• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Emerald Reserve at LAX

Dopey & Grumpy

<font color=006699>Empty Nesters enjoying WDW -
Hi - we've never flown into LAX before and are renting a car from National Emerald Reserve. We've flown a number of times into MCO and it's very easy to get to the rental lot. What's the process for getting the car at LAX? I've checked the LAX web site and they indicated something about a car shuttle. Does this shuttle take you to the lot and then you pick out your car? How easy is it to get out of LAX to head to Anaheim?

We originally wanted to fly into SNA but the savings of flying into LAX made our decision for us and my DH is very nervous. We won't be arriving until 9:00 pm so it makes him even more nervous to be driving at night in unfamiliar territory. Is there an easy way to get to Anaheim from LAX?

Thanks for any help you can give us. In case this is too much information to read, my questions are:

1) How easy is it to get from Delta hub 5 to the National Emerald Reserve lot?

2) What's the best way to get from LAX to Anaheim (Ketalla Ave.)?

Sue

I am using a rental car company that's not "in the terminal" as well and what I did was call the rental car place and if it's a place where they just do the reservation etc, ask them for phone number to the local company that you will be using near LAX.
Call them and ask them what to do when you arrive at the airport. (SAVE THEIR LOCAL NUMBER so if you can't find the shuttle or anything you can call them when you arrive at the airport) Ask them their local address then you can use mapquest or something like that to get directions from their rental lot straight to your hotel. You can also get reverse directions to get back as well.
Hope this helps.

Dopey & Grumpy said:
What's the best way to get from LAX to Anaheim (Ketalla Ave.)?

Sue

I take the 405 south all the way to the 5 and go north to Katella exit and go west to your hotel,a 35-45 min drive.

DisneySlave said:
I take the 405 south all the way to the 5 and go north to Katella exit and go west to your hotel,a 35-45 min drive.

Thank you. That sure sounds easier than the directions I got on Mapquest...

Also, thanks to the other replies. I've looked at the web sites and, hopefully, we won't have any problems getting our car.

Disneyslave gave the easiest route, I think, but this is the fastest route:

105 East
605 South (for about a mile)
91 East (get in carpool lane & stay there)
5 South (stay in carpool lane)
Get off on Disneyland drive.

405 to the 5 goes in an arc and takes you south of Disneyland, so you'll be backtracking to get to the Anaheim area

Another route:

405 South
22 East
5 North

Thanks for all your replies. Is there somewhere I can download a street map of Los Angeles? We're no longer members of AAA so that's not an option. I was just wondering if there's anything on the net I could download. Anyone know?

Thanks again
Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter