Upgrade?

b0m5jgr

Mouseketeer
Booked for a cruise on Disney Magic for November 2018, family stateroom with verandah (4b level) my question is it worth it to upgrade to Concierge Level for the same stateroom? Party of 4, 3 adults and 1 child (10 yrs. old). Thanks,,,,,

Hi, I'm very surprised that I haven't received any reply. I see quite a few people have read my message. Is there something wrong with the message?

You might not have any answers just because its such a personal decision on if its worth it or not. :) I've never done Concierge but I've been on the Magic in a family stateroom with veranda and loved it!

We love the Magic concierge and would do it any time we can. The lounge is a great place to meet and have pre dinner drinks and we always love to have a cabana on CC, so we would do it in a heart beat.

"Worth it" is indeed a personal decision. Advantages to the upgrade would be access to the Concierge lounge (which has food and beverages, including alcohol, at no additional cost) and access to the Concierge team before and during your cruise.

Before the cruise, you can have the onshore Concierge team book excursions and onboard activities for you so you don't need to do it yourself. You can also request a Cabana at Castaway Cay (which is difficult to get if you're not Concierge or Platinum) and a table just for your family at dinner.

Onboard, the Concierge team will take care of most tasks that would otherwise require a trip to Guest Services or elsewhere, such as booking beverage tastings, spa treatments, and shore excursions. They will also act as your advocate if any problems arise onboard. (For example, my son had a unpleasant experience in Edge a few years ago, and our Concierge host made sure we spoke with a manager about it and reached an equitable resolution.)

The downside to the upgrade would be cost. You need to decide whether the additional cost for Concierge service and lounge access would be worthwhile for your family. It wouldn't be for me. My family has booked Concierge once and upgraded at the port once, but our main purpose was getting a 1-bedroom stateroom. The perks were very nice, but not alone worth the cost for us. You may have a different opinion, especially if you were aiming for a Cabana.

"Worth it" is indeed a personal decision. Advantages to the upgrade would be access to the Concierge lounge (which has food and beverages, including alcohol, at no additional cost) and access to the Concierge team before and during your cruise.

Before the cruise, you can have the onshore Concierge team book excursions and onboard activities for you so you don't need to do it yourself. You can also request a Cabana at Castaway Cay (which is difficult to get if you're not Concierge or Platinum) and a table just for your family at dinner.

Onboard, the Concierge team will take care of most tasks that would otherwise require a trip to Guest Services or elsewhere, such as booking beverage tastings, spa treatments, and shore excursions. They will also act as your advocate if any problems arise onboard. (For example, my son had a unpleasant experience in Edge a few years ago, and our Concierge host made sure we spoke with a manager about it and reached an equitable resolution.)

The downside to the upgrade would be cost. You need to decide whether the additional cost for Concierge service and lounge access would be worthwhile for your family. It wouldn't be for me. My family has booked Concierge once and upgraded at the port once, but our main purpose was getting a 1-bedroom stateroom. The perks were very nice, but not alone worth the cost for us. You may have a different opinion, especially if you were aiming for a Cabana.

Also changing it to Concierge makes the deposit non-refundable. Just something to be aware of.

When in November? What would the price differential? What are you hoping to experience in concierge?

As mentioned in other responses, "worth it" is a subjective construct so knowing these things could better help me help you!

Would it be a move to a Cat V or a Cat T? A Cat V would be less of a price increase, and, with 3 adults, you might really enjoy having extra spaces to utilize. The move to a Cat T would certainly give you much more room in the cabin and the third adult would get a better bed. So part of my evaluation for myself would also be looking at how much time I really spend in the room.

Depends on the cost difference. I love Concierge and have sailed it 5 out of 7 cruises...but its still about the numbers to me.

Thanks again, to answer your questions, the price difference is $450, trip is Nov 10-17 2018, stateroom is family with verandah. My travel agent didn't explain to me about losing deposit which is now about $2000.

Thanks again, to answer your questions, the price difference is $450, trip is Nov 10-17 2018, stateroom is family with verandah. My travel agent didn't explain to me about losing deposit which is now about $2000.

I'd have a discussion with her (or him) then. Because concierge deposits are non-refundable. You might be able to transfer it to another reservation, but that doesn't always happen.

I have never cruised concierge, we have done 16 Disney cruises.
In my mind, I would rather take 2 (maybe more depending on sailing) different cruises in a regular cabin then just one concierge, but thats me.
If you want the experience, I say go for it!

Have fun!

That is a good deal for a move up to concierge, although only you can decide whether you'll use it enough for the $450 difference in price, I agree with PPs who have said it's a steal.

Once you're in a concierge level your deposit IS non-refundable but you can still move around your reservation, you just are essentially tied to taking a cruise is my understanding so if I were you I'd probably take the leap...but hey, it's not my $.

Hi, upgrade to concierge level family stateroom verandah category v room # 8584 I noticed that room is very near the aft stairs. Has anyone stayed in that room and heard people going up and down the stairs. Thanks

Hi, upgrade to concierge level family stateroom verandah category v room # 8584 I noticed that room is very near the aft stairs. Has anyone stayed in that room and heard people going up and down the stairs. Thanks

We stayed on 8084, which is very near the aft stairs on the other side of the ship, and had no problems with stairwell traffic noise. It was very convenient to go up to the beverage station or down to the dining rooms.

I agree that $450 for 4 people on a 7-night cruise is a great deal for concierge -- that's less than $20 per person per day. I would have expected at least $1000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter