Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

I am not a vegetarian - BUT I really don't like chicken. Nor will I eat steak in restaurants. I can't stand most sausage. And all too often pork in restaurants is dry and not worth eating. I will eat some of these things in my home where I control the quality of the meat and the cooking. But I do not have to have meat with a meal. I love a good hamburger - but I must control the quality of the meat.

I love all vegetables and really appreciate food with spices, etc that are cooked really well. I love good fish and shellfish (living in New Orleans I expect really fresh stuff).

I often order vegetarian dishes when eating out. My favorite thing to do when I go to a restaurant that has a lot of vegetables sides is to order a vegetable plate with 4-5 options.

I am not picky if a meat stock is used. But as my sister has been a vegetarian for 35+ years I am very aware of what NOT to do if I am cooking a meal for a vegetarian. My next door neighbor for the last 4 years when coming over for dinner always wanted to see the ingredient list for what I was serving. I understand her concern as I've seen so many people think that cream of chicken soup or chicken stock was an okay ingredient as it was not "meat". I finally convinced her that no I would not sneak in anything non vegetarian - even gelatin or jello.

Disney has become so much more responsive to the needs of vegetarians. When my sister and I went to DisneyWorld twenty years ago (after our mother died) there were not a lot of options for her.

Even though I will eat meat I totally respect the desire of others to have NOTHING meat related.

Yes, it definitely looks like they are following more of a Satu'li Canteen model, which is my current favorite QS, so that's really nice. And, yes, I'll be trying the blue milk...

Has anyone tried to get plant-based milk (I'm not too particular on which one) as a base for a latte. I really like Tea Lattes, and I can get soy or almond milk ones at home, but wondering how easy it is to get at the parks or the resorts.

Has anyone tried to get plant-based milk (I'm not too particular on which one) as a base for a latte. I really like Tea Lattes, and I can get soy or almond milk ones at home, but wondering how easy it is to get at the parks or the resorts.

I know it's not a problem at all to get that at the Starbucks in the parks. I haven't tried it at any other locations though.

it's not hard, there is even dairy-free ice cream!!

it's not hard, there is even dairy-free ice cream!!

I just discovered Tofutti at POR! I don’t have it at home, but I’ve got to find it. It’s so good! This was my first experience asking for “special” items. The people at the counter had no clue, but the chef came out and took care of it for me.

I just discovered Tofutti at POR! I don’t have it at home, but I’ve got to find it. It’s so good! This was my first experience asking for “special” items. The people at the counter had no clue, but the chef came out and took care of it for me.
They also have it on main st and beaches and cream

Hi everyone
Thanks heaps for a lot of this information. I’m vegetarian, and don’t like fake meats. I’m seeing a lot of Impossible or Beyond burgers on the menu’s. I haven’t noticed many chickpea or black bean ones though. Do I just need to accept that my burgers are going to be ‘meaty’ ?

It seems to be the direction Disney is going, more "plant based..i.e Impossible or Beyond) but some places that don't have a veggie burger on the menu or just have one of the fake meaty ones may still have the black bean burger if you ask. Right now Restaurantosaurus still has the black bean one on the menu

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Thanks heaps for a lot of this information. I’m vegetarian, and don’t like fake meats. I’m seeing a lot of Impossible or Beyond burgers on the menu’s. I haven’t noticed many chickpea or black bean ones though. Do I just need to accept that my burgers are going to be ‘meaty’ ?

I could be mistaken, since it's been about 2 years, but when we stayed at Coronado Springs, but I'm pretty sure the vegetarian burger at Pepper Market was black bean and corn based. It was nicely spiced with a toasted bun, and was generally delicious. I enjoy fake meats, but I prefer black bean burgers.

Update: I checked their website, and it appears they switched it to a Beyond Burger. Sorry!!!

I'm one that does not enjoy fake meat... I'd actually choose chicken over that, as I aim for not just veggie, but the least processed food. Much rather have a true veggie burger, or portobello mushroom burger. I'm glad there's the choose of fake meat for those who prefer it, but I wish they wouldn't give up on the true veg.

Vegan Disney World recently posted that Almond Milk is available at Joffrey's coffee stands. They were specifically talking about the new seasonal latte and said it can be hot or iced. That should be another good place to find a plant based milk option.

Hi everyone

Raglan Rd has a really good quinoa and white bean burger. It's huge and nothing like the Impossible and Beyond patties. I'm not a fan of my food tasting like meat either.

I'm one that does not enjoy fake meat... I'd actually choose chicken over that, as I aim for not just veggie, but the least processed food. Much rather have a true veggie burger, or portobello mushroom burger. I'm glad there's the choose of fake meat for those who prefer it, but I wish they wouldn't give up on the true veg.

Maybe I'm not reading what you wrote correctly. Are you saying people who will eat fake/vegetarian meats aren't "true veg?" Everyone has their different eating preferences. I'll just say that I've been a vegetarian for 22 years. I don't eat fake meat regularly, but I like it just fine when I have it. I particularly enjoy Tofurky slices on sandwiches, as it seems to make cold sandwiches more hearty to my tastes. Anyway, I think enjoying a plant-based "meat" patty doesn't make a person less of a true vegetarian. I had a cousin who went vegetarian for a couple years. He said that to me after I made Boca patties when they were new and first came out. I thought they were great, and he said, "Those are too much like meat. They are for desperate people who feel like they need meat in their lives. I don't think a true vegetarian would want that. I know I won't eat them." It felt insulting, and now he's not even a vegetarian anymore. If I was a little more petty, I'd bring it up and ask him who's the true veg now :rotfl2:

Maybe I'm not reading what you wrote correctly. Are you saying people who will eat fake/vegetarian meats aren't "true veg?" Everyone has their different eating preferences. I'll just say that I've been a vegetarian for 22 years. I don't eat fake meat regularly, but I like it just fine when I have it. I particularly enjoy Tofurky slices on sandwiches, as it seems to make cold sandwiches more hearty to my tastes. Anyway, I think enjoying a plant-based "meat" patty doesn't make a person less of a true vegetarian. I had a cousin who went vegetarian for a couple years. He said that to me after I made Boca patties when they were new and first came out. I thought they were great, and he said, "Those are too much like meat. They are for desperate people who feel like they need meat in their lives. I don't think a true vegetarian would want that. I know I won't eat them." It felt insulting, and now he's not even a vegetarian anymore. If I was a little more petty, I'd bring it up and ask him who's the true veg now :rotfl2:

While I completely agree with you that liking/disliking fake meat doesn’t make you more or less of a vegetarian. I do still feel like there is nowhere near enough options for vego’s who don’t like fat meats. My example alone- trying to get a more natural burger patty in Disney and there’s literally 2 places to get it vs the 45 places to get Beyond / Impossible in the parks. I have been a vegetarian for 10 years and while it started for the animals (and mostly still is)- I’m now at the point that the thought, texture, smell and taste (fake or not) revolts me.

‘Fake meats’ are also an allergy concern as many are soy.

Anyway, just a rant - wouldn’t hurt Disney to have a few more fresh / natural vego options too- instead of just a different cut of Beyond everywhere.

Yeah, not really reading it the way it is intended, but that's ok; I like vegetables, that look and taste like vegetables, the least processed the better. I have health reasons to avoid things like grains, soy, carbs, fillers, artificial flavoring etc... or to minimize them as much as I can. I think that for those that like meaty taste (like a grilled burger), the fake meat, fake grill taste is great and I'm glad they have them, and the way they make them is fascinating. It just seems like the companies think that all vegetarians really want meat and not actually veg. I don't like processed food and more in the "whole food plant-based" camp, so would rather have like a portobello burger with all the toppings than a "fake meat" burger just out of personal preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!