Velocicoaster down most of Thursday

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
Driving home from our Universal trip.
Friday the 13th brought us some bad luck as far as Velocicoaster is concerned, we ended up missing out on riding it this trip. Bummer.
. Got in the VC line at 10:51, posted time 55 mins. Trudged along alllll the outside switchbacks. Line would stop totally for many minutes. Finally in the room with the muzzles about 11:59. Stuff goes in lockers. Get to the room with Chris Pratt , and stop. About third time through the clips, announcements start. Ride delayed. Very old school waiting now, as nobody had phones, etc no idea if this was weather or what. Announcement starts changing to it’s indefinitely delayed, welcome to wait, but no idea when it might reopen. People start bailing, DS said he wanted to stick it out no matter. He said better than sitting in hotel. We inch up to where we can see the loading area. I can see the maintenance room, and several technicians go in, not TMs. I’m like uh-oh. We still wait.
Then the dreaded announcements the ride is suspended……2 hours 10 mins , no ride on VC
But at least we got something I’d only heard about: ruby pass!
We really wanted VC, so went to universal to buy time, hoping VC would reopen. It didn’t. So off to Hagrids, which I’ve only ridden twice. It was great fun!!! On boat back to resort saw VC reopened. 140 mins wait! Wonder what in the world happened .
Anyone else ever get a ruby pass like that, or get that far into a ride, only to be hustled out? We’ve had it several times at Disney on Splash, and once Haunted Mansion, not universal tho

Last edited:
Went to get on Friday around 5 PM and it was delayed. Went back and got in line at 8:45 PM. with express pass. Made it past the medal detectors and got stuck in the stair hallway going up. After about 30 minutes they shut down and gave everyone a ruby pass. We were in line with multiple people who were not going to be in the parks after that day so we ended up with quite a few extra passes. Luckily we had Saturday to go back and rode Hagrids with the passes and use EP on VC four times.

It seems to run at limited capacity or break down frequently. Maybe half the times I've ridden it has been that way. Including during an Orlando Informer Meetup event - took over 40min for one ride then.

Here now, at 60min into a "45min wait" they announced the wait time will be longer than stated. Line is now posted at 135min.

Last edited:
It seems to run at limited capacity or break down frequently. Maybe half the times I've ridden it has been that way. Including during an Orlando Informer Meetup event - took over 40min for one ride then.

Here now, at 60min into a "45min wait" they announced the wait time will be longer than stated. Line is now posted at 135min.
ugh, Hope you finally got on. So frustrating when the wait times go up after getting in line. And express passes there sure make standby worse.
Good luck!! Hope you're having a fabulous trip!

After a few "extended delay" announcements, they closed the ride & provided the ruby EP. Total wait: 2hrs on the dot. Line was crawling even before they let the EP crowd enter the queue.

After a few "extended delay" announcements, they closed the ride & provided the ruby EP. Total wait: 2hrs on the dot. Line was crawling even before they let the EP crowd enter the queue.
oh wow, yeah, that's about what happened with us. We were just a bit over 2 hours, and no phones! Glad you got the RUby pass anyway, and it did work with no issues for Hagrids! Did have to show it at 3 different points in the queue. Hope rest of trip is good.

Yeah, we saw it was down yesterday, and when it got back up, the waits were insane, longer than Hagrids, so we didn’t bother. All the ride times were bad yesterday. Glad you at least got the ruby. We did Hagrids at closing, but it was still a 65 minute wait.

We did Hagrids at closing, but it was still a 65 minute wait.
That's about what Hagrids was Fri at closing, though I think it was also impacted by that Megacon event at Islands that night.
All the ride times were bad yesterday.
Heartily agree. I saw longer single rider lines than ever before too, even Forbidden Journey & Hulk were all the way down their staircases. Never seen either anywhere near that bad.

That's about what Hagrids was Fri at closing, though I think it was also impacted by that Megacon event at Islands that night.

Heartily agree. I saw longer single rider lines than ever before too, even Forbidden Journey & Hulk were all the way down their staircases. Never seen either anywhere near that bad.
I know crowds and lines were so bad Saturday. Really hoping it’s not that way all week and was just the weekend. It wasn’t Christmas bad, but it definitely felt like 4th of July bad.

I turned the corner to enter the Hulk single rider line and saw the end of the line right there. My brain immediately said, “Nope! I know better.” If you can see the end of a single rider line, it’s going to be longer than standby.

I also noticed everything was breaking down on Saturday which only added to the congestion. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen so much down all at the same time before. We got stuck on Dr Doom at the top. Hulk went down while we were in line, but luckily, it went back up again as we’d already waited close to an hour at that point. I know Velocicoaster was down most of the day, Hogwarts Express went down, and River Adventure was down most of day. Also think I read Hagrids was at reduced cars which is horrible considering the crowds. Not sure what else. I think a TM mentioned RRR in US. I was blacked out of there, so not sure on that side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter