Vaccine Card or just Safe Travels account?

bwmjam

Earning My Ears
Do we need to take our original Vaccination cards with us to Hawaii or is our Safe Travels account enough?

We brought our vaccination cards with us on our trip in May 2021... Nobody ever asked to see them, or even asked whether we were vaccinated. All they cared about was Safe Travels.

I think you'll have to bring them. I read you'll need them along with already uploading to Safe Travels.
Agreed. I just signed up for Safe Travels yesterday for our July 19 trip. I had to upload my card to the website but it also said they will check the cards when we arrive. So definitely bring it with you.

Agreed. I just signed up for Safe Travels yesterday for our July 19 trip. I had to upload my card to the website but it also said they will check the cards when we arrive. So definitely bring it with you.
our trip isn't until October so I haven't signed up yet. Hoping it won't be required anymore at all by then.

our trip isn't until October so I haven't signed up yet. Hoping it won't be required anymore at all by then.
Hopefully! I was so thankful that they are allowing vaccine cards because testing for a family of 6 would have been expensive and stressful. But there will still be a lot of restrictions when we arrive. Thankfully they are slowly opening things up and loosening restrictions so I think October is promising.

Yes they’re saying you need to bring the actual card- Just uploaded mine for our July 9 trip. Question for you guys, do you get an approval from them on the website like you would if you submitted a test?

Here's what I found a Hawaii Travel site last updated on July 1, 2021
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What if I've received the vaccine? Am I exempt from quarantine? What Hawaii policies apply to vaccinated travelers?
Presently, proof of vaccination is not a recognized exemption to the Hawaii travel quarantine, unless you were vaccinated within Hawaii; see below for more information. The state continues to evaluate the latest science and will inform travelers of any new exemptions as those decisions are made. Please see our Hawaii Travel Restrictions page for more information.

Currently, the state of Hawaii has set a date of July 8, 2021, to begin allowing trans-Pacific travel for vaccinated passengers (those vaccinated within the U.S.), in anticipation of reaching a 60% statewide vaccination rate. More information is included below. Even if the state does not reach the 60% goal by July 8th, Governor Ige has indicated the state will proceed with allowing all U.S. residents to submit proof of vaccination from anywhere in the U.S. and skip the pre-travel testing requirements.

As of July 1, 2021, Hawaii had a statewide vaccination rate of 58%, according to local state data from the Hawaii Department of Health.

For those who are not vaccinated, for children over the age of five who have not been vaccinated, or for those who are traveling from outside the U.S., the current Hawaii Travel Restrictions and pre-travel testing requirements will remain in place until the state of Hawaii reaches a 70% statewide vaccination rate.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Hawaii resident & was vaccinated in Hawaii & haven't used the Hawaii Safe Travels program with my vaccination yet. I've only used Hawaii Safe Travels in March & can only speak how that works. I assumed the vaccination card photo upload would replace the covid test upload, then you answer the health questionnaire 24 hours before you fly to Hawaii & that generates the QR code to get your wristband at the last airport before you fly to Hawaii. We'll be traveling to Maui from Oahu next week, so I'll have more info on how that goes with the vaccination card upload & if we get a QR code.

Yes they’re saying you need to bring the actual card- Just uploaded mine for our July 9 trip. Question for you guys, do you get an approval from them on the website like you would if you submitted a test?
When I registered, it did not send me any confirmation but it stored my travel information for my July 19 trip. I double checked and saw my cards are uploaded and saved, as well.

On the home page after you login, there is a link to complete your health survey within 24 hours of departure. The site says "you will receive an email with a QR code that will be scanned by a screener at the airport." I believe you present that code with your vaccination card when you arrive for verification.

Believe it or not I’m a little bit reluctant about the vaccine card. Somewhere on the website it says that the card has to have your name, date of birth ,facility ,lot number etc. all clearly printed. I can tell you on my card and my wife’s card, the facility is not clearly on there. I just feel hesitant about being in a situation where the card gets rejected after arriving in Hawaii. I’ve decided to go ahead and book an ID now test as a back up in case the card doesn’t work. Sounds crazy but I just feel like there’s a lot of potential for something getting rejected and I like the fact that we can get a pre-cleared wristbqnd in Chicago prior to the flight.. Hope I’m not overthinking this? We need a Covid test for my son anyway…

Believe it or not I’m a little bit reluctant about the vaccine card. Somewhere on the website it says that the card has to have your name, date of birth ,facility ,lot number etc. all clearly printed. I can tell you on my card and my wife’s card, the facility is not clearly on there. I just feel hesitant about being in a situation where the card gets rejected after arriving in Hawaii. I’ve decided to go ahead and book an ID now test as a back up in case the card doesn’t work. Sounds crazy but I just feel like there’s a lot of potential for something getting rejected and I like the fact that we can get a pre-cleared wristbqnd in Chicago prior to the flight.. Hope I’m not overthinking this? We need a Covid test for my son anyway…
If the place you got the vaccine is missing, write it on the card. My card didn't have my name, birthdate or location on it and I wrote them all in. They filled out the rest when I got the shots. Like I said in my other post hopefully you don't test positive because if you do, you'll be staying home.

if you upload the card now wouldn't you know within a day or so if it were rejected? I don't see how they can reject a vaccine card.

That’s what I’m not sure about. I don’t think it’s like a test upload where it instantly gets accepted or rejected. This doesn’t say anything. I think the evaluation happens when you land in Hawaii… That’s what I’m a little uneasy about.

That’s what I’m not sure about. I don’t think it’s like a test upload where it instantly gets accepted or rejected. This doesn’t say anything. I think the evaluation happens when you land in Hawaii… That’s what I’m a little uneasy about.
Have you uploaded your card yet? When you upload it, it requires you to sign in multiple places that your vaccine card is legit and if not, they state it's a criminal offense. It gets immediately accepted when you upload as long as all fields are completed. Stop speculating and upload the card.

Not speculating. It’s uploaded. There’s no place where it says accepted or not accepted The same way it does for a Covid test (With the Covid test it will say approved or not approved, it doesn’t have that for the vaccine card. It just shows that it’s been uploaded.).. Anyway, I’m just going to go ahead and get tested too since my kids have to anyway. That way all bases are covered.

and yes I’m definitely overthinking this, but I have a paranoia about getting off of a 12 hour flight and then being told there was something wrong with the card…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter