USAir passengers.....

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
I just heard on CNN radio that USAir will be cutting back it's flight schedule due to the war. I don't know specifically what or if this even applies to WDW travel but just figured I should pass it along.

MSNBC also reported that Delta would decrease flights by 12% with most cuts coming from international and domestic flights that have several route departues a day. The news said that Delta's announcement would be today. Threehearts

I was worried about that too! We booked 11 months ahead for our trip in May and already our fllights have been changed 3 times. It hasn't been a big deal though because the departure and arrival times have only varied by less than 30 minutes. I wa worried when I heard about that, but as long a our times stay close to what we planned I'll be OK with it. I checked the link above, and it sounds like it only affctes Pittsburg , which makes sense because it is one of USAir's hubs. We're flying from Providence with layovers each way in Philadelphia, so I think/hope we're OK.

To be honest I don't trust airlines when I book that far ahead. Even in good economic times, the schedules always change. So, every couple of months I call to check. I was particularly concerned this time because there are 4 of us and we booked with 2 frequent flyer tix and paid for two seats, so 2 difference reservations and at the very least I wanted to be sure they kept us on the same flights. The last time I called I expressed concern that the flights had changed twice and nobody bothered to notify us, and the reservations employee admitted that they should have. The last time we got a letter in the mail (actually 2 - one for each reservation) and all I had to do was verify that we were on the same flights and that the times were not vastly different.

Well it seems that Delta's cuts have started way before their announcement. We had to cancel our plans unfortuately - they made so many changes and the options were just not good for us.

United just changed our flights to Maui for the third time yesterday. If we weren't using miles for tickets, we'd cancel. We're going ahead because we are fearful that United may have to liquidate their assets(news reports- Bloomberg) by June and we don't want to lose our FF miles altogether. I'm just hoping that the airlines get another bailout. Threehearts

Originally posted by melissamomof2
We are flying out of PIT May 9th and returning the 17th....

Melissa

They are supposed to be on their website by tomorrow (Sunday). However, this only currently affects April 2 to May 3 and only Tuesday & Wednesday flights from Pittsburgh.

We're flying out of PIT on May 9th too! 2:35 flight - which one are you on?

We are on the late flight...9:40PM. Our reservations at the resort are the 10th-17th, but we decided to fly out late on the 9th(can't waste a Day!! LOL) I found us a cheap rate at the Amerisuites right by the airport.......

Let's hope our flights are not changed!!!

How long are you staying? We are staying at the Liki Tiki with our time share.

Melissa

Melissa,

We're returning the following Friday, May 16 on the 2:40 flight. Staying at Old Key West (DVC members).

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter