Upgraded to Cabin 8586 HELP!

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
OK my DH just called with "great news" and said we'd been upgraded from our Cat 7 to this Cat 4 8586. I'm not so sure this is great news... I really like the Nav veranda and I'm not so sure about this location.

Has anyone stayed here and is it noisy? It looks to be directly below some "fun" on Deck 9 :confused:

We were in 8084 -- same location other side of the ship -- and I LOVED this location. I have read about the noise of being under the Mickey pool, but we never had any problem.

That was a great upgrade and you will love the full verandah -- and the extra space.

I also love being aft. We would just run up the steps for a quick breakfast tray and bring it back down. There is a small sets of stairs directly into Topsiders at the very back of the ship.

Hey Pugdog! Congrats on your upgrade! We will be right down the hall from you! I think the big veranda will be awesome!

We had 8586 in February on the Eastern. The location is great, just off the aft elevators, but around the corner enough, to not hear elevelator or stair noise. We did not hear any hallway noise either. This location is great to run up to the drink station to get a quick drink or something to eat etc.

That being said, I did hear chairs moving overhead in the early am when they were arranging the deck chairs, and or topsiders chairs. It woke me up, but my family slept through it just fine. I am a light sleeper when I travel, so it doesn't take much noise to wake me up. I also woke up the last morning when they had the forklifts going unloading the ship once it docked. However, that noise could be heard from any cabin on the starboard side anywhere near the aft of the ship, so that covers a great deal of the ship, and while it bothered me, I've never read anyone complaining about it, so It must be that I am really sensitive (ha ha)!!!

I wouldn't worry about the noise, even with the early morning chair arranging, I would book deck 8 again in a heartbeat. Very convienent to deck 9 activity and food!

Originally posted by jackdis
How did you get this upgrade?

I have no idea. This is my 3rd cruise but I booked a specific room this time (5632) not a guarantee... so I really don't know why we were selected. DH just said they called this morning. Maybe they pick names out of a hat? :p

The Dis'ers here have already determined we DO NOT have a full ship... so I'm not that surprised but so what if they have someone who wants to book a Cat 7 now... why wouldn't they just upgrade them?

I really don't know how it happened... but hope it's ok. :rolleyes: I really like Deck 5... oh well. They probably could have found someone more enthusiastic about it.
:o

Originally posted by Pugdog007
I have no idea. This is my 3rd cruise but I booked a specific room this time (5632) not a guarantee... so I really don't know why we were selected. DH just said they called this morning. Maybe they pick names out of a hat? :p

The Dis'ers here have already determined we DO NOT have a full ship... so I'm not that surprised but so what if they have someone who wants to book a Cat 7 now... why wouldn't they just upgrade them?

I really don't know how it happened... but hope it's ok. :rolleyes: I really like Deck 5... oh well. They probably could have found someone more enthusiastic about it.
:o

How many people are in your sailing party?

*Congratulations!!!*

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
How many people are in your sailing party?

*Congratulations!!!*

There are only 3 of us.

kajohn:

Is this veranda a metal one or the plexiglass? Is the room in good condition? Does the cooler get cold?

Ginger, I got upgraded to a Cat. 4 in December and was also concerned about the noise factor, having been in two noisy-from-above Cat. 3s. I needn't have worried, noise was not a problem at all. :) I think in your location you may hear a chair scrape or two from the buffet overhead but it looks like you're more underneath Scoops than anything else, and that should be pretty quiet.

Enjoy the added space of your Cat. 4! :)

Thanks WM. I feel a little more excited now with the responses I've received :)

Was your upgrade from a 7 or lower? Do you really notice the extra space? Is everything in the room the same as the higher cat, just a little more space right in front of the veranda door?

Thanks for the info... can't concentrate on work... ready to go. :jester:

Originally posted by Pugdog007
kajohn:

Is this veranda a metal one or the plexiglass? Is the room in good condition? Does the cooler get cold?

Yes the room was in excellent shape and it had the plexiglass verandah. The cooler was cold too, I had antibiotics to store for my 5 year old (ear infection the night before our flight, yuk!), and it kept the medicine cold just fine.

Have fun it was an excellent location!

Congrats on the upgrade!!! :) :) :) From what I understand, Disney's prices go higher as the cruise date approaches. If you booked early, they will make more money from taking the other person's reservation at their higher price now & moving you up. The new person probably couldn't afford the higher cabins. Maybe the earlier you book the better your chances of getting upgraded like this???

we were two doors down in December in 5130 (cat6) and every night I that treasure planet was playing I would hear the sound track while I tried to sleep! Enjoy your upgrade!!!

Does anyone know if people using points to pay for their cruise ever get upgraded?

Pugdog,
I am quite happy for you but I anm thoroughly jealous!!! We paid for a Cat 5 and we ar in a Cat...5.
So how do I get upgraded!!!!!!!!

LAura

Ginger, mine was from a 6 to a 4. It IS only a little extra space but every little bit helps. :) I liked the way the Cat. 4s have the extra trunk/dresser on the side of the desk next to the verandah, that was convenient for us. :)

As for how to get upgraded, that is solely at the discretion of DCL. No one really knows the factors involved, just that it is a fairly rare occurence and happens more often in non-peak seasons and when the ship has a demand for lower cabin levels (thus bumping those folks up to higher levels). There is no way to increase the likelihood of an upgrade, and if you get one just be happy you're one of the lucky ones. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter