Vancouver Hotels....where did you stay pre-cruise?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
We are on an Alaska cruise in 2019 and I am trying to figure out where to stay in Vancouver pre-cruise. Where did you stay and would you recommend it? Thanks!!!! :)

We stayed at Blue Horizon on Robson. I would recommend it if you need something more budget conscious. It was clean and comfortable and close to dining. Cab to port was about $8 but we did walk over there once and it wasn't bad. Maybe 15 minutes. The Capilano shuttle bus picks up there, too, which is convenient. I hear the Pan Pacific is great, but it was quite out of our budget.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific. The best part was that we were able to leave our baggage in our hotel room and had our cruise line (Holland America) make sure it made it aboard the ship.

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency in 2016 for about $160 per night if I recall. About a 10 minute walk to the port. Super nice hotel and incredibly friendly staff. Close to the (free) Capilano bus. Walking distance to a shopping center. We also walked to the ferry to Granville but that was more of a 30 minute walk. We took a taxi back. I'd stay there again. The 10 minute walk to save over $100 a night (vs. staying at the Pan) was worth it.

We stayed at the Westin Grand a few weeks ago before our cruise. Prices were not bad and surrounded by restaurants as well as shopping. The dock was within walking distance if you did not have luggage. Amazing breakfast buffet too.

Pacific Rim $$$ Only if you want to try a 5 star experience. Lovely hotel, next time, I am going AirBNB or some place with a kitchen/laundry

A couple of years ago we stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel Waterfront on Hastings street. It was only a few blocks from Canada place, and easy walking distance from the train. We didn't bother renting a car, and were easily able to explore from there from Stanley Park to the Gaslight district on foot, as well as drag our luggage past Tim Horton's on our way to port to catch our ship. It was a very comfortable and friendly hotel, the price was better than the Pan Pacific, and we would stay there again.

A couple of years ago we stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel Waterfront on Hastings street. It was only a few blocks from Canada place, and easy walking distance from the train. We didn't bother renting a car, and were easily able to explore from there from Stanley Park to the Gaslight district on foot, as well as drag our luggage past Tim Horton's on our way to port to catch our ship. It was a very comfortable and friendly hotel, the price was better than the Pan Pacific, and we would stay there again.

We stayed across the street last summer at the Marriott Pinnacle and I agree that this is a great location. You can easily walk pretty much anywhere you want to go. We did take a cab to Granville Island and to the port on the day we sailed (lots of luggage and camera equipment!!), but found cabs to be plentiful and reasonably priced - I think it was about $6 to the port. I really don't think you need to be right on the waterfront in Vancouver. It's so walkable and easy to get around. I'm sure the Pan Pacific is fabulous, but that price just wasn't worth it for us as we wanted to stay three nights. Of course, the fact that we used Marriott points to pay for our room didn't hurt, either! :goodvibes

In 2015, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and took taxis to and from the port. We were there for two nights prior to the cruise and one night after we arrived back in Vancouver.

Times Square Suites- spacious, near Stanley Park, across street from a Safeway, near many restaurants and quite affordable. They are converted apartments and have kitchens and a roof top grilling area. Booked there for our repeat Alaska cruise next year too. Last year we switched over to Pan Pacific for one night, and it was nice, but probably will save the money on that next year.

We stayed 1 night at the Fairmont Waterfront and our luggage was delivered to the ship. My daughter and I woke up super early and watched the Wonder arrive. I felt like I was a 5 year old jumping around as I saw the Mickey smoke stacks appear through the trees as it made it's way through the channel. Will always be a favorite memory!!! :love:

We stayed at the Delta Suites by Marriott. It was nice. 2 queens in a separate room and a pull out sofa in the living room. A block or 2 to the waterfront. I don't recall the price but not cheap.

We are Platinun Elite members so we booked the Marriott Pinnacle 580 CAD = $442 USD or 4,000 points. Paid for one room and booked two with points. Located 2 blocks over and two blocks down to the port so a great location.

We leave tomorrow morning to Vancouver and the cruise Monday morning. Staying at the Pan Pacific. They have a Cruise Rate we used, but it doesn't show up again until 2019 cruise season. We paid $509 CAD. Staying at Pan Pacific for the extremely best location on top of the port. www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-and-resorts/pp-vancouver/offers/alaska-cruise-package.html

Stayed at the Fairmont (across the street) a few years back. Another very nice hotel and great location.

It's been 4 years, but we stayed at the Fairmont, but not the waterfront one as it was ridiculously expensive like the Pan Pacific at that time. The Fairmont we stayed at was just about 3 or 4 blocks up the hill from the port and we got a decent rate at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts