Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Just an FYI, Sci Fi has a new(ish) menu and it has both a vegetarian falafel burger and vegan lettuce cups on it. I had the lettuce cups today and was really pleased! They’re build your own style, on a fairly sizable platter - I’ll attach a pic but unfortunately it is pretty dark (iPhone plus dim restaurant - good camera left back in room.) Lettuce cups, sobe noodle salad, cucumbers, tofu, a few water chestnuts, little piles of shredded carrot & green onions (?) and some sort of sauce. Would recommend!

You make the lettuce cups sound so good! My experience was, unfortunately, not as positive. My soba noodles were inedibly mushy, and the cucumbers were far too spicy for my taste (and I like spicy). I also felt most of the components were not cut small enough to put together easily in the lettuce cups. The tofu was good, and I liked the sauce.

Boo! Sorry for the negative experience :( Maybe hit or miss? Depends on chef who’s cutting? Not sure! Hopefully it trends towards my experience and not yours!

Has anyone ever done any of the special Food and Wine Festival meals/parties ( party for the senses or the tequila tasting lunch, etc) as a vegan? What was your experience like?
I have a trip planned in September and will be going to the Food and Wine Festival for the first time. I’m wondering if booking any of the meals when they are announced would be worth it.
I went last year to F&W. I was terrified paying for such expensive things not eating meat, but everyone was so accommodating at the Party for the Senses, Italian lunch, and Brunch with Geoffrey Zakarian. My daughter also doesn't eat some things, like fish, so they substituted for her as well.
Here are my Brunch plates
img_2974-jpg.277248

My shrimp and grits were served with a meatless item..
img_2971-jpg.277246

Here are some of my PftS photos. Sorry I didn't label them all. I didn't leave hungry!!
img_2929-jpg.275394
img_2930-jpg.275395
img_2931-jpg.275396
img_2932-jpg.275397
img_2933-jpg.275398
img_2926-jpg.275393

My wife has attended several PFTS events and she was able to ask for modifications and most understood. She enjoys PFTS and was looking forward to it this year. Has anyone ever attended the F&W Classic at the Swan and Dolphin? I'm wondering how accomodating they are

I have kind of a weird question for other vegans. So when I used to be omni, like I was for literally every other Disney trip of my life, food was truthfully a highlight and something I thought about/planned closely/ was so excited for. Granted, it's a DL trip i'm planning now, but I just don't feel excited about the food options anymore. I'll grab my dole whip <3 and my mickey pretzel <3 and then whatever I can find, I can find. Do other vegans get genuinely pumped about the food at Disney??

I do. Although, I am usually vegetarian and not vegan at Disney - but even when I’m being a “good girl,” I have a way higher variety of vegan dishes available to me at Disney than in the real world (where my choices are Subway, Chipotle, or the one pizzeria that has Daiya.)

Things like the vegan dishes at Sunshine Seasons, Hummus & Olives and Grape Leaves at Spice Road, the lettuce cups above, and the ability to get a DF sundae or milkshake are super exciting to me. That said, I am not a fussy eater - if it meets my dietary restrictions and someone else makes it, I am a happy camper!

Has anyone ever done any of the special Food and Wine Festival meals/parties ( party for the senses or the tequila tasting lunch, etc) as a vegan? What was your experience like?

I have a trip planned in September and will be going to the Food and Wine Festival for the first time. I’m wondering if booking any of the meals when they are announced would be worth it.

My wife is a vegetarian and has done PFTS several times. She would usually ask to leave the meat item off of the plate and they would give her extra sides

I just got back, and the meal of the week was Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom. My family had the bread service, the Cauliflower (a side item from Tiffins), and the Impossible Burger Sliders. (and I had the KUNGALOOSH beer) Everything was amazing. As long as they keep those sliders, we will be going back.

Prepping for my upcoming trip... I've been vegan at home and I'm seriously considering being mostly-vegan on vacation as well. Dairy does not like me and I'm noticing progressively more subtle problems (example - I have a chronic shoulder injury that started acting up badly mid-week; couldn't figure out why until I realized I'd cheated on my DF diet a few times early in the week... inflammation, yay!) I actually am fine with egg, I eat honey even when I'm vegan, but gelatin is a no-go. I've been loving the Vegan Disney World site, but since I am okay with eggs and honey (and even trace dairy,) I think I may be missing a few things.

So, question, does anyone know if the cauliflower tacos at Pecos are a) vegetarian and b) dairy-free? (I see that they have a vegan burger with vegan cheese - and some other options, too - but I may just eat there a couple of times.

And, for anyone else who didn't know, there are apparently vegan brats in Fantasyland? And vegan chili in several spots at the studios?!

Also, the Lighthouse Sandwich is back?! Life. MADE!

I've had an exciting day trying to figure out how to feed myself and am pretty optimistic about a delicious and dairy free trip...

anyone a vegetarian at the emm breakfast in mk? going in november....
anyone at ale and compass for breakfast or dinner?

I did Ale & Compass for breakfast. I was super jazzed for the vegan bowl but the sausage is made with mycoprotein (I can’t have it due to mushroom allergy). I had a cornbread waffle or something - it was okay, but not worth the trip for me. I suspect I would have felt differently if I could have had the bowl! My group loved Captain’s Grille, so this was a big loss for us.

Has anyone done LTT for dinner in the last couple of years? Interested in vegetarian or vegan experiences - we have a res tonight and I’m wondering what I’ve gotten myself into. All of the reviews I can find are old, and we haven’t really gone since they took away the potato quinoa patty.

Reporting back on my dinner experience -

I was able to eat the salad, the mashed potatoes, and the green beans, and then was brought a giant (I mean GIANT) bowl of pasta. I actually tried to decline the pasta in favor of the sides, but the server more-or-less said he wasn't charging me $36 just for sides. Pasta bowl was cavatappi (or similar) noodles, a red sauce - maybe like a slightly spicy marinara? - with artichoke hearts, spinach, and cherry tomatoes. The tomatoes were roasted or something, which I don't typically enjoy, but they were delicious. The pasta also typically includes mushrooms, but as I have a mushroom allergy, they left those out. Also, I have a dairy sensitivity and asked for the toffee cake with tofutti; I can handle some dairy but ice cream usually puts me over the edge. I suspect this may have been marked as a airy allergy because I was not brought any mac 'n' cheese, and the pasta sauce did not look like the cream sauce that is on the lunch dish. I think (although I'm not certain) that these items were totally vegan - or at least veg and dairy free, and I can't see where there would be any egg in those items. They did serve me the toffee cake with tofutti, but I had to ask a second time (server wanted to bring me sorbet). My guess is that the sorbet is vegan, but I did not verify that.

All in all, it was a much better experience than in the past - I distinctly recall being brought something (I can't recall what - maybe like a plain veggie patty?) one time that was straight-up awful ... and then was charged $2 extra for the pleasure. This time I was served tons of food, including a veggie dish, and charged normal price. Also, the server offered me a box (normally verboten at an AYCTE!) so I was able to take the extra seventeen pounds of pasta with me. It'll be lunch today! :)

Has anyone done LTT for dinner in the last couple of years? Interested in vegetarian or vegan experiences - we have a res tonight and I’m wondering what I’ve gotten myself into. All of the reviews I can find are old, and we haven’t really gone since they took away the potato quinoa patty.

I still miss the vegetarian proclamation. That was a tasty sandwich.

Oh my goodness, I miss that potato patty.
Glad to hear you had a good dinner experience. We've never gotten up the nerve to try dinner.

Prepping for my upcoming trip... I've been vegan at home and I'm seriously considering being mostly-vegan on vacation as well. Dairy does not like me and I'm noticing progressively more subtle problems (example - I have a chronic shoulder injury that started acting up badly mid-week; couldn't figure out why until I realized I'd cheated on my DF diet a few times early in the week... inflammation, yay!) I actually am fine with egg, I eat honey even when I'm vegan, but gelatin is a no-go. I've been loving the Vegan Disney World site, but since I am okay with eggs and honey (and even trace dairy,) I think I may be missing a few things.

So, question, does anyone know if the cauliflower tacos at Pecos are a) vegetarian and b) dairy-free? (I see that they have a vegan burger with vegan cheese - and some other options, too - but I may just eat there a couple of times.

And, for anyone else who didn't know, there are apparently vegan brats in Fantasyland? And vegan chili in several spots at the studios?!

Also, the Lighthouse Sandwich is back?! Life. MADE!

I've had an exciting day trying to figure out how to feed myself and am pretty optimistic about a delicious and dairy free trip...

The vegetarian brats are at Friar's Nook in Fantasyland. I haven't been there recently enough to have tried them, but I've heard nothing but good reviews.

OMG LIGHTHOUSE SANDWICH!!! I had given up on the idea of going back to CHH, but they're back in my good books now!

My experience at Friar’s was... okay. Had to wait in line a billion years (only one window open out the row), and then when I got up there, gave me the allergy book - then I had to wait for her to service the other side AGAIN (I took about fifteen seconds to skim ingredients). The brat was served on a dry bun - no sauerkraut, just brat and bun. I dressed it up with ketchup/mustard/relish and it was fairly tasty, but I was a little salty about waiting that long for half of the order!

Hopefully it was an anomaly! I’d still try it again, so there’s that... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!