Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Does anyone know if All Stars have a pork/beef substitute for their sausage and bacon? I'm not fully vegetarian because I eat poultry and seafood but much of what I eat is vegetarian.

When I could eat pork, I loved getting the quick service bounty platter but now I can't eat the sausage and bacon that comes with it.
If they do have a substitute, would I just ask at the counter?

Does anyone know if All Stars have a pork/beef substitute for their sausage and bacon? I'm not fully vegetarian because I eat poultry and seafood but much of what I eat is vegetarian.

When I could eat pork, I loved getting the quick service bounty platter but now I can't eat the sausage and bacon that comes with it.

This is how I am, kind of! 90% dairy-free, almost no pork or red meat, sometimes vegetarian. I can't really explain that to a CM, so I'm just going to see how it goes on the next trip! This will be my first trip with this weird eating plan.

This is how I am, kind of! 90% dairy-free, almost no pork or red meat, sometimes vegetarian. I can't really explain that to a CM, so I'm just going to see how it goes on the next trip! This will be my first trip with this weird eating plan.

As a fellow partial-vegetarian, I find there's good shortcuts out there to that explanation. For me, "I don't eat pork" is an easy one to dodge bacon on a sandwich, wrap, or egg dish, or maybe get turkey bacon or sausage instead. There's more than one group for whom "not eating pork" is a religious accommodation, so kitchens seem versed in accommodating it. Likewise, while not being Gluten Free myself, I sometimes scour the GF options on a menu when I'm trying to hunt for a dish with less flour/bread/carbs.

Watch out at woody's lunch box!!!

Ordered totchos today through mobile ordering and picked the vegetarian chili.
My meal contained meat! Luckily im paranoid and let my husband try it first. He was 100% positive it was meat. I went up to the window and told them they given me the wrong one but they kept insisting what i got was vegetarian. Eventually they gave me new ones but they didn't quite believe me :/

I think Disney has a long way to go with not just Vegan but healthy food options overall
We're recently back from WDW and both of my daughters are super healthy and one Vegan. The latter was a tough 'crowd' lol
She only drinks almond milk but there was only sweetened almond milk to be had -- anytime multigrain bread was offered - white showed up and on and on ..

While I am not vegan, I am dairy free. I feel I can safely eat vegan meals if I cannot find anything else. Also shellfish free.

I’m curious how Mara at AKL is for gluten free vegans...no soy either. We will be grabbing a quick lunch after checking in on arrival day.

Just back from a 2-wk trip. Chef Julie at Pecos Bill's was amazing! She came to the counter where we were waiting for food to specifically ask me about vegan vs vegetarian. (I'd ordered the plant-based burger but needed it gluten-free.)

She came out to verify status as the gluten-free buns contain eggs. She was certainly helpful and, IMO, went above and beyond to check with me! :thumbsup2 (Whereas I think a lot of people wouldn't even think twice about it! ... esp the two dif chefs who delivered bacon on my plate with breakfast two different days which I certainly DID NOT order!)

Hopefully the egg/gluten-free bun info helps someone! :)

I am SO glad to have found this thread. We’re going to Disney in March with my two year old son who has a severe egg allergy (already been epi-penned twice) and this thread has helped to quell some of my anxiety. Sounds like they have a lot of excellent vegan options, even for breakfast! :banana: Will definitely be reading through the previous one millions pages for reviews/options, but in the meantime, if anyone wants to recommend egg-free kid-friendly breakfasts in the parks, I’m all ears! Thanks in advance!

Hi dk413! Have you read the latest news about egg substitute now being available? I think it's at Caribbean Beach Resort (?), but I wonder if it will be offerred off-menu at other locations as well. Also, be aware that the gluten-free burger buns contain eggs (just found out); dunno if gluten is also a concern.

While making your ADRs, be sure to mark that there's an allergy. Once you're at the restaurant, more than one person will likely ask if you'd like a chef consult before ordering. Even if something looks okay on the allergy-friendly menu, don't hesitate to speak to a chef if you're unsure about anything!

I just ask them to leave out the bacon and/or sausage. Sometimes they offer to substitute fruit, but if they don't I still enjoy it. But it's been decades since I've eaten any kind of breakfast meat so personally I don't miss it.

Just trying to get the word out: just ate at Be Our Guest where apparently French onion soup is no longer vegetarian :-(. According to our server it is now made with beef broth! He said it was new - about a month ago.

I was wondering about this. BOG is my fav and we are going in a few weeks with my DD who is vegetarian. I knew it used to be but when were placing our orders online it only listed the potato leek as a vegetarian option.

Hi everyone!
I have a quick question about the set appetizer trio at Storybook Dining at Artist Point.
Assuming that the soup is vegetarian, is it possible to switch out the shrimp and chicken pie for something else or do you just get the soup (I'm not vegan)
Thanks

Hi everyone!
I have a quick question about the set appetizer trio at Storybook Dining at Artist Point.
Assuming that the soup is vegetarian, is it possible to switch out the shrimp and chicken pie for something else or do you just get the soup (I'm not vegan)
Thanks
I just watched a youtube video from Princess and the Bear where they went to Storybook Dining and she ate vegan options and he had the usual menu. They had full vegan choices for every course (3 appetizers, etc), so I am sure they would be able to sub. I was so excited to see this because I am looking forward to the experience but the regular menu is awfully meat heavy and I didn't want to pay those prices and not have much to eat. I don't have a link to the video but I'm sure you could search it. Hope you enjoy!! :flower1:

I just watched a youtube video from Princess and the Bear where they went to Storybook Dining and she ate vegan options and he had the usual menu. They had full vegan choices for every course (3 appetizers, etc), so I am sure they would be able to sub. I was so excited to see this because I am looking forward to the experience but the regular menu is awfully meat heavy and I didn't want to pay those prices and not have much to eat. I don't have a link to the video but I'm sure you could search it. Hope you enjoy!! :flower1:

Many thanks @ShannonMB this is really great to hear!

Hi everyone!
Thanks
I was able to get the child's app instead of the shrimp.

We are having lunch at BOG next week, my daughter is vegetarian. Has anyone tried subbing the kids grilled cheese and turkey soup for the potato leek soup??

Is the burger at Pecos Bill the "Incredible" Burger?

Just back from a 2-wk trip. Chef Julie at Pecos Bill's was amazing! She came to the counter where we were waiting for food to specifically ask me about vegan vs vegetarian. (I'd ordered the plant-based burger but needed it gluten-free.)

She came out to verify status as the gluten-free buns contain eggs. She was certainly helpful and, IMO, went above and beyond to check with me! :thumbsup2 (Whereas I think a lot of people wouldn't even think twice about it! ... esp the two dif chefs who delivered bacon on my plate with breakfast two different days which I certainly DID NOT order!)

Hopefully the egg/gluten-free bun info helps someone! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!