Valentines Day

perkinsclan

Earning My Ears
We will be at MK on Valentines Day. Does anyone know of any special events they have that day, or any suggestions for character meals. I have 3 kids, 7,6,2. Thanks!:earsgirl:

We've been there for Valentine's day the past two years. Nothing special at the parks. One year we had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, and last year we had breakfast at CRT.

We will also be there dor Valentine's Day. We will be arriving on the 14 and leaving the 23rd. 6 bights at AKL and 3 nights at Doubletree Guest Suites.

I was wondering the same thing. If anything special goes on. I would love to know the hours of operations for the parks. Also, what's the weather like?

Have fun.

We will be at the WDW Feb 6-13, then on to the Wonder for a 3 day cruise for our anniversary on Valentine's Day. Last year we were at Disneyland Resort on Valentine's Day and the Prince's were appearing with the Princesses (Beauty and the Beast, Aurora & Prince Stefan, etc.).

First time in all my trips that I've seen the Prince's other than in the parades. At DL, they were in front of the castle posing for pictures with guests - made for some great pics, especially for our anniversary album!

You might check with guest services in the park that day to see if they are scheduled to appear? If any of your children are girls, they may really enjoy this.

Have a wonderful trip!

I can't offer anything about Valentine's Day, but President's Day is Monday, Feb 17 and the parks (at least MK) are open later all that week.

Concerning weather...I'm from MI so the weather is great no matter what it's like!!! Over the years I've seen it (during the day) from the upper 50's (the pools are very nicely heated on-site) up into the 90's. About 10 days before we leave I start checking the 10-day Orlando forecast (I don't know why, I still pack twice as much as we need!!).

I just learned from a travel agent site that Romance does exist at WDW on 2/14. The GF Resort & Spa offers a Grand Romantic Evening at the resort's full-service spa and health club, which allows couples to enjoy a spa experience in a candlelit couples room. For more info call 407 824-2332.

The strings of a harp and the luxurious six-couorse meal provide an intimate dining atmosphere for couples at Victoria & Albert's, also at Disney GF Resort and Spa.

Or indulge in a 30 minute horse drawn carriage ride at Disney's Fort Wildernes Resort and Campground. This can be a very romantic evening.

Don't forget, you can order a special cake at any of the restaurants or contact 407 WDW DINE.

And don't forget - you can have flowers or champagne baskets delivered to your room via the Disney Florist, contact them toll free at 1-877-608-0066.:wave: :wave: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :sunny:

Hi!
We were at Disney twice for Valentine's Day, 1998 and 2001. The first trip our kids were 6yrs, 3yrs and 15 months. the second trip they were 9,6 and 4. I don't remember anything special at the parks but in '98 we had breakfast with the characters at Cape May Cafe and it was decorated nicely for the holiday. Even the pastries had pink icing. Our 3 year old asked where Minnie and Mickey were. Our 6 year old's reply..."I think they're probably on a romantic date". The memorable part of the 2001 trip was that we booked an adjoining room for my inlaws during our stay. They went home early and my husband and I had our own room for Valentine's Day! That was some unexpected Mickey magic!

Oh, and for both trips I made out valentines at home to the kids from their favorite characters. I set them next to the door on Valentine's day morning as if they had been slipped under. The kids really enjoyed opening valentines from their Disney friends. Sorry I went on so long. Have a great trip!

Thanks. I plan to have some Valentine Candy Magic delivered to them. The hotel is a surprise. They don't even know where we are staying (AKL). Keeping it hush-hush from them.

They will be mighty surprised. We shall have lots of fun, we always do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter