Validating Canadians tickets?

Haha not fun!!
Not sure about WDW because we already had our passports in hand so it never came up but as I was digging in my bag for our passports the CM at DLR was adamant that only the original passport would be accepted, no copies, and no drivers licence. Maybe it depends on the CM?

Just booked DL for February through Westjet Vacations. We bought our tickets along with our package as it was cheaper than buying directly through Disney. This was the fine print after we booked:

.PICK UP YOUR ORDER AT ANY DISNEYLAND RESORT THEME PARK TICKET SALES LOCATION. OFFER VALID ONLY FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS, VALID PROOF OF CANADIAN RESIDENCY WILL BE REQUIRED BY EACH ADULT GUEST IN THE PARTY BEFORE USE OF THIS PROMOTIONAL OFFER FOR THEME PARK ADMISSION. ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PROOF OF CANADIAN RESIDENCY INCLUDE A VALID CANADIAN PASSPORT, A VALID CANADIAN DRIVER S LICENSE, OR A VALID CANADIAN PROVINCIAL IDENTIFICATION CARD.

There's no reason you should have to bring your passport to DL.

Just booked DL for February through Westjet Vacations. We bought our tickets along with our package as it was cheaper than buying directly through Disney. This was the fine print after we booked:

.PICK UP YOUR ORDER AT ANY DISNEYLAND RESORT THEME PARK TICKET SALES LOCATION. OFFER VALID ONLY FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS, VALID PROOF OF CANADIAN RESIDENCY WILL BE REQUIRED BY EACH ADULT GUEST IN THE PARTY BEFORE USE OF THIS PROMOTIONAL OFFER FOR THEME PARK ADMISSION. ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PROOF OF CANADIAN RESIDENCY INCLUDE A VALID CANADIAN PASSPORT, A VALID CANADIAN DRIVER S LICENSE, OR A VALID CANADIAN PROVINCIAL IDENTIFICATION CARD.

There's no reason you should have to bring your passport to DL.
Agreed. But if the CM won’t accept anything else, it is what it is. My tickets are from last year’s promo, not this year’s. There was no mention of using a driver’s licence on that promo. I knew ahead of time the passport would be expected so I took it with me. Sure enough it was required so I’m glad I did. I have no problem taking my passport with me again. It fits inside my bag and I returned it to my hotel room safe for the rest of the trip. I’d rather have it and not need it than start my day with conflict with CMs because I don’t have it.

Does it need to be validated each day? Or just the first time it's used? Could I show up the evening after our flight in to an attendant and validate it with our passports, then use the 5-day pass for the next 5 days?

We'll be needing to validate 1 Canadian resident ticket purchased through Disney and 2 purchased through Air miles. Our original plan was to head to Disney Springs on our arrival day but we were kind of hoping to just relax at the resort. We'll ask and maybe we'll get lucky! if they can validate them at POFQ. Otherwise, our first day is at Epcot. I'm hoping Epcot also has a Guest Relations just outside the entrance so we can validate them without wasting park time?

We'll be needing to validate 1 Canadian resident ticket purchased through Disney and 2 purchased through Air miles. Our original plan was to head to Disney Springs on our arrival day but we were kind of hoping to just relax at the resort. We'll ask and maybe we'll get lucky! if they can validate them at POFQ. Otherwise, our first day is at Epcot. I'm hoping Epcot also has a Guest Relations just outside the entrance so we can validate them without wasting park time?
You can go to any ticket booth at any of the parks as well as the Guest Relations --- just pick the shortest line!

I’ve read some people just take photo of passport with their phone and that’s been accepted. I would be afraid of having to bring passport to the parks.
One trip my daughters purse went flying out of Space Mtn. It was our last ride on the last day. Thankfully her passport wasn’t in it. They had to mail her purse back home to us. Things happen!

It’s odd someone mentioned they didn’t accept their drivers licence. Because you don’t have to be a Canadian citizen, just a resident.

I think it depends - when we we’re in Epcot a couple weeks ago, we were in the beer line in Germany and the cm said they had to have the actual passport - not a photo

Does anyone know what time Guest Service windows typically open at MK, for a 9AM opening?

About 2 hours prior to park opening

Epcot does have a Guest Relations but lines can be long in the morning. It’s hit or miss. I think our plan on arrival day is to book a dinner in Disney Springs so we can use that Guest Relations after dinner.

I think it depends - when we we’re in Epcot a couple weeks ago, we were in the beer line in Germany and the cm said they had to have the actual passport - not a photo

Did you need a passport for beer? I’d hate to have to take my passport to the parks. Esp. After my (adult)daughters purse flew out of Space Mountain car! And it was the last ride of our last night. Flight next day. I guess it does depend on how picky CM wants to be. Leaving for DL Friday with Canadian ticket offer. My plan is to use my DL and have passport photo on my phone. But I don’t think you need passport, offer just says Canadian resident. I’ll see I guess!

It's Disney policy to require a passport and not a foreign driver's license for proof of age. I had that issue last January with the 21 year old relative I was travelling with who was trying to get a drink with supper. The Disney Springs restaurants were more lenient. Your mileage may vary :drinking:

I just came across this thread and wanted to check on something is this only for stand-alone tickets or does it include ones that are bought as part of a package as well?

Is there a place in downtown Disney at DL to validate prior to admission so we don’t have to carry passports to the park?

I keep seeing people saying "validate your voucher...". This is the first time we've purchased discounted Canadian tickets, so I'm not sure of the process. I don't have a voucher...I purchased the Canadian tix online, and they were automatically linked to MDE, so fast passes have already been selected. Do I still need to "validate" our tickets? As we don't get the wristbands mailed to us, wouldn't the tickets already be loaded onto them when we check in at our resort?

I keep seeing people saying "validate your voucher...". This is the first time we've purchased discounted Canadian tickets, so I'm not sure of the process. I don't have a voucher...I purchased the Canadian tix online, and they were automatically linked to MDE, so fast passes have already been selected. Do I still need to "validate" our tickets? As we don't get the wristbands mailed to us, wouldn't the tickets already be loaded onto them when we check in at our resort?

No. You need your tickets “validated” to prove that you qualified for the cdn discount (proof of cdn residency). You can still do fastpasses. You will stick get magicbands when checking into your hotel. BUT, you cannot just go to the park turn styles and tap in. You have to go to guest services at any parks (before entrance) or at Disney springs. They’ll tap your magicbands & you have to show passports for each member. They’ll officially activate tickets. There are no vouchers, but I just make sure I have access to the email confirmation of purchase. It has a barcode on it — but the bands are enough for them. I think DL May have physical vouchers to exchange. Same process.

Some people have had luck at their hotels activating (have never seen this), but I’ve always just gone to Disney Springs on arrival day, or guest services at the TTC or Epcot World Showbase entrance if not going to a park. Doesn’t take long to do.

I was just asked for id at my resort both times I had canadian tickets and everything was good

Did you have to provide residency proof for any children? My 16 year old can use his driver's licence, but his 14 year old brother wouldn't have anything other than a passport and I don't know if passports count, as they're not proof of residency, only nationality.

Did you have to provide residency proof for any children? My 16 year old can use his driver's licence, but his 14 year old brother wouldn't have anything other than a passport and I don't know if passports count, as they're not proof of residency, only nationality.
The second time I had my 7 year old with me and they didn't ask for anything for him. Just my driver's license when I checked in. I still brought both our passports to the parks when we went just in case we had to go to guest relations because of what I read here but I never needed them. The first time I didn't know any better and had no issues then either.

Passports absolutely count — that’s what they prefer to see. I always had to show one passport per band. :thumbsup2 I always purchased my tickets separate from room (not in a package). Maybe the package tickets didn’t have to be validated at guest services? I’ve stayed deluxes and always had to go to guest services at parks or Disney Springs. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!