Us reservation number

I wouldn't put my money on that with your track record.:rotfl2:

You were right not to put money on mate, just tried to link reservation to the number - it doesnt work, now theres a suprise, i give up. Im cancelling holiday and going in a caravan to butlins instead :rotfl2:

Why do they make this so complicated ?

I rang dsney.co.uk today and asked for my reservation number to make ADRs, she gave me an 8 digit one and assured me thats the one I needed. However of course when I went to the dining site it was the wrong one to retrieve my reservation !!:confused:

My question is-do you really need to link your ADRs with your hotel reservation ? I have signed in using my e mail address etc and can make reservations(tried a dummy one ) so cant I just do that and then show them my card to show Im on the dining plan ? :confused3

Only problem with this i think is that if its not linked to your booking you wont be able to book the +10 days in advance.

Why do they make this so complicated ?

I rang dsney.co.uk today and asked for my reservation number to make ADRs, she gave me an 8 digit one and assured me thats the one I needed. However of course when I went to the dining site it was the wrong one to retrieve my reservation !!:confused:

My question is-do you really need to link your ADRs with your hotel reservation ? I have signed in using my e mail address etc and can make reservations(tried a dummy one ) so cant I just do that and then show them my card to show Im on the dining plan ? :confused3

If you want to do your 1st 10 days reservations online 180 days out then yes you need it, the website will only allow you to book 1 day at a time without it.
If you are in no rush to book 180 days out then you can just use the website same as offsite diners and not link to your hotel.
Or you can ring at 180 days and the cast member will find it for you before taking your reservations but it can add upto 15-20 until they locate your US# before they start taking dining reservations (as I found out last year).

You were right not to put money on mate, just tried to link reservation to the number - it doesnt work, now theres a suprise, i give up. Im cancelling holiday and going in a caravan to butlins instead :rotfl2:
NO!!!! it must work

Thanks its just too complicated there must be an easier way !

Glad Im at work at 180 days so can make my husband deal with it, then Ill probably shout at him when he gets it wrong !:lmao:

Having been following this and similar threads re. the online reservation system over the last couple of weeks, I have realised something: there is a bigger chance than there should be of running into problems.

I have therefore (thanks to all of you) come up with a strategy. I will go on when my ADR day arrives and try and do them online. If I am having problems and cant get it sorted online by the time the phone lines open, I will phone.

I could not believe how anxious I was on behalf of everyone today - probably because it seems like there have just really been a few of the same people posting on here of late and we have obviously "bonded" ..... :lmao: I do not want to go through all that stress if I can avoid it as I will have DD at home (my day is Easter Monday). I still had the "errors" coming up on the page this afternoon when I tried doing a dummy run on the website so who knows.

I don't think it is particularly user friendly for a website which has such a large demand on it. I don't usually have trouble with things like this, but for some reason the Disney websites (both of them) seem to be full of glitches. Not good.

Well thanks to my northern travel agent Mr Wayne G i have finally got the us reservation number to work - so it looks like butlins will have to wait a while:rotfl2:

Thanks again Wayne your a legend, The first ten drinks when we tour epcot are on me mate :thumbsup2

Holy flip flops I am dreading Thursday. I bet my number won't work when I need it. Yes, it works now, but that is just to lull me into a false sense of security. :scared1:

Holy flip flops I am dreading Thursday. I bet my number won't work when I need it. Yes, it works now, but that is just to lull me into a false sense of security. :scared1:

you will be fine Kathryn - keep the faith. but just in case of any problems the online adr opens up an hour before the telephone one so just get the phone number ready just incase. We booked 21 days worth over the phone last year and its really easy, so even if you have problems with online im sure you will still get everything you want over the phone.:thumbsup2

At least US free dining isn't out yet so that should help. I will be at work and won't be trying till half four at the earliest -- -- nothing I can do about that but just another little stress to add to the mix... I appreciate the reassurance though, thanks.

At least US free dining isn't out yet so that should help. I will be at work and won't be trying till half four at the earliest -- -- nothing I can do about that but just another little stress to add to the mix... I appreciate the reassurance though, thanks.

Because i finally got mine to work i was playing about with it and i just tried to book le cellier, ohana and cali grill all for 7pm on the 1st of august - they are 3 of the most popular ones but i could get all 3 for 7pm, and its just gone 8 oclock so i think you should still be ok if your doing it at half four :thumbsup2. We can't do our first adr until 13th feb, apparently free dining for usa starts the day we check in 12th august so it might not be so easy for us to get what we want.

Well thanks to my northern travel agent Mr Wayne G i have finally got the us reservation number to work - so it looks like butlins will have to wait a while:rotfl2:

Thanks again Wayne your a legend, The first ten drinks when we tour epcot are on me mate :thumbsup2

If I drunk 10 drinks I would be crawling around Epcot. :rotfl2:
Just glad we have you ready for ADR day.

Dont worry mate Nige,Matt and me can carry you back to okw:rotfl2:

It would take more than you 2 to carry me :rotfl2:

Just had a look at the free dining offer that was made to US travellers, it was from the 15th August not 12th and it is only the Quick service so far and not on general release yet only by PIN code email
thread about it here. Only read 1st 2 pages but if thats all it is then it won't affect us. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2376666&highlight=free+dining&page=2

It would take more than you 2 to carry me :rotfl2:
Im sure Sue and Wendy would grab a leg each :rotfl2:

Just had a look at the free dining offer that was made to US travellers, it was from the 15th August not 12th and it is only the Quick service so far and not on general release yet only by PIN code email
thread about it here. Only read 1st 2 pages but if thats all it is then it won't affect us. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2376666&highlight=free+dining&page=2

Thats good news mate - means i should be ok for getting Cali Grill:thumbsup2

Again, very reassuring! I regularly check the 4th July and you can still get most things which surprises me!! (everyone needs a hobby don't they?!)

Anyway, I think the return to 180 days is really helping us as I remember the mayhem last year!

If I drunk 10 drinks I would be crawling around Epcot. :rotfl2:

I made do with hunting down Noel Edmonds, then getting EVERY SINGLE PERSON we met on the way to the exit to pose for a photo with us, before hopping on a bus to Saratoga Springs and paddling in their pool.

Obviously by that point I was thirsty again so had to hit Raglan Road...

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter