Vancouver Hotels....where did you stay pre-cruise?

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and I got a great rate using priceline. It was the best deal I have ever received.

Disney just added a 3rd hotel to their approved list. In addition to the Fairmont Waterfront and the Fairmont Vancouver Airport, they've now added the Marriott Pinnacle. The Marriott Pinnacle is less than 1/2 mile from the port.

This change is so recent that the website hasn't even been updated yet.

We are on an Alaska cruise in 2019 and I am trying to figure out where to stay in Vancouver pre-cruise. Where did you stay and would you recommend it? Thanks!!!! :)

We did an Airbnb for two nights prior to the cruise in Kitsilano and it was perfect. We were traveling with my parents so we rented a three bedroom apartment/home very close to shops and restaurants. Super convenient and cost less than two hotel rooms, with the benefit of a living room and kitchen. It was an easy cab right to the port.

We did 3 days in Vancouver before our Disney cruise last summer. We stayed in a king suite at the Auberge Vancouver. Great location and a little less expensive than the hotels right at the port. We walked with our luggage to the port on embarkation day.

The only thing I didn’t like was the fact that they share their indoor pool with a swanky city athletic club. Lots of rules and there were only certain times my kids could swim because club members were doing laps, etc. This was not very clear on their website and I was disappointed. But we didn’t spend much time at the hotel because we were out and about in that beautiful city!

We stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre and loved it. I think I actually booked via Hotwire and got a pretty good deal. Our room had an amazing view of the city and it was a short cab ride to the port. We stayed 2nnights prior to the cruise and did the suspension bridge and a few other cool things. Loved Vancouver.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific. The port is right underneath and you may get a room with a view of the ship. Great to wake up to.

https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-and-resorts/pp-vancouver.html
Same here - loved it! We have used our Amex travel points to book. The first time we had a lovely view of the water. The second time we were looking over a helicopter landing pad/empty lot and a train station. Funny thing is when after we returned home and were catching up on TV, we realized they use that empty lot frequently on shows that are filmed in Vancouver!

Also, they pick up your luggage and deliver it to the ship, which is pretty cool.

We are spending a day in Vancouver before our cruise. We are renting a car from Enterprise at Canada Place. We are staying at a B & B about 2 miles from port. The morning of our cruise we'll drop our luggage off and return the car.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and I got a great rate using priceline. It was the best deal I have ever received.
We did the same thing, but on Hotwire. Hotwire was MUCH cheaper (less than half) than the rates you could book online. It's been almost 5 few years now, but at the time we booked, you could pretty much determine if Hotwire was offering you the Pan Pacific since it was the only one that had specific aspects in the description. In other words, you would put in a Hotwire request for a certain category of hotel, and there were only a couple of hotels in that category that ever showed up (I think the one just across the street was another, and I would have been fine with it, also). Hotwire doesn't tell you the name of the hotel, but did give a more detailed list of amenities: if you compared that list (to one I found in another Disboard thread) you would actually be able to know if it was the Pan Pacific being offered.

Oh, I found my old post about this, but keep in mind that this is really old info, so it might be quire different now:
For our trip last summer, I booked via Hotwire for $190 (US) plus tax for a total of $235.60 per night, booking in mid-April. I'm pretty sure I saw it $5/night cheaper a day or two before I booked, so I think they change prices around.

On the Vancouver FAQ thread, post #2425 on page 162 (my own followup post on this was #2449 on page 164) describes what to look for on Hotwire. It seems the distinction with the Fairmont is whether it is "indoor pool" vs. "Pool(s)" (Fairmont is indoor).

Note that Hotwire gives you a city view, and you would have to pay to upgrade to a harbor view. We actually could see part of the harbor/bridge from our city view room, but we wouldn't have been able to see the Wonder come in. I did talk to someone who stayed at the Renaissance Harbourview Hotel who watched our ship come in, though...
That Vancouver FAQ thread I refer to does not look to have been maintained (hasn't been updated since 2015), but it was very useful for me when planning our Alaska trip.

Same here - loved it! We have used our Amex travel points to book. The first time we had a lovely view of the water. The second time we were looking over a helicopter landing pad/empty lot and a train station. Funny thing is when after we returned home and were catching up on TV, we realized they use that empty lot frequently on shows that are filmed in Vancouver!

Also, they pick up your luggage and deliver it to the ship, which is pretty cool.
Did you have to have the hotels cruise package in order for them to take your bags to the ship?

We also stayed at the Pan Pacific. For things such as a pre-cruise stay for a night or two....I place a huge premium on ease & convenience. Same thing sailing out of Port Canaveral. We opt to stay at the MCO Hyatt. Sure we can find much more economical options. However, every minute of vacation time is priceless and I'd rather spend a little more to make the experience as easy and simple as possible.

When you stayed at one of the Disney Cruise line named hotels, did you go through DCL or just book on your own? I understand if you go through DCL you get picked up at airport and taken to hotel. Any other perks with going through DCL?

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Robson, free shuttle to the port which was super easy. Robson street is a good location. We did go a few days early to explore Vancouver (fantastic city) and pretty much walked everywhere. As for transportation from the airport, we booked a car service to pick us up. It was a bit more expensive than a cab but no lines and luggage help :-)

Did you have to have the hotels cruise package in order for them to take your bags to the ship?

Nope. You don't need to book a specific Pan Pacific package for luggage to be delivered directly to ship. I had the same question prior to staying at the Pan Pacific back in 2017. Your room booked any way for any price will get the amenity. It's a standard feature of the hotel.

We loved the Hyatt. Nice rooftop pool. Great club lounge. Walked to the port. The bus to Capilano picked up right outside and the metro was a few steps away. I even saw the Wonder coming in to port on embarkation morning. (It was through a sliver between two buildings but hey I saw it!)

To confirm what @Corfam said, luggage transfers to the cruiseship is complimentary for any hotel guest - you do not need to book the cruise package. Spoke with 2 hotel reps and the concierge desk recently to make sure this is still the case.

We booked a hotel near the cruise area on Hotwire. We got a great deal but it was non refundable and they didn't give us the name of the hotel until we booked and paid. The hotel we were assigned was Hotel Blu. I probably wouldn't have picked that hotel on my own but it was fabulous.

We were late to the game when we booked our hotel in Vancouver, the Pan Pacific and others could not accommodate our group of 9. We finally found rooms at the Blue Horizon Hotel, right on Robson street, and were pleasantly surprised. Clean, nice view and enjoyable restaurant. There was a Hop on/Hop off bus stop right in front of the hotel, as well. Would recommend it.
https://bluehorizonhotel.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter