Using table service credits for counter service meals!

dadto1

Mouseketeer
This is from the mousesavers website:

You can use table service meal credits at a counter service restaurant. Likewise you can use counter service credits for snacks (but be prepared for the cashier to think you're nuts). You'll lose some value, but gain flexibility!

We have an antsy two year old and could easily see ourselves doing this. Has anyone tried it.

Ive, never tried it, but im sure it could be done. by any chance do you know if you could use counter service points for table service? I know I could use table for counter but could u use it the other way around? :wizard:

Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that I asked a CM about this when I was making my ADR's for Free Dining.- thinking that if we wanted to cancel one of our Table Service meals at the last minute and just grab a bite at a Counter Service as we go, we could. She told me that they had to be used as is: Table for Table, Counter for Counter, and Snack for Snack.

I can't confirm that it is officially true- Just what she told me! I hope she is wrong!

You can not use Counter Service credits for Table Service meals, not even by combining multiple CS credits for 1 TS meal.
If you use TS credits for CS meals, you are not getting your value out of the Dining Plan. If you think this is how you will eat, I would advise rethinking purchasing the Dining Plan.

Hopefully said:
You can not use Counter Service credits for Table Service meals, not even by combining multiple CS credits for 1 TS meal.
If you use TS credits for CS meals, you are not getting your value out of the Dining Plan. If you think this is how you will eat, I would advise rethinking purchasing the Dining Plan.

I wouldn't purchase it, but we are taking advantage of the free dining!

The system tracks meals by type, so when you go to a counter service location it takes from your counter service credits. It is my understanding (from CMs and from using the plan) that there is no way to use creidts in any way other than what is part of the plan (counter for counter, table for table, snack for snack) The system tracking is not set up to use it any other way.

Sue Ellen

There have been reports of being able to use TS for CS - usually on the last day at the resort food court. A manager had to approve it though.

Hopefully said:

Hopefully, thanx for the info, first time paying for the dining plan so i wasn't sure. I was told that you could use 2 CS for 1 TS but I guess I was misinformed. thanx again. My DH2B and I have the Premium Package, if we wanted to use our lunch credit towards a table service for my family, just in case they run out, would that be okay? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter