Using Amex points to book car rental

denise33

Earning My Ears
We have enough points to cover us for a week's midsize rental- Can i also use other discounts with my reward points? For instance last yr I used a coupon from Costco and got a free upgrade - has anyone ever used other discounts with Amex reward points??
THANKS!! will be booking car next week!

I was also thinking of doing the same thing. But I wasn't sure at this point which car rental place at MCO I was going to use because our trip to WDW is the end of August. So I decided I would cash in our points for American Express travelers checks (haven't done it yet). This way I can use them at any rental company, or anywhere else for that matter. Another issue is that I have been told they charge you "full price" when you use car rental certificates. In otherwords, you can't book online, you must call to make a reservation. I haven't try it so I'm not sure if this is true. Let me know if you find out anything different. It's a great way to save, especially if they let you combine a discount with the certificates. There will probably be some deals come August so I didn't want to be stuck with one choice for renting right now.

RobinLyn:cool:

I used Amex certificates 3 or 4 times. I could not add discounts in when using them. The rack rates are super high!

Figured - I'm thinking these reward points are not that great - we could get 2% cash rebates with other cards - the Gold card points system stinks since we have to pay yearly to even have them!!! I'll let you know what "deal" I get - when I use these points up I'll probably end my "rewards"!!
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter