Upgrading park tickets to AP before trip over the phone

Purchased the tickets on parksavers
Then, nope, you won't be able to upgrade until you get there.

If you had purchased directly from Disney or as part of a Disney package, you might have more options.

Purchased the tickets on parksavers
You do want to use the ticket you bought from parksavers to enter a park before upgrading.
That way you will get the current gate price of the ticket applied toward your upgrade. If you do not use the ticket before upgrading, Disney will only apply the price you actually paid toward the upgrade.

You do want to use the ticket you bought from parksavers to enter a park before upgrading.
That way you will get the current gate price of the ticket applied toward your upgrade. If you do not use the ticket before upgrading, Disney will only apply the price you actually paid toward the upgrade.
How would they know?

How would they know?
There have been reports of only being offered some strange amount; presumably the price that ParkSavers paid to Disney for the tickets. The process of bringing the tickets up to the current gate price should be part of the upgrade, and some CM's don't know how to process an upgrade correctly. Just be aware of how much you should pay for the upgrade and decline if the price doesn't come out correctly.

This used to be the case (that you hadn't to use it) but at some point between when cheshire_figment left the Dis (and then the planet) and ravenclawtrekkie started working in ticketing it changed.

They can bridge a totally unused ticket.

They can also ignore their training and show that they are bad at their job by NOT bridging the ticket, just as they could before. :)

So know the cost that it should be* and have the time to stop the transaction, take the tickets back, and try again later.

(*Current gate price of the ap you want minus current gate price of the ticket you have)

This used to be the case (that you hadn't to use it) but at some point between when cheshire_figment left the Dis (and then the planet) and ravenclawtrekkie started working in ticketing it changed.

They can bridge a totally unused ticket.

They can also ignore their training and show that they are bad at their job by NOT bridging the ticket, just as they could before. :)

So know the cost that it should be* and have the time to stop the transaction, take the tickets back, and try again later.

(*Current gate price of the ap you want minus current gate price of the ticket you have)
Thanks for setting me straight, I did not know this had changed.

Also a good point about knowing what the cost to upgrade should be. (be sure and include the tax)
The last time we did an upgrade to a AP (a few years ago) we did it at City Hall in the MK, after we had used the tickets to enter the park. We were upgrading tickets we had bought at a discount from undercover tourist, and the original upgrade cost we were given was based on the price we paid, so somehow they knew. I politely asked the CM to bridge the tickets, and try again. When they did that, the cost was what I was expecting

Last edited:
Does everyone in your party getting the annual pass upgrade need to be present? Just thinking ahead as I want to do this during an upcoming trip for my wife and I as well as our two daughters, but ideally they could go do something else and I could take care of the work at Guest Services. Thanks, Greg

Does everyone in your party getting the annual pass upgrade need to be present? Just thinking ahead as I want to do this during an upcoming trip for my wife and I as well as our two daughters, but ideally they could go do something else and I could take care of the work at Guest Services. Thanks, Greg
Yes, everyone (adults & children) are supposed to be present during the transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter