Validating Canadian park tickets in a package?

This is interesting. We're renting DVC and I purchased the discounted tickets separately. We're not going down until Sept 2nd, so it's good to know that we have to activate our tickets - I had no idea. So, I'm glad for this thread - now the wait begins.
Not sure when you get in, but if you're not going to a park on your first day, you can activate them at Disney Springs, otherwise you'll need to do it before you enter your first park. We had to do that 2 years ago at Epcot, took maybe 3 minutes, but you'll need to carry your passports with you all day.

I was just talking to someone this morning who is down there now, plus they work as an independent Disney trip planner and asked them this exact question. She told me that in 2017 everyone who had Canadian tickets had to get them verified at Guest Services, but last year they changed it so that if the Canadian tickets are part of a package, they can now be verified at the time of check in at your resort. If you bought the tickets separately, you'll still need to go to Guest services. I'll put this to the test on Sunday.

As with many new policies, not all CM’s are aware. I also heard the above information, but when I checked-in this past summer they told me I needed to validate my Canadian package tickets at a Park or Disney Springs. They said they are unable to do it. I used my Magic Band and validated them at Disney Springs. I suggest asking at check-in, but be prepared to validate them elsewhere.

I just had a friend come back and I asked if she had to validate her tickets and she said no (had no idea that it was "required"). Since we won't get to the park until late in the morning/noon I think I will just bring our passports just in case and try at the turnstiles first. If we get the blue light we'll just hop over to the ticket counter and show our passports. My friend did say that maybe because she's a returning guest they already "know" she's Canadian??? Who knows with how Disney's systems work/don't work :rolleyes:

I just had a friend come back and I asked if she had to validate her tickets and she said no (had no idea that it was "required"). Since we won't get to the park until late in the morning/noon I think I will just bring our passports just in case and try at the turnstiles first. If we get the blue light we'll just hop over to the ticket counter and show our passports. My friend did say that maybe because she's a returning guest they already "know" she's Canadian??? Who knows with how Disney's systems work/don't work :rolleyes:
Did she have a package or separate room and tickets? I think if you bought your tickets as part of a package you don't need to validate at the parks, if you got a room reservation and tickets separately, you'll need to validate at the park or DS.

We just got back from a stay at the Beach Club. We bought our Canadian tickets as part of a package. When we checked in on March 6th to pick up our magic bands the cast member at the front desk activated our bands right then and there. We had no problem gaining entry into Epcot right after that and did not need to go to Guest Services at all.

Did she have a package or separate room and tickets? I think if you bought your tickets as part of a package you don't need to validate at the parks, if you got a room reservation and tickets separately, you'll need to validate at the park or DS.

Oooh, good point. They were staying at Fort Wilderness, I would assume if they can get the Canadian ticket rate included in the package that's what they did. I'm thinking we will need to activate when we go as we are renting DVC and the tickets were obtained separately. of course its more then likely our room won't be ready when we get there so we'll be bringing our passports with us anyways. :tilt:

In January we didn't have to activate our tickets at the gate. Booked room and tickets through a ta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter