UPS shipping TO WDW

Disneydays

Earning My Ears
I plan on shipping various item to our WDW resort via UPS.
Has anyone ever done this?? And if so...what items have you/would you recommend shipping to coincide with your arrival??

Things I'm shipping...(encased in a styrofoam cooler):

gum
disposable cameras
snacks
hot pot
can opener
band aids
extra shoes
cigarettes
hair dryer
stamps
dd's favorite stuffed animal

Anything I forgot???

Anything that you would ship???

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Sorry, I haven't sent anything yet but here are just a few of the things that I plan on shipping that would fit into your cooler and might come in handy:

An extension cord, some clothes pins to hang up wet bathing suits, some laundry tablets and fabric softener sheets if you are going to do laundry and pre-addressed labels to go with the stamps!

Hi,

It never occured to me to ship extras in advance. What a great idea! Just a thought....I'd be hesitant to ship dd's favorite stuffed animal. Will she be able to sleep without it if it doesn't arrive on time? Or what if the package were to get lost? I'm just thinking about my kids...their vacation would be ruined knowing the "friends" were lost. Just a thought. :eek:

Just wondering if this is going to cost a bundle? Can I find the rates online some where.
since we are going greyhound i would love to ship a cooler like that or box with an extra outfit and few things in case the rest of the lugguge does not arrive in time

First...I would like to thank you all for your replies and suggestions about what else to ship prior to arrival!!

Thanks for the concern regarding my dd's favorite stuffed animal....she is now 10 and no longer sleeps with her "Puffy"...just thought it would be a very nice surprise for her to "meet up with him" at WDW....

As far as the shipping costs...you can go to www.ups.com

They will ask for some information and then you can get an idea if this will be feasible for you....the destination city that I used was Lake Buena Vista and the zip code I entered was 32830.

I entered hypothetical information based on dimensions of the box I may ship and "guess-timated" a 50# weight....no way will I ship anything that heavy...but wanted to get an estimate....for 50# shipping and 'land delivery'...the cost was around $23.....much better than hauling all of that "extra" stuff with us!!

I also intend to throw in sunscreen....etc.

If you only plan to ship a spare change of clothing or two..I think the price would be very reasonable if you are worried about being without your luggage for a bit of time....

Check it out...........Have a great day all!!!!!

Shipping items to your resort is more common than a person might think. I have learned about this practice since being part of this board. Many people also add duct tape in case there is a problem with luggage closures from the travel there. Many people aslo include water bottles which cost about $2.00 a bottle in the parks. The cooler then is filled w/ ice from the resort. Oh, also snack food and ziplock baggies. WDW cuisine dinners are a bit pricey, but they are also large. Many times you have leftovers and with a handy ziplock, you can have your very own doggy bag. (of course it depends on what it is) Good luck and for more info about this, go to search and put in shipping items to resorts. You'll get MANY threads to read about what others have sent and tips on how it went. Gerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter