Vancouver at night

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
It seems Vancouver is very pedestrian friendly, but how safe is it on foot at night? I'm thinking of walking along Waterfront Rd, or nearby streets to go to dinner, and then walk back to the hotel, but it'll likely be dark. I'll have kids with me. Obviously, employ common sense, but is it pretty safe at night around say, 9-10pm ish?

Where are you staying? I walk along there alone when I'm there for work (I stay at the Fairmont Waterfront and like to eat at Carderos :)

Where are you staying? I walk along there alone when I'm there for work (I stay at the Fairmont Waterfront and like to eat at Carderos :)

Oooh, thanks for the recommendation on where to eat! I've been studying the map and reading reviews and have been stumped. I'm looking to walk from the Fairmont Waterfront as well, over to the Flying Pig. Have you eaten there before?

Oooh, thanks for the recommendation on where to eat! I've been studying the map and reading reviews and have been stumped. I'm looking to walk from the Fairmont Waterfront as well, over to the Flying Pig. Have you eaten there before?

Get a reservation or go at off hours. We tried to eat there and the wait was 45 minutes. We ended up eating at White Spot instead and we were not impressed.

That is where we ate. So good! We were there on the early side 5ish and were able to get a table for 10.

Thoughts....
  • There are two Flying Pigs downtown (Gastown and Yaletown)
  • Gastown is closer to the cruise terminal hotels. However avoid travelling South of Gastown.

We stayed in on area that I would call slightly questionable and really even that wasn't bad, I just wouldn't have a woman walk alone at night there, but that consisted of about a block for the entire area. There was a great restaurant there, can't remember the name right now, but it was vegetarian/vegan friendly and super cheap, for example burritos larger Than Chipotle's for around $5 Canadian and absolutely delicious and healthier than Chipotle

Sunset in Vancouver is currently 9:22 pm. You can check sunset times by typing "sunset Vancouver Canada" followed by the date you care about. Ex.sunset vancouver canada july 24 2017 which returns 9:04pm

I found Vancouver to have a good amount of street people, but never did I feel afraid or unsafe with my daughter. We were never approached or bothered by anyone and to this day, Vancouver is one of my favorite cities to visit, especially for their poutine and Tim Horton's Timbits. Like any other place you travel to, be aware of your surroundings and have a great time in a beautiful city full of friendly people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter