - 60’s lakeview and 50’s facing lake but super close to main building. And once in a room a very quick hop through the parking lot to the busses. It isn’t worth any extra money for preferred to me but $2.50 isn’t much per night so I guess you could if you want to be sure to have a pretty close to main building room

I would do it. We were put in preferred a few urs ago when we booked standard, and it made running back to the room from the main pool or getting a drink refill much more convenient. You could still make a request, some of the preferred rooms face the lake if I remember correctly.

I would do it. We were put in preferred a few urs ago when we booked standard, and it made running back to the room from the main pool or getting a drink refill much more convenient. You could still make a request, some of the preferred rooms face the lake if I remember correctly.

None of the preferred rooms face the lake. The rooms right by the bridge facing inward toward the courtyard in the 60’s section are very close to the bridge and near the lake, but they face the opposite building. All lake view rooms are standard at this time. But there is speculation that this could change once the Gondola is up and running. Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter