Uzima and Maji Pool Bars - DDP?

Tenacious K

earning my beers
I'm getting conflicting information here.. I'd like to purchase the dining plan if lunch at AKL's pool bars are included on the quick serve dining plan. The list of participating locations, taken directly from Disney's website has both pool bars listed for Quick Service Lunch and Dinner.. so you'd think that'd be pretty clear, unfortunately everywhere I read elsewhere on the internet says that this is for snacks only :( Not sure what to believe. Does anyone have experience with using Quick Serve lunch at either of these locations? Thank you!

https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/2018Product/2018DDP_Locations.pdf

It is on Disney's website then it is so. I plan on using the dining plan at the AKL pool bar.

I'm getting conflicting information here.. I'd like to purchase the dining plan if lunch at AKL's pool bars are included on the quick serve dining plan. The list of participating locations, taken directly from Disney's website has both pool bars listed for Quick Service Lunch and Dinner.. so you'd think that'd be pretty clear, unfortunately everywhere I read elsewhere on the internet says that this is for snacks only :( Not sure what to believe. Does anyone have experience with using Quick Serve lunch at either of these locations? Thank you!

https://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/2018Product/2018DDP_Locations.pdf
I was looking on a 2017 Dining Plan Page from Disney and it implied that if a person used a dining plan that involved in-room dining, that two credits would be taken for that one meal. Now I don't know if this implies the pool bars, but getting the food at the pool bar requires in-room dining. So the pool bars may be off limits with us if this is true. Great way for Disney to recoup a alcoholic drink using a counter service credit.

I was looking on a 2017 Dining Plan Page from Disney and it implied that if a person used a dining plan that involved in-room dining, that two credits would be taken for that one meal. Now I don't know if this implies the pool bars, but getting the food at the pool bar requires in-room dining. So the pool bars may be off limits with us if this is true. Great way for Disney to recoup a alcoholic drink using a counter service credit.

In-room dining requires TS credits, not QS credits, but still 2 of them.

The last time I was at the pool at Kidani, I asked if the salads at the pool bar could be redeemed using QS credits because one of them looked awesome. I was told by the bartender that nothing on their menu is QS. This was a year ago, however, so perhaps it has changed.

This is a very interesting question. We're staying at AKL in December and it would be nice if it's included.

I know that they appear in the list of QS restaurants:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/#/pool-bars,2018-quick-service-dining-plan/

And, I *have* used a snack credit for a *beverage* for my kids. So, the snack for beverage part, I can definitely confirm.

But, because of the previous responses, I started digging deeper to see if they would accept a QS credit. And I came across this picture of the Menu from Josh's site (really, that man has taken pictures of EVERYTHING at WDW).
https://www.easywdw.com/reports13/uysdfsf41.jpg

Well, it says it's Private Dining and has the language that they have on the Private Dining menu about the service charge, etc. So, I doubt they take a QS credit. The Private Dining is the room service option and it requires 2 TS.

Would love to hear if anyone tries this, this year.

Edit to add: I am going to find a more recent pic of the menu and see if it says Private Dining. That picture is 2 years old and things may have changed since then. If it's not private dining, then I'm pretty sure you could use a QS credit.

Last edited:
I'm going March 30th so I guess I'm the guinea pig! Based on what I read on the Disney website I assumed it took quick service, since it specifically says the quick service dining plan. I will be a little sad if it isn't included - I had visions of me having frozen margaritas at the pool! To be honest, we have 4 laid back/mostly resort days planned and it was definitely part of why we got the plan.

Guess I might have to grab drinks from the Mara instead.

Huh, it hadn't even occurred to me that we would not be able to use Quick Service credits at the Kidani pool bar so I am glad I saw this thread. We planned to use QS credits for lunch by the pool on one of our days but I guess I might have to revisit that.

I'm going March 30th so I guess I'm the guinea pig! Based on what I read on the Disney website I assumed it took quick service, since it specifically says the quick service dining plan. I will be a little sad if it isn't included - I had visions of me having frozen margaritas at the pool! To be honest, we have 4 laid back/mostly resort days planned and it was definitely part of why we got the plan.

Guess I might have to grab drinks from the Mara instead.

Huh, it hadn't even occurred to me that we would not be able to use Quick Service credits at the Kidani pool bar so I am glad I saw this thread. We planned to use QS credits for lunch by the pool on one of our days but I guess I might have to revisit that.

Please post your experiences! I am hopeful that it has changed from Private Dining to regular QS. I see that the menu has been dumbed down and cheapened considerably. It used to be a bento box and there was a falafel option and a grilled shrimp ceasar option. Now, it's like the regular chicken ceasar, hot dog, chicken nuggets and no bento option. So, maybe it has changed since Josh took the pic in 2015.

Please post your experiences! I am hopeful that it has changed from Private Dining to regular QS. I see that the menu has been dumbed down and cheapened considerably. It used to be a bento box and there was a falafel option and a grilled shrimp ceasar option. Now, it's like the regular chicken ceasar, hot dog, chicken nuggets and no bento option. So, maybe it has changed since Josh took the pic in 2015.
Hopefully you are right! It's funny because when I was trying to decide on the dining plan I remember seeing the bento option and thinking the kids would like it. Then I went back a few days later and it was gone. I tried to figure out where I had seen that option but couldn't find it anywhere. Good to know I wasn't going crazy.

This would make a lot of sense for them to change it to QS since Kidani doesn't (didn't?) have a quick service lunch/dinner option.

I'll be there in late March/early April and will report back afterwards.

On All ears menus, it notes grab and go items are QS Credits but all hot food needs to be ordered from private dining.

If the bartender has the food available in a to go container, it should be a QS credit.

If someone could report back with exact details that would be very helpful. I would imagine with the addition of the alcoholic beverage added to the DDP, the QS items should improve.

On All ears menus, it notes grab and go items are QS Credits but all hot food needs to be ordered from private dining.

If the bartender has the food available in a to go container, it should be a QS credit.

If someone could report back with exact details that would be very helpful. I would imagine with the addition of the alcoholic beverage added to the DDP, the QS items should improve.
Interesting! Where do you see the to-go menu? I don't see the pool bars listed under QS in All Ears.

Edit, here it is:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/uzima-springs-pool-bar/all-day

Cold grab & go type items are available from the bartender. "Hot" items are available through private dining and are marked below. Order the items using the phone provided at the bar. Your order will be delivered to the pool. A $3.00 delivery charge and an 18% service charge will be added to all private dining orders; served 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Its all so confusing. I am thinking I will just eat at Mara and use a CS credit there for dinner. They have a chicken plate that they serve after like 5 p.m. and I could also get a frozen beverage as well. We will see how others are able to use.

Its all so confusing. I am thinking I will just eat at Mara and use a CS credit there for dinner. They have a chicken plate that they serve after like 5 p.m. and I could also get a frozen beverage as well. We will see how others are able to use.

I agree. However, it's only February. The addition of the alcoholic beverage is still very new to the QS plan. Perhaps by Spring Break they will improve the food offerings at the bars.

I agree. However, it's only February. The addition of the alcoholic beverage is still very new to the QS plan. Perhaps by Spring Break they will improve the food offerings at the bars.
I think they are going to make it as hard as they can to get an alcoholic drink with a CS credit. If you plan on getting that burger at the bar for like what $12 and then a Banana Cabana drink for $10.50, they are gonna make you pony up two credits for it. They really don't want the guest to maximize the plans with them ordering alcoholic drinks. I just don't think the Dining Plans are selling as well now and they are desperate by adding the alcohol to them, just hoping most guest won't utilize that feature.

I think they are going to make it as hard as they can to get an alcoholic drink with a CS credit. If you plan on getting that burger at the bar for like what $12 and then a Banana Cabana drink for $10.50, they are gonna make you pony up two credits for it. They really don't want the guest to maximize the plans with them ordering alcoholic drinks. I just don't think the Dining Plans are selling as well now and they are desperate by adding the alcohol to them, just hoping most guest won't utilize that feature.

Why would Disney care about a $12 cocktail when milkshakes and smoothies have always been included?

The dining plan is extremely popular. Many guests, myself included, get the free dining bounce back offer every August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter