Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Barkley!

Also, congrats on a good training week (and great job getting through 5 miles on Thursday despite the leash incident and other factors working against you!). But mostly ... Barkley.

Thank you! He really is the most important thing though, so I totally understand.

OMG Barkley is so incredibly cute! I just want to hug him and squish him.

Thank you! He is really starting to behave much better and is doing so good! Not sure I'd use the word sweet yet, but we are making progress. LOL

RACE WEEK!

It's race week and we made it to Nashville this afternoon! We've already been to the expo because I ran the one mile race tonight to get some more bling, LOL. We've never been here before and I LOVE country music, so I cannot wait to explore! We have a hop on-hop off trolley tour scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday. I figured that is one way to see the sights without exhausting my legs or myself. One run left until the real thing!
nashville.jpg

So what happened last week?
Thursday, 4/19 - 2 mile warm up @ 10:14 pace, 6 tempo miles @ 8:11 pace (8:04 goal, close enough) and 2 mile cool down @ 10:13 pace.

Friday, 4/20 - 6 treadmill miles @ 9:45 pace.

Saturday, 4/21 - 6 miles @ 9:20 pace.

Sunday, 4/22 - 6 treadmill miles @ 10:00 pace.

Monday, 4/23 - 5 miles @ 9:26 pace.

Tuesday, 4/24 - 6 treadmill miles @ 10:00 pace.

Wednesday, 4/25 - REST DAY!

Thursday, 4/ 26 - 2 miles @ 9:54 pace and I ran the Rock and Roll One Miler. It was supposed to be at a 10:12 pace, but my watch died during my 2 mile run, so I accidentally ran that 1 mile at a 8:39 pace. WHOOPS!
nashville2.jpg

Alright y'all, this is my last update until after the race. Thank you all so much for your encouragement along the way. I know I've put in the work, so now it's time to see what these legs can do. Thoughts and prayers for an injury free race are greatly appreciated. :lovestruc

Yay extra bling!

You've put in so much hard work during this training cycle, and I'm really excited to see you go out there and smash your goal. You got this!

Have an awesome race!

These Rock N Roll bibs are SO LARGE. It's insane! I am tracking you on the RnR app (which is how I knew you finished the one mile race) so I will get a pop up when you start and finish the half this weekend! Rooting for you big time Kristin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter