Using QS credits and snack credits

Claire&TheBoys

The Queen of the Castle!
I'm debating adding the QSDP to our upcoming trip. I've done the math and I think it would be about a break-even proposition, but would add flexibility to letting my older son eat whatever he wants (he's 15 and has the proverbial teenage-boy appetite). I have a couple of questions, as it's been a few years since we have used any of the dining plans.

I've been reading good things about D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs, and it's listed as being a QS location on the plans. What do you get with your QS credit? Just the burger, or do you get fries with it? Fries are listed separately on the menu and it wasn't clear whether you order them separately (like at 5 Guys).

We have a lunch ADR for Be Our Guest, and I would order 4 QS meals, but probably also redeem a couple of snack credits for the French onion soup, and a cupcake or two. Can you do that on one transaction or do you make two separate orders? Is it possible to order the meals in advance and the snacks on arrival?

I know these are picky questions, but they are ones that are likely to come up should we decide to pay for the QSDP and I like to know the answer before my family asks. :)

Thanks!

I've been reading good things about D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs, and it's listed as being a QS location on the plans. What do you get with your QS credit? Just the burger, or do you get fries with it? Fries are listed separately on the menu and it wasn't clear whether you order them separately (like at 5 Guys).

The fries are separate, but they are a snack credit, and like 5 Guys, the order is HUGE and easily shareable. You only get a burger and a drink at D-Luxe.

The Quick Service plan is $48pp, so it's almost impossible to break even. Unless you embrace the unlimited soda, two QS meals including only drink and entree or combo meal plus two snacks don't usually come up to $48. Especially with the 2017 changes eliminating the desserts and the ability to substitute anything for the drinks at most locations, it is almost always better to pay out of pocket. Some prefer the convenience of having a teen use a meal swipe, but they could just as easily charge it to the room. You have to do the math yourself.

The Quick Service plan is $48pp, so it's almost impossible to break even. Unless you embrace the unlimited soda, two QS meals including only drink and entree or combo meal plus two snacks don't usually come up to $48. Especially with the 2017 changes eliminating the desserts and the ability to substitute anything for the drinks at most locations, it is almost always better to pay out of pocket. Some prefer the convenience of having a teen use a meal swipe, but they could just as easily charge it to the room. You have to do the math yourself.

I definitely agree that it's almost impossible to break even. I priced out the QS restaurants where we usually eat, and what we usually eat there and added tax and totaled it up. I averaged $70 per QS meal over 12 meals. Two of them were breakfasts, but were balanced out by Be Our Guest and Flame Tree BBQ. I used an average of $5 value per snack, plus the cost of the refillable mugs and came up with a difference of less than $10 (the QSDP costing less than $10 above my OOP estimate). We have one ADR for Via Napoli, which isn't included in the totals. We could go either way - OOP or use the QSDP and I think it would be about equal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter