Vent- Room Ressies...

indigo

Disney Blogger!
Just have to vent!

We're getting married at the Grand Californian on Oct. 7th. We've been working on this since May/April including meetings with the Fairytale Wedding (FW) folk there. Our 'save the date' cards were sent out on Aug 6th by FW and our attendees are now responding to reserve rooms... only there are no rooms available for our guests at any of the three hotels. (Apparently a large group has everything booked.)

We had asked about booking a room block for our guests during our first or second meeting and were told we didn't have to reserve a block of rooms, that there would be no problem when our guests wanted to make ressies... I guess we should have insisted...

I'm even reading the wedding contract where we promise to encourage our guests to stay at the resort, plus our names our on the save the date cards, so now we look bad too. Funny thing is we wouldn't have known about this for another week or two if one of our mother's hadn't tried to make a ressie via phone today instead of sending in the form like she was supposed to.

We've already stepped up the ladder with this to the hotel GM office and are awaiting a response. At this point, I don't care if they have to find suites for our guests (we only need 10 rooms on the wedding night and 3 the night prior).

Grrr. Thanks for letting me vent.

Depending on who you talk to, a lot of misinformation can be distributed on room availability. Sometimes if calling you get someone who does not look at the "room blocks" but at regular hotel availability, which there may not be. Good luck, I would suggest a quick call to your coordinator. Their job is to handle this for you so you don't have to!

If your Mom just called the regular CRO number, they probably were correct in saying there were no rooms.

Check with you coordinator to see if indeed there are rooms available for your guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter