Using points for 6 nights and renting points for a 7th.

3kidz4dis

DIS Veteran
Are these reservations able to be combined so that we do not have to change rooms? Just have my thinking cap on and trying to run through different scenerios as we are short points for 1 night

Are these reservations able to be combined so that we do not have to change rooms? Just have my thinking cap on and trying to run through different scenerios as we are short points for 1 night
I'm not sure given your scenario (reservations through different memberships), but you can purchase up to 24 one time use points from DVC at 7 months. Would this give you enough points for the room?

I'm not sure given your scenario (reservations through different memberships), but you can purchase up to 24 one time use points from DVC at 7 months. Would this give you enough points for the room?
I wish...we are short 25 points (crazy I know)..so close but yet so far

They can't be merged into one reservation/one confirmation number, but you can chat/email/call MS, give them both confirmation numbers, and ask for a "continuing stay" notice to be placed on them. That lets the room assigners know, and they'll try to keep you in the same room because it saves on housekeeping costs. When you arrive for the first reservation, check with the front desk to confirm you're booked in the same room for that last night - if you're not, that's when they'll have best chance to fix it. Enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
We do this all the time with rooms booked on my different membership. While they tell you thst can’t guarantee you won’t have to move, we never have, and as shared, they don’t want you to.

Jusr be sure you and the other owner note it on the reservation.

Could you maybe find someone willing to transfer points to you & use the transferred points to book all 7 nights?

We recently had a stay where I used both my memberships to piece the trip together. While they couldn't be merged, we were able to stay in the same room without moving since they were the same category. I called and had it noted, but then checked with the front desk when we got there, and we had zero issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter